[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - New installation with mixed results

New installation with mixed results

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

New installation with mixed results

Postby a3holerman » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:58 am

a3holerman
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:25 am

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby a3holerman » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:43 pm

a3holerman
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:23 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:43 am

a3holerman,
Something is not right.. The Smack booster is suppose to run close to 135 degrees. You are running lower Amps and still the same temp.
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:22 am

I find it more consistant to measure MPT ( miles per tank ).Just adding the silver box engine treatment for instance gives me a consistant 50 MPT regardless of the day to to day MPG.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby a3holerman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 am

Thanks all for the replies.
I made the runs on the previously posted mpg results by running at a low traffic time with curise control set to the exact same speed going 11miles (3 exits) turning aroung, resetting the mpg reading and returning. This should help eliminate wind, terrain height, ect. Each test was 22miles.

I did increase the electrolyte concentration to give me about 11A cold.
Remover the cell and put it on the bench. After it warmed up to a 19-20A draw it was producing about 1LPM.

Just did a trip of 60 miles almost exclusively highway.
What I found was that after all was said and done it does not seem to make any difference of the unit is on or off. I am able to monitor the current via a shunt resistor in the car and it did get up to 20A. No performance change that I can tell and no milage change. I did try and see the different O2 voltage swings with the generator on then off with the EFIE turned off to see if the gas was effecting the O2 sensors. In reality that is a two person job and my glancing at the Fluke was not very scientific.

Question:

Should not 1LPM of Hydroxy make a noticeable difference in a somewhat small 2.2L 4 Cyl. engine?

I have, as mentioned earlier, installed an EFIE and set it at .2v and it seems to have no impact on the operation.

Frustrated..no....disapointed.somewhat...what I am is more puzzled as to what I am overlooking or is it possible some cars/electronic F/I computers can cause this to occur?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tom
Cape Cod
a3holerman
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 am

You know it seem strange, little or no effect. Trry a few tank fulls. I would look at the car and see what could be overriding your EFIE. Plus your have some improvement.. on you first post you were getting 34 to 36... And from the EFIE off 40.4.. So something is happening.

I Will be going to Chicago today. Leaving Kansas City at noon.. So I will be checking up on post from Chicago. I'll be back On Tues.
Rich (Looking In)
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby a3holerman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:59 pm

I did average 36-38 straight highway but may have got the 40ish I saw during my test anyway as it is quite a flat run.

My question to all the far more experienced experimenters here that I is:

Are there cars that just don not respond to the hydroxy installation even with an EFIE? I am confused. Was hoping for more than 20% increase but seeing nothing is confusing.

Tom
Cape Cod
a3holerman
Regular Poster

Postby a3holerman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:02 pm

I might add I have just received my PWM and am wondering if its worth even installing till I get this unresponsive car figured out.

Tom
a3holerman
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:51 pm

i would step up production as much as possible, get that thing drawing as few amps and popping out as much gas as possible, this is less of a load on the alternator, hence better fuel economy to boot.

my thing is that the gains may have been squished.

you got the same MPG from the booster on, or off, but are you forgetting the 20ampheres you're pulling from the alternator?

some people say the highest mileage gains they ever got were from installing a small chip to turn the alternator on and off.....

i'd say a solar panel, a second battery, a marine dual battery charger, and chip to turn alternator off would provide very impressive gains.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:00 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:34 am

Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox