[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Build a Big Motor

Build a Big Motor

Pulse Motors are sometimes referred to as "Brushless DC Pulse Motors". They are identified by their electromagnetic components such as coils and reed switches or hall effect switches. Most use permanent magnets and are brushless.

Build a Big Motor

Postby Beshires1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 pm

Been tinkering around with motors and generators and thought I'd post up some. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8786318215

I'm in the process of building a Very large motor on this web site:
http://sites.google.com/site/diydcmotors/ Got any Ideas or suggestions I may incorporate them into this motor.
"I've done so much, For so long, With so little, I'm now capable of doing practically anything with nothing."
http://sites.google.com/site/diydcmotors/
Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:15 pm

"I've done so much, For so long, With so little, I'm now capable of doing practically anything with nothing."
Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:28 am

I posted site updates August 20, 2008 have attached the commutator to the Armature Shaft.
Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:05 am

Updates have been added Thursday, September 25, 2008. Go to "Coils and Formers" page.
Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:19 pm

Updates have been added on Saturday October 4, 2008. I've added a Magnets page, with useful information and photos of my revised Neo-Magnet field setup.
Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:59 am

WOW! You are QUITE THE SHOP-SMITH!!

Very impressed at your handiwork, and dedication to detail. Good job of picking a rugged balanced shaft. I rebuild transmissions as well, and can tell you that you picked a good one.

The methods you use to build this motor are very similar to the methods used in the service manuals I have that date back to 1901. The only thing that really worries me about your design is the coils flying off at high speeds. I would suggest a bolt/ screw in 'cap' that has a lip that extends over the coils to prevent this from happening. Would not want to see a person who is good with their hands and mind to be injured by an incredibly small oversight. maybe even a sleeve that fits over the entire assembly very snug?

Otherwise impressive work. Keep going!

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:15 pm

Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:25 am

Have you looked into using a single magnet and a double shoe pole (similar to that of a magneto) to set the poles up, and then build the center?

I found a square Neodymium Magnet that has 1084 POUNDS of FORCE, and it's quite small, 3 inches by 3 inches, and weighs about 6 pounds. more than 1000 pounds of pulling force could build a very high torque motor!!!

Also noting the use of a TH350 input shaft, Could you, or have you considered putting the motor INSIDE a transmission casing and making an electric drive unit? The planetary gears only need to be welded together for direct drive, and the ring/ pinion would provide at least 4.11:1 reduction ratios for mechanical leverage....

I am very tempted to build an exacting copy, and put it inside a transmission, just to see how well it performs.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Beshires1 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 am

Beshires1
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:28 am

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Return to Pulse Motors