[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Liquid Volume to Gas Volume Question

Liquid Volume to Gas Volume Question

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Liquid Volume to Gas Volume Question

Postby FlashBang » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:50 am

Ok... I did a site search on this and did not come up with a suitable result so I figure a new topic is OK.

I am trying to figure out what the Liquid to Gas volume conversion is at one atmosphere... i.e. for a common unit of measure of water... how much Hydroxy does that produce at ambient pressure.

FlashBang!
Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:36 am

you have to convert your water amount into moles (1 mole of water is about 18.02 grams)
the basic whole number arrangement @ 1ATM...

2 moles of hydrogen (48.9 liters [gas]) + 1 mole of Oxygen (24.45 liters [gas])
= 2 moles of water (36.04 grams [liquid])

there are 1,000 grams in a liter of water and 3,780 grams in a gallon of water. If I have the math right...

1 gallon of water should yield 5,128 liters of hydrogen and 2,564 liters of oxygenfor a total of 7,692 liters of HydrOxy.
hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:30 am

from what i was told- one unit of water yeilds 1863 units of HHO gas. so one gallon of water is 1863 or 1836 or something gallons of gas. i forget where i saw this, and it was ages ago.

what hypersoniq said is true, then most electrolysers are saving fuel not by the HHO injection, but simply by the water vapor effect. most of us are running some type of brute force or semi-series design (for instance slickgixxer running three smacks cells in series) which causes a lot of waste heat, and along with the fact that we are causing bubbles to rise to the surface of water and then rise into the air tends to cause water to vaporize as well....

what im saying is that if our electrolysers are going to yeild as much gas as hypersoniq says, and the electrolyte level is dropping over the pace of a few hundred miles, at the average rate of one liter per minute, then we are simply adding a water vaporizer to our engines and yeilding the benefits.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:03 pm

1 Liter H2 = 1863 Liters Hydroxid/HHO. 2:1 ratio of hydrogen & oxygen.
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:04 pm

*Sorry, H2=H20
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:40 pm

hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:50 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:33 pm

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:48 pm

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:33 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:32 pm

Flashbang

What you are seeking are what everybody is seeking. I do have som documents here wich i am going to look at and post a respond.
Here are som links for ya! Hang here for i wile, i dont have the time right now. These sites are informal about HHO/2HO/Hydroxid/Brow´s Gas (same thing)

http://www.svpvril.com/svpweb9.html
http://www.nottaughtinschools.com/Yull- ... cture.html
http://www.brownsgas.com/brownsgaswaterasfuel.html
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:39 pm

FlashBang I hope you don't mind me throwing this in.
It is related to the liquid vol to gas vol subject.
This only applies to parrallel wiring (not series)
Maybe a sparky can throw their 20c in here as well.
Why can't we speed up & make cells more efficient by
splitting H20 into HHO by how many elements we have
to deal with. Now this throws my switching poles out tho.
Ok so we know the negs make H & the pos makes the O.
Why don't we use 2 negs per 1 pos electrode :?: :?:
With plates, the end plates outer side makes jack diddly.
Wire cells produce bubbles around every wire. Outer also.
I'm stickin' to round electrodes, because I'm stubborn ;]
The pic bellow is 316L s/s spiral cable 3.2mm dia for eg.
Top pic is the plan lookin down showing the flipped spirals.
Bottom pic shows you the wiring & the 2 to 1 ratio electrodes.
My point is, Why is everyone using 50% of each pole :?:
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:09 pm

thanks for catching that error.
:oops:
hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:11 pm

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:33 am

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis