[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Magnetic Hydrogen Electrolyzer

Magnetic Hydrogen Electrolyzer

This forum is for discussions regarding Hydrogen Production by all means OTHER than Electrolysis. It is also for discussing the end results of Hydrogen Applications such as Water Engines & Water Cars.

Postby AlaskaStar » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 pm

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:30 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:58 am

Ok, just been doingsome shopping around for the components.

Do you remember what the voltage values of the electrolytic caps were? I've put down 35V ones as it should give a little bit of leeway with voltage spikes.

As for the MOSFET would one do?

And as for the Xenon bulb, could I use one out of an old disposable flash camera? Would a very small spark gap or a neon work? Any old xenon?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:51 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Ok, all parts bar the magnet wire have been ordered. Now just gotta find a decent place to get magnet wire from.

Also I think I know what the problem was when I joined the muliple spools up the first time. It seems like most of the magnet wire nowadays is solderable, meaning I didn't have to burn off the enamel with a lighter. You just solder it as you would if it was bare copper wire.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:00 am

i got my length of wire from bulkwire.com. but i dunno if they ship AUS or not.

i also had a bit of trouble soldering the 22awg magnet wire even after i used a knife to get a clean surface.....however my soldering iiron is a low-temp iron, better suited for ic's....... i need to get one of those butane powered ones. they are the stuff, and no wires, no forever warm-up time!!!
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:24 am

Ok, the components have arrived so I can start to put them together on my breadboard. Just gotta either fix that old coil or order some more wire.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:20 pm

since alaskastar said that gauss strength is as issue, make a small inner diameter coil. one thing that coilguns have taught me about making a strong magnetic field is that the field dies off rapidly around the coil, so get some thin walled pipe and really build urself a nice thick coil, so that the magnetic field is really focused and concentrated on the medium. then be sure to replicate the electrolyte solution, super concentrated and very caustic- let it sit like he did and the extra crystals precipitate to the bottom. then start adjusting the freq.

im thinking about using my coilgun tube since the whole assembly is plastic and the only metal part is the copper coil. just fill the tube with electrolyte and cap one end, have the other go to a bubbler. it'lll be easy to tell. i just need to get the parts so i can build and test.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Yeah, that's what I was gonna do. I was thinking the same thing about having a smaller diameter coil. Also I think it would be goodto make it shorter in height too as this would focus it even more. I have some 1" tubing in the workshop that should do the trick and I'll make the coil probably about 1-2" high, nice and fat so I can get a good strong field.

Though damn them MOSFETs are pricey. One of them makes up for around 1/3rd of the circuit price.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:42 am

yeah but (speaking american dollars here) the whole circuit couldnt have cost more than what, $15, and thats buying at like radioshack.....which has high prices...

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:52 am

yup bout $16 AUD from Jaycar.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:30 am

Okey Dokey, I think I've finished the circuit and fixed up the coil. I've resoldered all the joints in the crazy multi reel, offcut, just lying around coil. I;ve also rewound the coil so it's shorter, fatter and tighter. Same length of wire, instead of being 8in or so high it's only about 2.5in now to better concentrate the flux denisity. Just gotta prep the solution and connect everything up and then we can see what happens
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:43 am

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production non Electrolytic