[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - hot terminals

hot terminals

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

hot terminals

Postby hydroxrox » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:23 pm

so my terminals on the top of my cell get pretty hot below on the left is my current design and on the right is an idea to help with the heat on the terminals let me know what you think.

oh by the way this is at 12v and 15 amps and after about 30 min of continuous running

Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:25 pm

oh and this is tap water with NO elelyte
Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Low Voltage configuration

Postby SeaMonkey » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:35 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:50 pm

sea monkey, dude seriously you F*** rock!:D you are always there when some newb needs help, it is appreciated!

i actually have a pulser ordered from pwmpower.com and i have had issues finding a good dc to dc converter

but on another note i am making 1.5 liters a minute now and all i did was mess with the plate spacing, man that helped a ton.

Edited out profane language. Looking In
Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:52 pm

oh and not that it may matter but i am planning on doubling the #'s of plates to 32 and running it at a solid 12v and 30 amps
Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:38 am

hydroxrox,
It looks to me you are running 16 plates now. How big are the plates?
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:48 am

OK... this brings up a critical point... For a given low voltage cell, what is the optimum number of plates or square inches of reactive surface area? For example... If I have a 4 inch pipe... and I can fit 20 plates 12x2.5.... in a LVC...Is it better to put all 20 in one electrolyzer tank oe split into two with 10 plates each?

There has been a lot of experimentation and these types of cells.... We should be able to make some OPTIMAL perfromance specs, so that the next round of experiments can start there with the benefit of that accumulated knowledge.

Just my thoughts.

FlashBang!
Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Number of plates in a cell

Postby SeaMonkey » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:04 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:19 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:44 am

Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:27 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:54 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:53 am

mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis