[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - HELP with a permanent mag motor please

HELP with a permanent mag motor please

These devices are similar to Overbalanced Wheels in that they have no electronic parts, but they do employ permanent magnets. The one important factor here is that these devices can run in the absense of gravity. In other words, they could run in space!

Postby nakros » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:51 pm

No need to apologize at all! Especially if you get your plans up :). After following this discussion, I'm quite interested in seeing some plans of your ideas. I have done some *very* basic playing around with magnets, and have a few drawings of ideas, but probably won't post much about it until I get some time to experiment and test.

Greg;
nakros
Regular Poster

Postby magnetmotorguy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:07 pm

thank you. I have the parts coming in, I had hoped they would be here by now, but you know how it goes. I will be getting the wheels and rings in soon and the axels and bearings are ordered. So now the waiting begins. I have no delusions, there will be hours and hours of testing and fitting and re testing and so on and so forth. fun fun fun. I can't wait.
overunity is not a theory
magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Shielding

Postby Jerryx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:39 am

Hi, is this thread still alive.

I have been experimenting with shielding.
It makes it so much easier to get rotation.
Does anyone know of a shielding type tape
that could be made diy.
I know its available, but expensive.
My shielding is too bulky
Jerryx
Regular Poster

Postby jjbeamish » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:12 pm

Tin works ok, but it is about 50% less powerful than Netic.
jjbeamish
Regular Poster

Postby magnetmotorguy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:26 pm

Hello all, I have been absent from the thread for a while, I have not however been slack in my efforts. I have been through 3 generations of motors and I have a new set on the way. I have pretty high hopes for this generation. It is on 18 degree tilt for rotor mags and 0 degrees for the stator mags. there are a quite a few mags in each wheel and there is 5 wheels in the system. I am having new bushings made up for the new motor. I am wondering if anyone can tell me (explain in detail) about shielding tape or something that is availiable and maleable. I am not too worried about the price. Thanks and I will get back in touch when I have some more info.

D
magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Postby brownie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:02 am

brownie

Rotation

Postby magnetmotorguy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:47 pm

magnetmotorguy
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to PMM's (Permanent Magnet Motors)