[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Hello! =D

Hello! =D

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:03 am

Seamonkey:

I am glad to see that it's not a localized observation in education. It seems not only do the kids whom are home-schooled have more practical knowledge, but the parents actually cared for these kids, and the personality traits of these kids are milder, more mature and often enough these kids don't have the same crime stats as those from the public education system.

The public education system in Alaska is abysmal at best. The legislature is removing the "No Kid Left Behind Act" from the local schools, because it is worthless and the outlined criteria to perform includes lowering the test standards to make more students pass the tests.

Like I stated, the system is in shambles. Everyone notices, but nobody steps up to the plate with a solution. The good solutions require "work" and therefore get filibustered at every board meeting because the administration is accustomed to high pay for no work. Lazy. And they wonder why video games are more popular?

So I am not surprised to see that Amerika is left in the dust when it comes to education.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

home schooling

Postby Dutchdivco » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:34 am

To me, "Living off the Grid" is more than just the electric grid. There are many "grids" or supply networks that have developed, that supply the neccesities of life; food, shelter, clothing, energy, EDUCATION, public safety and so on.You can take anyone of these grids, and, because you don't like the quality of the product or service, or moral aspects, (i.e. Green or non free range) or because you don't like being dependent on the grid (What if it fails) you can go "OFF the Grid". Home schooling and home birth are 2 examples of this.This may be the only way to bring about real CHANGE. For sure it will be a change, for you. But if only 10-15% of the populace join you, it will shake up the system.When my daughters were born at home 30 yrs. ago, midwives had a hard time of it. Soon after that, hospitals started to develop "birthing rooms" with cosmetic changes. Because they felt threatened.Home schooling similarly threatens the schools, because they lose $5000-$8000 per student, for every home schooler.Thing is, there so screwed up they can't even make cosmetic improvements to try to change. But, I think "No kid left behind" was an attempt to do that, and the homeschoolers may have been the reason.You can't change the system by charging the ramparts, guns blazing. You can vote with your feet, and your pocketbook, and it doesn't take that many to make em scared. When my daughters were growing up, there were no "Whole Foods" chains, just the local co-op.Jim
"Fanatacism consists of redoubling your effort, while forgetting your aim"
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby gas mark 5 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Monosodium Glutamate!!!
gas mark 5

George

Postby Dutchdivco » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:22 pm

Sorry, I went WAY off-topic.Perhaps someone can help with the correct link, cause i can't find it here, now. Somewhere on this site is a place where members can post their projects. Chris, (I believe the 'founder') has a really good tutorial on electrolysys. Didn't read the whole thing, but its starts out with making a small amount of gas, using 2 paper clips, a 9v. battery, and some salt water. It then goes on to more advanced projects, at which point I needed to log off for awhile, and haven't been able to find the way back to it, since.I would like to find it, and I think it would be a good place for you to start.How about it, Alaskastar, I remember your projects were in there to, and I looked at some of them, too, before I got tired. Jim
"Fanatacism consists of redoubling your effort, while forgetting your aim"
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Go to the main page. Yes, the one at:

http://www.oupower.com

Now do not click on the forum link.

Scroll down...

WAY DOWN.

Keep Scrolling.

More...

More....

OOPS! If you see poetry you went too far.

Come back up a bit. You will see a list of members whom have project pages here. Click on them to see the contents.

If you don't have a project page yet, see about getting one, so we can see what you are building. Kinda helps a bunch on the feedback end of things.

When building things, it don't have to look all pretty and finely manufactured like the stuff in my folder. Ugly is beautiful here when it comes to prototypes.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis