[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Possible Hydrogen Delivery System

Possible Hydrogen Delivery System

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

Possible Hydrogen Delivery System

Postby FlashBang » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:52 pm

I have been wondering about retrofitting an ICE with a HYDROGEN booster (NOT Hydroxy as too much overhead in need for electricity). So I have been looking into the AlaskaStar method of Hydrogen Production without Electrolysis.

The problems seem to be in getting the Hydrogen delivered in quantity to the cylinder. So... I got to thinking about a thread that is floating around here somewhere for a Hydrogen injector. That system seemed to be less than a good solution...

So here is my idea...

basically its a regular sparkplug but instead of a solid electrode down the center of the spark plug, it has a tube and the walls of the tube serve as the electrode. Now this will also call for a new set of plug wires, that has a connector at the top for the hydrogen fill hose. and the regular sparkplug wire would connect to the side... much like on a lawn mower plug.

In principle, is has a spring loaded check valve. When the piston is in the compression phase of course this would close the valve, but when the pressure in the piston drops to draw in fuel and air, the vacume would work inconjunction with positive pressure from the Hydrogen side to open the valve and provide a desired amount of Hydrogen into the chamber for combustion... and the cycle starts over. One thing that I though might be of use, that the image does not depict is the placement of 4 spark gaps, each at 90 degrees of the circle arc.

Just a thought, as this system would not require boring additional holes in your engine OR find an engine that already has two spark plug type holes per piston as AS indicated some do.

FlashBang!
Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:42 pm

Humm interesting idea. One this that I'm wondering about is the center electrode. It appears to be in an opposite configuration to ordanary spark plugs, as in the centre electrode comeout and over the ground electrode. And also the centre electrode looks like it is actually shielding the gas stream from the spark gap so that the spark with not be in the most dense area. What is the reason for this? Also how will you be controlling the flow of gas through the plug?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:22 pm

Well, it´s a nice idéa. BUT ... your left whit a problem if you where to instal this into a diesel engine. Diesel engine doesent use suction (vacuum) to introduce fuel, the fuel is introduced when the piston is on it´s highest point before ignition. How do you solve that?

The reason for my contribution here is that diesel have a much much higher efficiency. Diesel = 47-52% Gasoline = 20-23%. So when we are looking to introduce hydrogen to ICE, diesel is the one to go for. And since diesel delivers the torque early (low rpm) it consumes less fuel.
I pressume that this construction is for gasoline engines?
In that case, i whould go for electrical fuel injectors.

PS- Diesel engines are on the rice in Europe, it is the overall winner when it comes to fuel efficiency, more robust engines and cleaner exhaust emissions.
I posted an article on Scribe called "The difference between diesel and gasoline engines", so i´m not intending to be insolent att all. Just trying to help in any way possible. Since the amount of diesel cars sold in the use are somewhere around 1%, it is time to look it over.

I personel think this. This forum (certain members) delivers realy good idéas and if one where to combine all nown aspects of hydrogen/hydroxid and engine tech, one could realy puch the boundarys.

(way of here) but, whene it comes to hydrogen fuel i still belive that the hydroxid solution is the way to go. It´s not the technologie, it is the limit i peoples minde.
What i see is this: Diesel engine and photon treatment, there´s your future. In this solution you do not need any extra chemicals to seperate the watermolecyle, only light.
(91,2nm in the fare ultraviolet band) ... so, what you do know is to use your idéa - advance it furter (just a thought) and construct this device for the diesel engine...

Water does still have the lowest point of storage for hydrogen and it´s going to stay this way for years ahead, both in energy relations and storage capacity. Whell, we could go for paladium, but that´s expencive.

Just a humble idéa! Keep up the good work.

/Patrik
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:44 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:08 am

- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Missing something

Postby Dutchdivco » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:09 pm

"Fanatacism consists of redoubling your effort, while forgetting your aim"
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogen4fuel » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi Guys I just joined up today and I was having a browse thru the forum and I realised I have a long way to go yet with some of the gear you guys are talking about (great stuff)

Flashbang is this the type of thing you are talking about ?

check time of 4:28 secs into the video, thats where he talks about Meyers fracturing the water on entry to the motor thru the spark plug hole.

cheers AL
My website
http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/

Site updated take a look
Hydrogen4fuel

Return to OU General Discussions