[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Hydroxy Gas Generator Experiement Reporting Standards Guide

Hydroxy Gas Generator Experiement Reporting Standards Guide

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Hydroxy Gas Generator Experiement Reporting Standards Guide

Postby FlashBang » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:23 am

This is something that I have aluded to and now I see other members expressing interest in or rather frustration with.

Hard to follow results reporting. I think that this is a result of a great many of us being "home grown experimenters" rather than LAB Technicians. BUT I think there is a way to get everyone making good observations, and reporting results that are clear so that claims can be validated and we can all troubleshoot disappointing results.

I suggest that if anyone has a template or a spreadsheet that we start there, then put it up to a committee (forum members willing to collect responses and consolidate the changes until its final) to modify and finalize. Then that should become the standard means of reporting what kind of system you are using, what the specifics of your experiment are, and HOW to measure your results as well as the conditions under which those results were achieved. I don't think that this will be PERFECT... but I think that it will minimize the back and forth posts to drag the information out and in some cases make the problems obvious from the first post.

The KEY is repeatability and INDEPENDENT VERIFICATION/REPLICATION and that can only happen if the ENTIRE experiment is clearly documented and properly observed and subsequently recorded and reported in way that others can come behind you and do what you did and get the same results that you got.

CHRIS, LOOKING IN, this is something that I was planning to do on my site (not up yet,domain registered - Hydroxy only a small piece), but that means I have no members and no one to work on it. I certainly do not want to detract from this active community... BUT I think WE ALL could benefit from this kind of effort. If nothing else, it will reduce some of the frustrating generalizations that make it impossible to tell what is actually happening.

What do you think? Anyone willing to contribute to defining some experimentation proceedures and reporting standards for our (OUPower.com) community?????
Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:16 pm

i couldnt agree more.

Distilled water(unless building a tap water 'lyser). gloved hands during construction. KOH and NaOH only, pure, reagent grade or near. mix up entire batch of electrolyte in bulk container then fill electrolyser.

reports should state series, brute force(BF), or semi-series design(multiple BF wired in series)

electrolyte temperature at startup. ampheres at startup. peak temperature and peak ampheres.

on test vehicle: full specs. n/a or turbo/supercharged. engine litre size. weight. occupants. driving style.

gasoline consumption reported in miles (or kilometers for our metric folks) BY THE TANKFULL ONLY, an average of past ten tankfuls.

during testing: state highway or city style driving.

report average of ten tankfuls using electrolyser.

on each day using an electrolyser:
record ambient air temperature, humidity levels, time of day. cold start/hot start

lets start the standardization!

i love the videos where they go "i'll fill up, drive ten miles, then fill up again, and however much get added, calculate that....oh em gee, i got 782 miles from a gallon of gas my electrolyser werks!"
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Carefull

Postby okumaguru » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:30 pm

If I may throw something in from someone who I don't think is nearly as smart as some others, I do understand the need for standardization. I am concerned that some will be intimidated by the formality of standardization. The biggest concern is not everyone is going to want to use exactly what someone else will. A lot of things on mine don't fit into a lot of what was said earlier.
I would think a new forum(section) would be in line for something such as this. A place which is specially set up for it. One thing worth mentioning, I'm not a "rubber glove" type of person. Then the forms would work but not "stifle" a persons creativity.
As far as the work is concerned, I would be willing to help with anything I can. I work on the weekends so I could help threw the week. I do nothing but work on the weekends.
Just a thought.
Thanks
Tim[/quote]
okumaguru
Regular Poster

Re: Carefull

Postby FlashBang » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:59 am

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby okumaguru » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:18 am

okumaguru
Regular Poster

Postby Dynamite » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:53 am

Dynamite
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:46 am

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:00 am

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:16 am

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:23 am

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby okumaguru » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:25 am

okumaguru
Regular Poster

Postby Dynamite » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:34 pm

well i went ahead and made a spreadsheet for my own use, then decided to share it with the world.

link to download and a tutorial is here:
I will be posting video my progess and experiments on my you tube channel.
Dynamite
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:51 am

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby Dynamite » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Dynamite
Regular Poster

Postby Dynamite » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Dynamite
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis