[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Lee Rogers Air Fueled Car

Lee Rogers Air Fueled Car

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

Lee Rogers Air Fueled Car

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:50 pm

Alo ha,
Anyone played with the Lee Rogers concept?
http://www.panacea-bocaf.org/compressedair.htm
http://www.aircaraccess.com/catcomps.htm
I am attempting a replication, will post photos in project folder.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Alo ha,
My project can be seen here-
http://oupower.com/index.php?dir=_Other ... %20Project
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:13 am

Alo ha,
In case your wondering "How can air be fuel?".
Air at 100 degrees F. is 592 degrees above absolute zero.
Any air above absolute zero contains energy.

Our air is heated by the sun. Don't you think that
you can find a way to get energy from something 592 degrees?
Lee Rogers did. His exhaust was at least 30 degrees cooler that the air going in. Fortunately for us, this does not require an entirely new engine design. Lee used a Dodge 318 V-8. He claimed to triple his power running air fuel.

Calling this air fuel is very important. This is not free energy or over-unity. This will not work without air. If you were in space, or on another planet, this would not work. Aren't you glad we have lots of air here?
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:49 am

I've though for a while that compressed air could be used as a decent power storage medium. It's fairly safe, easy to store and transport and is non polluting. If you over load a motor that it is powering, everything just stops and you're engine won't burn out. Think of an air drill. Also loss lubrication would be less of a problem as you don't have a high tempreture burning the oil.

I can remember seeing on some TV shows only a few years back a guy who made an engine that runs off compressed air. It looked promising.

This, in ways, reminds me of AlaskaStars X-rig when you mention that the exaust air was 30 degs cooler. It's basically another phase-change system. I like the ideas of these as you can also collect drinking water due to certain parts cooling rapidly. Also the limited range of some of these cars helps promote driver reviver techniques.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:00 am

here's the link of the guy from the TV show
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:41 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:54 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:22 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:33 pm

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 am

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:58 pm

Alo ha,
Posted a video today with a Briggs converted from 4 cycle to 2 cycle, running on compressed air. First step to understanding Lee Rogers car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5onMGsMkNA

Alaskastar and I pooled our knowledge and research,
may have resolved some unresolved questions
on the Lee Rogers air motor.
Alaskastar was explaining to me how air conditioning worked,
as we partially dismantled a small window mount air conditioner.
I had some questions as to how the unit functioned.
At the point where the freon is sprayed into the condenser,
I realized how this could relate to air fuel.
Lee Rogers used very small outlets on his exhaust,
which exited very cold.
The light came on.
I had thought that it was the power stroke
that caused the air to cool, but that was wrong.
Most info written explains it that way.

The cooling effect occurs as the air comes out
the small opening after the exhaust valve.

So this is how it must work-
Unrestricted atmosphere is allowed to enter the engine normally through the intake (first cycle- down-stroke),
which is then compressed (second cycle- upstroke).
On the first few degrees of the power down stroke (third cycle),
air pressure in the cylinder is high, well over the 85 psi. used by Lee.
But as the piston travels downward, just at the point where the pressure starts to drop below 85 psi.,
the air pressure solenoid valve in the former plug location is activated,
restoring pressure as the piston continues downward.
This is able to continue to maintain pressure all the way to the bottom of the pistons travel, if so desired.
More pressure-longer solenoid valve on time, more RPM.

This reasoning is entirely consistent
with all of the known facts about Lee's modification.
Lee recycled about 20% (or so he said) of the air used in the motor.
The reason this would be is because much of the air
performing the work is that which comes in through
the open carburetor/atmosphere.
That work would occur on the first few degrees
of downward movement on the power stroke.
We hope to have something in operation
on this concept in the next couple days,
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:31 am

Ok, before I drive over to see you, I thought I would fuck up your sleep again! Yeah, you can thank me after you see my plane leave to send me back to that frozen place I call HOME/ Alaska.

Ok, I was thinking on the Maintaining Pressure part....

DUAL Check Valves.

Yep.

One is rated for 85 PSI Crack Pressure to take the pressure generated during the compression stroke and put it into the tank.

The second is rated for 80 PSI, and remains open ONLY until the exhaust opens and the pressure suddenly plummets. So the inlet/ outlet valves are check style valves with a pre-set crack rating.

This simplifies it, and no need for the crank driven compressor.

Your thoughts?

Hope Kona is SUNNY tomorrow. Want to have fun for my birthday.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm

can i be a useless prat here and point out that this is in the wrong forum? lol isnt this a conventional project since its not overunity or theorized to be overunity?

:-P

dont hurt me
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:55 pm

i have a 6000 PSI high pressure air cylinder, weighs about 250lbs.... i wonder what kind of range that would give? its a big as a normal sized CO2 tank. its hard to get it filled to those levels without a major paintball supplier nearby. most gas companies dont even have pumps that go that high.

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm

"this is in the wrong forum? lol isnt this a conventional project since its not overunity or theorized to be overunity?"

Alo ha,
Actually, is there such a thing as "overunity",
or is it just manipulation of available materials?

Water is pure energy, according to Einstein.
So in theory any manipulation of water with or without device
may produce effects or energy without overunity.
The air on this planet is warmed,
and so stores great quantities of energy.
If our air were in deep space, it would be 390 degrees below zero,
or absolute zero. At any temp above that, it has energy in it.

You must not have read about Lee Rogers,
because you would have known that
he operated his Dodge on only air,
and compressed more air fuel as he drove.
He never needed to refuel, or add compressed air.
That's not an overunity concept?
He and his family were murdered.
He had the best possible fuel- better than water.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Next

Return to OU General Discussions