[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Results of testing old batteries which have been desulphated

Results of testing old batteries which have been desulphated

Do you have a project you're working on that doesn't fit into any of the forums above? Please post about it here.

Postby Amr » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:48 am

Amr
Regular Poster

Unusually low voltages while desulfating

Postby SeaMonkey » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:17 am

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby Amr » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:35 am

Amr
Regular Poster

Pulsing only to restore and charge

Postby SeaMonkey » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:59 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:12 pm

What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:15 pm

What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Re: Pulsing only to restore and charge

Postby mael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:19 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Re: Pulsing only to restore and charge

Postby Amr » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Amr
Regular Poster

Postby Amr » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:50 am

Hey every one: Merry Christmas and I hope you have a happier coming year‎

It took me a while tile I could tell you about the progress I made, I was hoping it would ‎be a good one but unfortunately, it doesnt seem so.‎

I received my new toy, a generator for 0 - 39 V on a 2 A transformer, the transformer is ‎the source of power that I hook into the battery, with pulsed output for 0 - 2kHz, also it ‎has a 4 range duty settings (from 10% till 90%)‎

When I first received it, it's output transistor did not succeed in handling high amp output, ‎so I had to repair it by asking my friend to increase the output transistor capability by ‎adding 2 more transistors in parallel, now they are three and since I received it back ‎‎(yesterday), it did not complain and managed to handle the max output that I tested it ‎with.‎

Repair time for the generator was about a week, which I decided to use in monitoring the ‎behavior of a dead battery that I wish to repair (other than the first one) it is 70 Amps, ‎liquid LA.‎

It's v when I gut it was 10.2, so I was a bit optimistic about it, I added water to the top ‎level, opened the caps and left it hooked to an automatic charger for few days (a 12A ‎charger) this in normal batteries should take few hours to fully charge it and to allow it to ‎go into trickle charge state, after few days, it was still accepting about 3 A charge, so it ‎never really gut fully charged, in fact when I removed the charger, the battery only gave ‎me 11.3 V and started dropping, it never got too hot to touch.‎

The specific gravity for 4 of the 6 cells improved while charging, and these cells where ‎the ones that were bubbling while under charge, the other 2 (at the negative pole end) did ‎not bubble and did not improve in regards of specific gravity, so I recon these are the ‎defected cells.‎

Now what I did was to hook up the generator from last night till now (over 12 hours) and ‎starting altering frequency, V and duty cycle. ‎
All cells bubbled except for the 2 ones that I believe they are defected. Not even at 39 V ‎and 2kHz. Reading at the battery’s end never passed 13.5 v although generator’s output is ‎‎39 V. I will leave it hooked for now as I have to go to work, but I dont think that I'm ‎doing it right, you guys say that signs of accepting repair should show almost ‎immediately as far as I understood, and that it usually takes only few hours to max a ‎couple of days for full repair (for a battery that is repairable of course).‎

Do you see something wrong in my configuration? if so, please correct me. I also built ‎another pulsar with variable duty cycle based on the 2 X IC555 circuit, I will connect this one ‎to my first circuit (40 V transformer and 5 X 6800 mf capacitors in parallel) and I hope that ‎by tomorrow I can start using it, it still needs a frequency counter as the oscilloscope I ‎have is an add on card to the pc and is not easy to use it where the batteries are.‎
Amr
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:22 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Postby Amr » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Amr
Regular Poster

Postby Amr » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Amr
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:01 am

mael
Regular Poster

Postby Amr » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Amr
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:58 pm

mael
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Conventional Project Discussions