[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Capitalism v. Free Energy

Capitalism v. Free Energy

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

Capitalism v. Free Energy

Postby Amy Lewis » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:33 pm

Amy Lewis

Postby waterbard » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:47 am

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:05 pm

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Amy Lewis » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:20 pm

Amy Lewis

Postby FlashBang » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:36 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:47 am

hypersoniq
Regular Poster

America is now Amerika

Postby SeaMonkey » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:47 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:53 am

There is another great book that is freely available on the internet entitled "IRS:The Great Hoax".... its quite a compelling read.. But at 2500+ pages it will take some time to get through.

In short, it goes through ALL of the legal reasons that "most of American citizens are not required to pay "INCOME TAX"...""""

And to SeaMonkey's point, we have a system of "Voluntary Compliance" in which John Doe born in Florida is not the same JOHN DOE of public record. JOHN DOE is the entity required to pay tax... But when John Doe gets that letter from the IRS... He pays it or loses everything. Its realy deceptively ingenius. I mean... 4 different types of citizenship built right into the Constitution.

How many people know that the UNITED STATES is NOT the same as The United States of America???? So then... what you ask IS the "UNITED STATES"... well it is an entity that takes ALL other types of Citizens and offers them dual citizenship... AND is comprised of Washington DC, Guam, Pueto Rico, US VIrgin Islands, and the 12 miles of water and air that suround The United States of America. IF you are in Florida, Kansas, Oregon.... or any of the other "States" then you are not in the UNITED STATES. IF you were born in any one of the several states that make up The United States of America.... then you are what is called a "Natural Born Citizen of The United States of America"... and guess what the 16th Amendment does not apply to you... unless you are an elected member of the UNITED STATES government or you are an officer in a corporation.

This is all backed up by 2500 pages of case law, precedent, and legal wrangling but is an intriuging read. More importantly than the money that has been being stolen from every Natural Born Citizen is the fact that nearly no one is watching and nearly no one cares and no one questions.... Anyone that challenges the IRS ends up in jail for years before being essentially released on the condition that they pay thier taxes and dont breath a word of the details of thier release to anyone.

But this goes to show you how self serving and corrupt our government has become. It is a great beast with a horrible appetite for power and lust for control, and when it has near absolute power at home, it looks abroad for more subjects.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Its a truly sorry state we find ourselves in while we espouse this country as "not perfect.... but better than anyplace else". I am begining to wonder if that is still true.

I wonder... how many American Soldiers realize that thier oath was to defend this country and our Constitution against ALL ENEMIES foreign and DOMESTIC.... and how many of those soldiers realize that the very government is who that applies to most?

FlashBang!
Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Missing something

Postby Dutchdivco » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:40 pm

"Fanatacism consists of redoubling your effort, while forgetting your aim"
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby SeaMonkey » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:35 am

Well said Jim!

We likes the way you thinks!

Isn't it odd that the only Banks left in the world which make interest free loans are in the Islamic countries? No Credit and no Usury.

Hmmm....
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:47 am

As for the credit problems, people need to realize the mathematics behind it, and the FACT that the 'Credit Bureaus' are PRIVATE COMPANIES with NO OVERSIGHT OF ANY SORT.

The math is simple: Default once, and watch your interest rocket skyward to 39.9%. Hmm...If the balance is $1000 USD, then the Interest is $399 bucks! Gee, what can YOU do with $399?

My wife and I did the math (AFTER we were married...) and agreed to use the credit card offers for fire-starters. We make money, slowly, and stash it away. Then we place it all in CDs (Certificate of Deposit) and while they earn little to no interest compared to 'other' investments...we have a MAJOR advantage.

We do something we call "Self Finance" of the large ticket items. Like a while back my wife found a vehicle she wanted. It cost about $2500. Cool. No big deal. The accounts are empty. So we "Self Finance" at 2% interest no down payment, we pick the payment schedule and amount to pay, and when the payment occurs. We take cash to the owner of the car and drive away. When we are done paying off the loan, we not only have another 6 cylinders to pour petrol into, but we have 100% of out money back plus 4% interest earned in the middle, minus the 2% we were charged at the bank, and we now have MADE 2% interest on a loan of our own money with ourselves.

The upside: The bank reports that we have another (lost track by now) loan paid in full with no late payments (we picked the payments...and the amount...) and no late fees, no problem. We both have a credit rating of more than 850.

I started doing this when I was 18. My wife loves the program, and it works well. We are a "Cash and Carry" type consumer. No Cash, No carry. it's that simple.

More people need to learn this.

Also getting off grid really irks the system, not to mention your neighbors who are grumbling about fuel prices and costs of living and all that other good stuff.

Want to get ready, or think you are ready to live 'off grid'? Good, now turn off the main power breakers to your humble abode and shut off the gas, drain the fuel from your vehicles, and empty the refrigerator and the pantry. Start like this, and after 12 months, we'll see how 'off grid' you have become.

I know only 35 people here locally in that status. Do you? Are you in this group anywhere else?

See? It's more WORK than people want to take on. So since people are LAZY in general, the SYSTEM will keep pumping right along. So when the system crashes, so do the passengers. Everyone not on the grid/ system will be spectators to the event.

I for one would enjoy nothing more than to be a spectator to the event.

Things WILL get far worse than they have been.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:46 am

There is one problem that this world has and that is greed. Ok, ok, you already knew this but there is something else that goes along with greed that people are only just starting to realise.

Modesty.

People are just not modest anymore. They aren't content anymore. Why keep up with the Jones's when you can try to make them keep up with you?

This is the thinking that is driving people nowadays.

And financial experts are suddenly realising this and are finally starting to give good advice: Live within your means.

As you said AlaskaStar, self lending is a good idea. I think I have only ever paid intrest on my credit card once and that was coz I need money fast from an ATM. Other than that my card has nothing owing on it.

I also keep a nice savings account that has a good interest rate on it that I can actually get the money if I need it. This way I can earn money from the bank.

Yes, I'm screwing the system legaly! Most people don't realise that if they live modestly they can actually screw the system and the system stays happy!

Also people don't realise the folly in getting a big mortgage. You are enslaving yourselves to the banks. The property will end up cost about 3 times the amount you thought you brought it for.

Renting is a better option

Ok, it aint yours but it's cheaper. If both husband and wife work, you can effectivly live on one income while the others goes into the bank and will be earning interest. In a few years time you have enough for a house and the bank has actually paid some of it for you. You have turned the tables with the bank. And you are debt free.

These are somethings that the populace fo this world don't realise and this could mke their life much eaiser.

And BTW, yes I was home schooled.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Thumbs up on self-financing

Postby Dutchdivco » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:25 am

When I went down and explained what I wanted to do, at the credit union, the employee said they knew what I was talking about, but had NEVER actually done one, so had to go talk to their supervisor, to 'refresh' their memory. When they came back, they had a funny expression on their face. When I asked them why, they said "Cause your gonna get a better interest rate than I get, as an employee!"
For those who don't know; Say I have $5000.00 in a savings acct. I want to 'borrow' $2500.00. They give me $2500.00, and 'set-aside' $2500.00 of my savings, as collateral. So, I walk out with $2500.00 in hand. My savings balance is STILL $5000.00, but only $2500.00 is "available".As I make my monthly payments, the "available" amount increases by the amount of the payment, until the loan is payed off. And, as ALASKASTAR said, in my credit report it shows as a loan. In fact, I set mine up to automatically pay each payment, out of my savings (the $2500 thats still available, and always made sure I deposited that amount in each month) so there is never a late payment. When the loan is payed off, I still have $5000 in my savings, and have the truck, or whatever I used the loan for.And, as Alaskastar said gives you a phenominal credit rating.
I also self-insure.With my vehicles; I carry the required liability insurance, and, at higher amounts than the state required minimum; only costs $25.00 per quarter more to go to $150,000.00, and about $40.00 to go to 1 million.This covers anyone else, if the accident is my fault.
As I live (currently) in Arizona, the perfect climate for mothballing, and drive older vehicles; a 1965 Divco milktruck, and an 89 Camaro, I have bought an 'extra' milktruck, for parts. I store it at a local self storage lot. Inside it, I have stored 'extra' body parts for the Camaro, bought off craigslist for 1/2 the price of 'new' aftermarket parts; hood, front fenders, doors, front and rear bumpers.If its the other guys fault, i'll haggle with their ins. and get estimates, and settle. Then I'll pocket the $, and do the repairs, myself.If its my fault, same thing except I won't get a check from them, and my ins. will pay for their repairs.Cost $300-600/year for the storage, well less than i would pay for Comp/collision.Since both these vehicles are tanks, and have been modified for add'l. safety, its unlikely that me and my wife will be hurt. (There is some risk in everything).
Similarly, with medical care; If you feel the need, and have obligations like kids, get Catastrophic care medical insurance, only.Actually, even if you get a high $ policy, if you have a truely catastrophic medical situation, you will max that policy out, and end up on medicare/social security.Anyway, call around and find a DR. that gives a discount on office visit fees for non-insured pts. It should be around 1/2 ther 'usual' fee.This is a good way to screen for Dr.s, as any that don't give a steep discount are just in it for the $.After all, with the other pts. they have to wait 3-4 months for payment, after rendering their service; with me they get paid that day, and don't have to pay for the time for their office people to fill out forms, etc. On my first visit with the Dr. I make sure to tell the Dr. I am not on Insurance, and will be paying in CASH, and don't need a reciept. You'd be amazed at what great care I get! The Dr. doesn't order needless tests, just cause the Ins. will pay for them, they give me medications in the form of a bag full of free samples, and they can always 'fit me in' on short notice! I could get insurance, that would cost me $100.00/mo., or I can pay $72.00 per visit, when I need to go, which is much less than 1/mo. And, I can put the savings, in savings, and loan it to myself if I should need something major.Its not for everyone, but it works for me. I also make it clear to my Dr. that I am not interested in any medication that is not available in generic, as I don't want to be a guinea pig and pay high dollar for the 'priviledge', thank you very much! In addition, I've educated myself on how my body works, (a college basic EMT course is a good place to start).Anyway, going 'off-grid' is about much more than the electric grid, but the electric grid is a good model for all the other grids; food supply grid, public dumming down,..er, I mean education grid, medical care grid, Public safety grid, think 911 etc. It all comes down to this, I guess; The 'grid' is a result of "civilisation".It is relinquishing responsibility for providing the basic necesities for you and yours to "the community". And a great many start out just accepting that "thats the way it is" and deal with the frustration and stress of 'the system".Its only in hindsight (definition of hindsight; the 1st thing you see, when you jerk your head out of your a**, and you can quote me on that!). Anyway, its only when the 'grid' fails, that they realise their vulnerability. Maybe its a power outage, hopefully its not a 911 emergency where no one answers, or doesn't respond quick enough. So, they decide to develop a back-up for the grid, for the future. Maybe a generator, and some gas to run it. (Or a gun, ammo and training, an EMT class and an extensive medical kit, that includes casting plaster and sutures, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms and a home made sprinkler system. HINT, take a standard metal sprinkler head. Plug the opening closed with solder. Pressure test it.Now plumb at least 1 in each room, on the cieling and tie the system into your main line. Heat causes the solder to melt, viola fires put out. Won't save your life, but it will minimise structure damage and prevent fire from spreading).Some stop there, but others realise with a little more work, and ingenuity, they can have their system be the main system, and 'the grid' be the back-up. (Such as with the above public safety 911 system above)And there is nothing wrong with that. For instance, having a gun for protection doesn't negate you calling 911. A rare real win is when you can do things like selling excess energy to the grid, or places where home school parents have been granted access to school facilities, since they are paying taxes too.In most cases, however, there will be things like sewage fees you'll have to pay, even tho your turning all yours into methane and fertiliser, etc. Very few can go totally off all the grids.And thats o.k.! As home schooling and home births have shown, if only 10% do, the system gets very insecure, and at least attempts to change. Usually, its a 'false' change, like so-called 'birthing rooms' in hospitals, and 'charter schools'. They buy off a few, with these cosmetics, cause ya can always fool some of the people some of the time.So what. A secondary aspect of going off grid is it may eventually shake the foundations. In the mean time, your experiancing less stress, and more joy, in living! In conclusion, I think we should start a new thread, on living Off the grid, and share different ideas for how to do this. Or, is that really what this whole site is all about, already?Jim
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:19 pm

I agree. Living within your means the the key to successful survival. That means education as well. You may have the funds or what-not to buy a state of the art off grid system.....

The ability to take care of the other stuff is also very important.

Drinking water? Do you know how to get drinking water in a drought in the desert? I do. Use rocks.

Rocks will provide more water than cactus or other means of water supply.
Look to the Pueblo Natives for this.

You are aware of which plants to eat when food becomes scarce or you are forced out of your home by 'rogue militants of the domestic kind' during martial law? I do.

Learn how to use the right plants for medicinal properties. Learn how to look at your stool and know what your body is doing, and what nutrients you are lacking. Health is important. Without it you are toast.

Learn to make your own tools and HOW to figure out what the tool needs to look like before you start.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Alaskastar

Postby Dutchdivco » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:19 pm

"Learn to make your own tools and HOW to figure out what the tool needs to look like before you start. " Wow! Must be nice! I usually figure out the design on paper first, rejecting numerous designs before I come up with the "right" one. Then, I make it once, and re-make it twice more, before I get it RIGHT. Do you walk on H20, too? Just kidding!How do I get your e-mail, on this forum? And, do you still have DVD's available on making Hydrogen with Gal. steel? Jim
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Next

Return to OU General Discussions