[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - cobalt phosphate catalyst in electrolysis

cobalt phosphate catalyst in electrolysis

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby Hydrogenworld » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:15 pm

And you where right resident_genuis - your respond made me investigate it a little more, thanks.
I whant to be humble, but i alsow whant a good technologie. There is a lot of different ways to do this. But now, when i think about it, the usage of KOH or pure Bakingsoda seems as good as anything els. Neither the KOH or this new catalyst gets consumed, an we whant the chemical to stay in the cell.
So, what to do whit this information now that it seems like it doesent do much for us, not me anyway.

KOH or pure bakingsoda seems as good as anything else .. or am i missing something here?
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby haroldcr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:01 pm

Baking Soda produces a poisonous vapor, I read somewhere, recently ??

Possibly read it in the Build a cell thread, by Ironhead ??
Haroldcr
haroldcr
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:07 pm

carbon monoxide, i believe.

the ONLY standard mix should be KOH or na2OH, sodium hydroxide. if you feel that your cell needs to be cleaned, use citric acid, anyhydrous.

this new stuff, is the same chemicals that are used in plant photosynthesis, and nocera claims extremely high effeciency.... thats makes me want to buy the potassium phosphate and cobalt oxide, and mix it in there with distilled water.

remember, we cant simply get more oxygen without hydrogen coming to the surface as well, so if this raises the output, its raising effeciency, and that is the big deal!
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:32 pm

That is a good point, the same point a friend explained to me (partner). The chemicales is on the way - photasium phosphat and cobolt oxid (98% pure) so i am going to try them in the next cell i´m building and every result will be posted.

I was disappointed that the UV principle doesent work (yet), but that is how things are sometimes. Back to the drawingbord .. lol.
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:52 pm

Aloha,
Baking soda = 60% hydrogen, 36% carbon monoxide, 4% carbon monoxide (courtisy of B. Boyce).
look at the zack west design for separating hydrogen from oxygen, and a unique method of increasing output. Zack runs a 250 cc cycle on only hydrogen.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:01 am

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:46 am

resident_genius

First of all. I purchased the cobolt oxid from a privat person here in Sweden, so that meens there is a limit of supply there. But one can get this from other stores. It´s used as color for cheramics that i know.

The Photashium Phosphat are purchased true an online plantstore, alsow in Sweden. So the webpage arnt in english. My first try was at an chemical supplyer, but they dont sell it to privat persons and the price for 250g was $87,- and that one was 99% pure. The second try - at the plantstore - hade a price tag of $7,- per 250g ... now somthing tells me that there is a diffrens between those two. But i´m hoping for the best!

So for the record, this was the first attempt and i am guessing that the hunt is still on. I will keep up the chase for these chemicals, do the same and keep posting.
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:00 am

resident_genuis

If you have trubble whit the supply of cobolt oxid i can try to get one or two bags - á 250g - from the same person i purchased it true, i think he at least has that amount left, and ship it to you. If this is somthing you whant the price is somthing like $140,- for 250g.

OBS: Respond in e-meil!
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:38 pm

fair enough, i knew that the potasium phosphate was hazardous if i'm not mistaken, and that cant be shipped by air, only by ground, so it has to be imported by boat to your country. im going to do some homework and start posting links.

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:42 pm

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7309479.html

a must read, is there a chemist in the house?

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:18 pm

My friend is on it - he´s a chemist....
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:44 pm

resident_genuis

Well, it´s advance chemistry so he didnt have any anwser now. But as far as i can see there is cobolt oxide and metal borohydrid solution. It´s an unsupported and in some parts supportet invention.

I have a copy of the orginal patent if someone whant it - i can send it by e-meil. But this is one is to deep at this point. I have to read it and see what i can come up whit or understand.
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby haroldcr » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Haroldcr
haroldcr
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:23 am

its a part of the chapter 10 pdf thats easily found on a google search.

just search for "chapter ten smacks" and it'll show up here:

its about 40% down, just past all the electronics parts. or search the page for "zach west" and it'll take you to it.

'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:12 am

Aloha,
There is also an important radio interview done by the water fuel museum,
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/kywaterfue ... Zach-West/
The interesting revelation here is how separating the sets of series cells into two parallel sets have some benefitual effect.
And Zack seems a little unhappy having decided to run the system under constant pressure. I agree. I am building a similar system to run vacuum, and use a vacuum pump between the WFC's and hydrogen reservoir. In this way, the WFC's will be under constant vacuum, and the hydrogen reservoir will be under positive pressure.
Instead of using electro-magnets to separate the gases, I am using regular magnets, after identifying polarities, and gluing them to the inside of the bubbler. After completed, photos, results, and construction details will be provided.
Bill
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis