[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - plate size

plate size

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

plate size

Postby tasthree » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:32 am

Could somebody please clarify the square inch of active surface area per amp that is needed for the electrode plates.I realize that to little surface area will cause faster erosion of the electrode plates.Would the booster be less efficient with to much surface area.In my search I have read it put as .25 to .5 amp per sq inch and as each face of every electrode plate has an area of between 2-4 sq inches per amp of current flowing thru the cell.So lets say I'm pushing 10 amps thru a 8 plate 7 cell booster.Using the conservative .25 number.Would it be 10 amps / .25=40 sq inches needed.Is that 40sq inches needed per plate which would be approx 6.25 x 6.25 or is that 40 for the whole booster which would be 40/8=5sq inches which would be approx 2.25 x 2.25 per plate.Thanks
Tim
To each his own
tasthree

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:31 pm

I think that this forum has it backwords. Usaly everybody is talkning about 1,24V-2v and betwen 0,5-30A even 40A. But we need to remember that what we are looking for is the elektromagnetic proparties. So, from what i have read it should be low current, not high. High current is low voltage and high ampers. Revers it - High voltage and low ampers. Somwthing like 100V & 3A.
I am looking to try this aplication. I know there exists a cell wich draws only 3,3A @ 96V whit NO ELECTROLYT, only deionised water and whit huge output.
I think that it is the high amp that contribute to the rising tempratur and the lye. Forrget amps vs plate area, use low amp and high voltage instead...

Well, it´s just a teory right now, but i belieave there is something to this.
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:08 pm

Here´s a clue.

1,24V x 30A = 37Watts versus 96V x 3,3A = 316,8Watts

The magic word is Wat! not ampers!
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby tasthree » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:06 pm

To each his own
tasthree

Postby resident_genius » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:44 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:23 pm

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:16 am

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby tasthree » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:45 pm

To each his own
tasthree

Re: plate size

Postby kumaran » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:08 am

Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby tasthree » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Kumaran.Which design of cell on your project page are you refering to.What size plates did you use.When I'm talking about active surface area.I'm saying the surface areas that the electrolyte is actually touching.In your 8 plate unit did you exclude the inactive areas due to the holes,eletrolyte level,gasket covered areas,ctc.I'm trying to be very specific so that I don't waste my time or materials.I apologize but I'v some health problems that effect my cognative abilities :? .So I have to take it slow and simple at first.But I am trying and am functional enough to look before leaping.I allready have the diesels running on a UVO blend and the hho is the next step.
To each his own
tasthree

Postby kumaran » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:08 am

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby tasthree » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:01 am

To each his own
tasthree

Postby resident_genius » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:05 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:22 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby tasthree » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:36 pm

To each his own
tasthree

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis