[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Glenn's Quickfit electrolyzer

Glenn's Quickfit electrolyzer

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Glenn's Quickfit electrolyzer

Postby glenn_aircooled » Fri May 30, 2008 3:09 am

I have been without an electrolyzer in my car for a year now.
I had grand plans to build a better / pulsing unit but never seemed to get to it.
So I modified my 19 Cell Electrolyzer [ Series Cell ] to a 7 cell unit to
keep my car running with Hydroxy.
I re-ran on the bench with my old Electrolyte to condition the plates.
It only ran at 2.5 A witha Car Battery connected to Battery Charger.
[ This was at 13.2 V ] didnt look too promising.
-
I did an efficiency test just to see where it was at.
13.2 V 2.6 A , 300ml 94 secs
34.32 W 11.49 L/hr
2.98 W / L / hr.
-
So this looked like a very poor 0.2 L / min unit.
Efficiency not bad.
-
I changed the electrolyte to a cleaner batch. Seemed about the same
output.
I installed in the car....
more later.
Glenn.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Fri May 30, 2008 7:05 am

The dirty - Old elctrolyte made lots of Froth when running.
When I changed it over to the cleaner batch [ Emptied and rinsed with distilled water ]
it did not froth any more.
-
Its connected into my car. I have an old car with Carburetor and a old style
Alternator with external regulator.
I connected the positive feed to the Hydroxy Booster to the B+
on the Alternator.
This wire appears to have Battery Voltage on it at all times.
However when I revved the motor - it measured 14.2 Volts and at idle
about 13 Volts.
I may have a faulty regulator or the Cell may be interfering with the regulator function.
Any way , when it was at 14.2 Volts - measured Amps to cell at 9.3 A.
So calculating ...... 14.2 v 9.3 A = 132.06 W
132.06 / 2.98 = 44.31 L / hr
or 0.73 L per min.
So thats a better output.!
Even though it is a small Hydroxy output , I can still feel the difference
in its running.
It runs smoother , has more power and has that not engine braking feeling to
a small extent.
-
Will get some pics of the install , its not great but may give some ideas to
others with tight engine bays.
-
Will lean off the main jet in the carburetor once I am happy with the
reliability of the instal. - the problem with changing main jets is that you
can not undo it by the flick of a switch [ like on EFI set ups ] it takes about
20 mins to do.
Glenn
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:22 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Thats a good idea measuring on the car, I've never done it.
Here's some pics of the instal......
- The Drink Bottle Bubbler has a firm push fit cap on top at the outlet to
allow backfire Blow Off. ......
- The output tube goes through the top of the air cleaner and ends down
below the bottom of the cleaner.
-
Glenn.
Last edited by glenn_aircooled on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Nice

Postby kumaran » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:15 am

Hi Glenn,

Nice setup you have there. Get some mileage reading with this unit installed.
Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:21 am

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:30 am

Thanks Kumaran, appreciate the encouragement.
More Pics:
This is the top view of the Unit. It is a 19 cell unit , with only 7 cells connected.
Dont know whether you can make out the shorting plate - going from the closest
terminal , extending away.
Glenn.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:34 am

Side view, the Bubbler looks precarious [ Doesnt look solid ]
but it has not had problems for the first 90 miles.
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:39 am

Here's Relay and the Alternator connection you can see with the Blue
lug on Red Cable that passes through the Fuse.
[ A circuit Breaker is a much better idea....]
glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby glenn_aircooled » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:03 am

glenn_aircooled
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:35 am

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby a3holerman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:43 am

a3holerman
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:18 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby mkc1962 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:42 pm

mkc1962
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:45 pm

Regards,
Kumaran
kumaran
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis