[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - electronics help

electronics help

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

electronics help

Postby okumaguru » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:45 am

I am not really good at the electronics end of things. I would like to switch the polarity of my cell electronically. My design does not require which is the anode or cathode so I want to switch them back and forth about every few minutes, 5 or 10 minutes or so.
Any suggestions or schematics out there.
Thanks
Tim
okumaguru
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:50 pm

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

polarity reversal

Postby okumaguru » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:26 pm

From my experience not only does it cause even wear but it also "cleans" the electrodes. My cell is built with wire and is using tap water so I need to try to alleviate as many problems as possible. By cleaning the electrodes it should help to produce more.
This is of course an opinion based on my perception of not very scientific personal testing.
Thanks
Tim
okumaguru
Regular Poster

Postby huck » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 am

you're correct... it cleans the wire... my 1st electrolyzer was a double-helix of wire and tap water with baking soda... and I would reverse polarity on the terminals as well to clean them and make the other side dirty...

Huck does think you'll end up wasting energy and efficiency this way though...with no proof whatsoever ... just seems wasteful that switching current...then again with 2 transistors, 2 caps and a couple of leds and wires I was doing exactly that today...with my Ghetto Electronics Learning Lab from Radio Shack ;)
huck
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:24 am

okumaguru I mentioned this switching poles via a timer & relays in
another thread. A friend of mine has offered to do my wiring. Also
varying frequencies applied will be switching by a timer. Naturaly
I'll condition all the electrodes before the switching is used.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby okumaguru » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:21 am

I knew I had seen this mentioned in another thread, I just can't remember which thread it was.
Any suggestions what I could search for to find a schematic to accomplish this?
Thanks
Tim
okumaguru
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:11 am

glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby okumaguru » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:20 am

okumaguru
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:05 am

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:52 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:02 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby okumaguru » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:45 pm

okumaguru
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 am

okumaguru,
Have you found what your looking for? I'm interested on what you will use. Also the results on your cell..
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby okumaguru » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:42 pm

okumaguru
Regular Poster

Learning Electronics

Postby SeaMonkey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:26 pm

Okuma Guru,

Here's a that offers several very interesting circuits with technical details.

Going through these circuits, and their explanations, might be helpful in gaining some knowledge.

You may even decide to build some of them as projects.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis