[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Tuning for Mileage

Tuning for Mileage

Do you have a project you're working on that doesn't fit into any of the forums above? Please post about it here.

Tuning for Mileage

Postby Pinhead » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:26 am

Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:36 am

Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:42 am

Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:46 am

These articles were originally written by Mike Holler at and
Pinhead
Regular Poster

Tuning Article

Postby SeaMonkey » Tue May 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Pinhead,

Your posting of the articles is very helpful.

For those who would like to download the complete article and have their own personal copy, the file

Go to the bottom of the page under Miscellaneous.

Other documents are listed also.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

AFR Sensors

Postby gio » Thu May 29, 2008 7:31 pm

So I understand that I possible solution for working with AFR sensors is to add a low ohm resistor to it, but I'm confused as to what that actually does in the sense of fuel ratio.

I guess I'm just having a hard time figuring out what to do with my AFR sensor, also I have read that Bob Boyce's Prius was able to relearn the ratio with the added hydroxy...how exactly does this work?

Thanks to anyone who has info on this, everything posted so far has been great.
gio

Re: AFR Sensors

Postby Hybrid » Thu May 29, 2008 8:36 pm

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

tunning for millage

Postby fuelsaver2 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:36 pm

fuelsaver2
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:38 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby van » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:13 am

Kia ora

Just finished and installed my fuel heater (diesel), now to run it for awhile and see if there is any noticable mpg advantage.

Kevin

re AutoCerm. I seriously doubt their claims for fuel savings. Longer engine life perhaps
Bill

Kiwi ingenuity, number 8 wire and can-do attitude
van
Regular Poster

Postby van » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:23 am

Bill

Kiwi ingenuity, number 8 wire and can-do attitude
van
Regular Poster

How to tune for mileage?

Postby kumaran » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:27 am

Hi guys,

It has been very long since I last posted. I'm still exploring how to use hydroxy in car to gain mileage. After numerous trial and error I'm still didn't get result as I wanted.

Now, I have moved my electrolyser to test onto EFI cars. When comes to EFI cars, there are many sensors play thier roles to sends signal to ECU to determine amount of fuel needed. After reading tuning for mileage I get some input on how the sensors are delivering thier duties.

Gary (Chemlec) sent me EFIE circuit to trick O2 signal. The circuit works as it should but car still consume almost same amount of fuel. Then I move to another level and built simple MAP/MAF circuit as proposed in tuning for mileage document. With Map sensor enhancer circuit, I could see immediate difference in engine rpm when I increase or decrease voltage goes to ECU from MAP sensor. But its really a troublesome to keep the sensors voltage to certain voltage to maintain fuel delivery while driving at different speed.

I'm using Fifth generation Mitsubishi Lancer for my testing. The car comes with 1.5L engine and autotransmission. After setting the voltage near to 2V (aircon & head lights on), when I press throttle, the engine dies off. It's very hard to control the fuel delivery by adjusting MAP signal while driving. I have changed the hydroxy gas output from 200mLPM to 1LPM but the car doesn't show much difference in mileage. What could be wrong?

After reading many results using hydroxy for cars in internet, I see one common problem. Extreamly good result for short period of time. After installing some people could double or triple the mileage but not for long when ECU fights back the changes and the result back to square one. Many people in Malaysia who uses double spiral coil design, gain very high mileage but not for long.

Now, I have installed the cell into Daihatsu Move auto 1.0L. I appreciate if anybody could help me out with car sensor issues and how to overcome it. I perfer mechanical method like wrapping O2 sensor or choke the air intake which requires no electronics to fool the ECU.
Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:41 pm

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:46 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:55 am

huck
Regular Poster

Next

Return to General Conventional Project Discussions