[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Chris's Workshop!

Chris's Workshop!

Looking to build your own machine shop equipment from scrap metal? Maybe interested in the "Gingery" designs and beyond... You've come to the right place.

Chris's Workshop!

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:05 am

Last edited by Chris on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Mark Seymour » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Please consider donating to help support this website! Chris deserves our help!
** $35000 / (691 registered users) = $50.65 each would get him to his Shop Goal.**
Donate via Paypal, just Click Here:
Mark Seymour
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:18 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:32 am

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Bob Boyce » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:36 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:04 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed May 16, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi guys. I wanted to let you know that I have not died. In fact quite the opposite. I have been working like mad on a number of things out in my workshop since the cold weather broke.

I have been silent here because of my work out there! I posted some more pics and have a TON of others to post. I need to find time to add the text in there.

Anyway, no I'm not dead! -Just need some time to update my projects on the site. BTW... 300 in donations is almost 1/100th of my cost of my shop covered already! woohoo :lol:

Thank you to all who have donated toward that massive project. I hope to pay dividends back to all of you in the form of projects and ideas. I'm also working on some ideas for marketing several items that I can make out there to help support my work in OUPower Research. -Let's see how it goes this year.

If you know any rich philanthropists who are looking for a good cause to donate toward, please send them my way! :D Now more than ever I can taste that which I desire so badly ...to do this sort of work full time and support my family while doing it.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Bob Boyce » Wed May 16, 2007 6:23 pm

I was looking at the pictures in your shop project folder. Looks like you are having lots of fun! I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of your progress.

I know it's hard work, but I enjoyed almost every bit of it when building my shop. There are still things that need to be done in the loft of mine, but the bottom floor is 90% done. Just have to finish the washroom and finish sorting tools and supplies. I will be upoading more pictures as well soon.

Have you decided what sort of machines you will have?

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Bart West-VL. » Thu May 17, 2007 2:29 am

just beginning to learn...
Bart West-VL.
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Mon May 21, 2007 10:57 am

I'm looking to do a foundry area below, about an 8 x 8 area in the back corner. It will have at least a full 6" of casting sand on the floor and be walled in with the extra steel siding that I have lying around.

I'll probably build a wood frame then put the steel siding on to protect it from any splatter that could occur during casting. Probably make the walls 3' high with a little entry door on a hinge. I will then have a metal grating (I already have that) area down the center to stand on so I'm not getting sand all over my shoes! :)

I'm looking to initially have a nice metal lathe and mill in the bottom area. So if anyone has knowledge of a good deal on either of those pieces of machinery, please please let me know! :wink:
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon May 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Updated my project some more, so now I just need to post more pictures for everyone. -The saga continues!

So maybe I should have an OUPower move-in weekend. Would anyone in driving distance to Mount Joy, PA 17552 be interested in coming to help me move stuff from my basement up to my workshop?

We could do it on a Saturday or something? :) I would imagine if I had a few guys 2 or 3 helping me, it would go quite well? -If interested, please e-mail me.

There are only a few things that would be "heavy lifting" the rest would just be helping to move my multitude of items from the basement.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Building Your Own Shop Equipment