[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Pb/H2SO4 bat'ries.

Pb/H2SO4 bat'ries.

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

Desulfation progress gell cells/battery

Postby SeaMonkey » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:20 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:44 am

One day, when I have accomplished pulses of three or more figures, which deliver (perhaps) tens of Amps, in a very narrow pulse, I would be very interested in testing the difference in terms of the time it takes to desulphate a lead/acid battery.

In order to at least approach triple figures per second I think I am goint to have to temporarily abandon using those MOSFETS I harp on-and-on-and-on about. Without proper drivers I am taking too many chances, and besides, I feel more comfortable using brute current strength for driving semiconductors, and I still have some functioning sturdy-looking transistors which should be able to be hacked together and deliver at least a 'hum.'

... And then there are those (presently) rather mysterious thyristors, SCRs and TRIACs. Lots of experimenting to go, and the stacks of old circuit boards I have collected still contain interesting components just waiting for a new life (Even if that life is likely to be rather short if I know my handiwork). :lol:

My most successful desulphator is pulsing at about 6 PPs through a transistor driven by a relay. I just plug it in, and leave it for a week basically.

Of course during the interim period I continually observe the SG, electrolyte levels, voltage, bubbling, colour of plates & electrolyte, the degree of obvious 'wear' on the plates etc... .

* I fix my friends' batteries, but so far I have had no success trying to get commercial businesses to try what I can now do.

* I have handed some samples to people as proof the system works, but they seem to have just used the batteries and forgotten about them as they worked fine.

- Anyway, it's early days still, and as time goes on I can become more proficient and confident for the time when I really am taken-notice of.

* An acquaintance 'introduced' me to a local group of fishermen. They use boats which often use the 130 A/H batts in a 24 Volt set-up. These people depend on their batteries for their livelihoods, and possibly their lives in some situations at sea. The concensus from this group was that they were very wary of batteries which have been rejuvenated, and believe only new batteries can answer their requirements.

* What I'd like to do with this group is firstly to get their batteries properly charged so they'll last longer than the usual two-or-so years they usually do, then arrange systems to help maintain their state of charge while sitting idle at the quay (solar panels for one), and also during this time I'd be progressively rejuvenating the batteries they've got in storage which aren't up to par. - And to clealy label those batts which are not able to be rejuvenated for whatever reason.

The longer I do this the more sorry I feel for those who are wasting their money on batteries which will soon end up ruined due to the same mistakes regarding maintenance.

Raring to go! .............. 8)
mael
Regular Poster

What a great opportunity!

Postby SeaMonkey » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:35 pm

What a great plan Mael!

Once the fishermen are shown that your desulfation method of restoring batteries is not at all like the older methods which actually harmed the batteries, then they'll realize that what you're doing is really effective.

Once they see how you can extend the lives of their batteries many years, and keep their reserve batteries from deteriorating, the word will quickly spread!

In time you could have a very good business venture.

My experience is that only those battery shops who sell used/rejuvenated batteries are the ones who show any interest. Ask them to provide you several batteries to desulfate to prove how well the procedure works. After you've brought them back to life they can do a test discharge on each one with their battery analyzer to verify their recovered capacity. Then, they will probably make you an offer to do business with them.

In any case, battery shops and auto repair shops are excellent places to get candidates for rejuvenation, for very little cost or even free.

Maybe you'll want to offer your rejuvenated batteries to customers with a reasonable guarantee to replace their tired batteries. Then when you are able to rejuvenate those too, offer them for sale.

Yes, it takes some time for the word to get around and for the right people to find you. Your plan for the fishermen may just be that golden opportunity.

Wishing you the best! Keep us all informed!
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Forgot a link...

Postby SeaMonkey » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:04 pm

that has some links to various desulfator diagrams.

Though most are powered by the battery being treated, with a slight modification they can be made to be powered from another source, such as a wall transformer power supply.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:13 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:30 pm

mael
Regular Poster

The Test

Postby SeaMonkey » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:04 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:52 pm

What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

The saga continues!

Postby SeaMonkey » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:58 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:32 pm

all work and no play.....
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:34 am

What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:55 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:55 pm

redriderno22
Regular Poster

The Cart-rod

Postby SeaMonkey » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:50 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:15 pm