[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Splitting Gas

Splitting Gas

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Splitting Gas

Postby Hybrid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:06 pm

I've been thinking of mixing atmospheric air & hydrogen instead of HHO
What do people think of this cell design I drew up ?
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby dingodog » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:44 pm

what do you do with the O2 ?
dingodog
Regular Poster

Re: Splitting Gas

Postby chemelec » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:48 pm

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Re: Splitting Gas

Postby FlashBang » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:53 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:35 am

--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:46 am

I am considering experimenting in this way too. I have been trying to find
the ideal way to apply huge electrostatic charge between two separate metal tubes to
draw the Hydrogen to one and the Oxygen to the other.
The added advantage of this is - the strengthening of the charge on the H
molecules [ if it does occur ].
I expect that its more efficient to split the Water with close plates and low voltages. Only downside to this is the problem of applying vacuum to
the cell and still separating the hydrogen.
Glenn.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:48 am

Hi Glenn. I have drawn up a different cell arangement that would produce
a larger H vol compared to the amount of O. Even the Stan cell uses 2
sizes of tubes. Of course the bigger neg dia will make more H bubbles.
To me a 50/50 blend of H + O is mild, especialy without atmos to match.
I know this forum has proven that a series cell uses less power to run it.
But at the expence of more power to run a parrallel cell, I'd like the ratio
of H to be higher than the O, plus allow atmos air to be drawn through too.
Glenn what do you think of 20 neg plates (bridged with s/s rods outside)
meaning with no holes, & 10 pos plates bridged, both in the same cell ?
So far it would be higher in H than O. Peak the roof better for extraction.
An oxy valve could regulate the atmos air being sucked into the 2nd
bubbler for idle & lowish vac. A 2nd atmos tube that allows more in when
an adjustable hobbs pres/elec switch opens a smallish size solenoid for
high vac/revs. To me this would be more explosive & sequential in flow.
Glenn throw in your 20c for pros vs cons. Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:41 pm

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:52 pm

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Postby jpshydro » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:46 pm

Thanks John
jpshydro
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:02 pm

jpshydro my reason for seperating H from O is to dump the O & replace
it with atmos air by pumping atmos into the 2nd bubbler via a fish tank
pump (see pic above). HH + Nitrogen/Oxygen/C02 etc in proportion.
FlashBang yes 1 large Y cell with a divider wall with holes at the bottom
to allow the electrolyte to transfer would do the job. Plumb each out.
HH to the bubbler & pump atmos in there as I said above to jpshydro.
My earlier post I said 50/50, I was meaning 50% + & 50% - plates.
I've seen some cells with a rod + & a larger screen -
Are you saying if I have twice the amount of - plates compared to +
plates, it won't run efficiently ? Do they have to be the same amount of
plates each side of the Y cell if running parrallel with brute force ?
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby dingodog » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:53 pm

random thought: can you run that excess O2 into an ozone-maker, and then back into the Intake ?
dingodog
Regular Poster

Postby hydroxrox » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Hydrox Rox Sox
hydroxrox
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:10 am

FlashBang
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis