[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Aluminum as hidrogen storage source

Aluminum as hidrogen storage source

Do you have a project you're working on that doesn't fit into any of the forums above? Please post about it here.

Aluminum as hidrogen storage source

Postby Branko » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:36 am

On my web I has (about other things) principle for release hydrogen from water with aluminum.

1 kg of aluminum is more than 10 kWh of energy.
It will be clean energy storage, and no CO2 source.
High frequency plasma discharge can be use.
Branko

Postby Branko » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:58 am

For production of 1 kg aluminum need is about 15 kWh electricity.
It is electrolytic, and can be clean.
I don't talk of source of energy, only of hydrogen storage for car.
10 kg of aluminum, and water tank, can replace gasoline, or hydrogen storage tank.
Price is less than gasoline, for 1 kg aluminum.

On my pages, I put Tesla's thoughts for production of aluminum, and my thoughts for generating DC with unipolar (homopolar) generator, and use for recycle.

It can be cheap, clean and simple.
'Nikola Tesla and My Thoughts':
Branko

Postby Branko » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:40 am

Process for production of aluminum must be change.
Hall-Heroult process is bad (but all CO2 can be stored, and CO2 car emission will be zero).
Use of carbon electrode is stupid, and same new electrolytic process will make oxygen, not CO2, with some not-consumed electrode.

I talk, about future technology...

Aluminum can be car storage source, I think.

It is found that gallium in aluminum, can be catalyst in liquid aluminum form.
Like NaOH, but safe.
Maybe it is bater approach, than plasma discharge...
Branko

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:10 am

Umm...Bob?

My process is NOT Electrolysis, and is used in SIMILAR Fashion to the Aluminum/Gallium. Maybe Chris would allow for an area for CHEMICAL REACTIONS for production of Fuel? Could include BIO-DIESEL (yes is processed chemically) Ethanol/ Methanol, Hydrogen, Artificial Natural Gas Substitutes (Naudin-Bingo-Fuel?)

there are other threads that are in the Electrolysis thread that are also Chemically Related, and It does have merit (NOT JUST MINE), and would most likely prevent the new folks from getting so confused.

Just a Suggestion. You might pass it to Chris (Site Admin) and delete this message if deemed appropriate?

Thanks -for being the person you are, in every good way.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Branko » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:21 am

I try to see big picture...

My interest in aluminum process is for more than one reason.
On my web pages, I suggest process for extract hydrogen with plasma.

What can be if deuterium is here, and we have that plasma style hydrogen generation?

Is overunity possible (if nuclear energy is overunity)? Because possible fusion of hydrogen.

I think, understanding this process is important...
Branko

Postby AlaskaStar » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:48 pm

Bob,
You are Absolutely CORRECT.

Saving at the pump NOW, is a problem. the "ME ME ME" Attitude has got to go for most people.

If I found a way to shuffle papers through various financial institutions, (this has bearing here as well) and turn $1000.00 USD into $4M in the matter of 1 week, I would have problems with this. Why?

Well simple, if the materials are being added to my pile, they have to come FROM some place to get to ME. This means that while I get rich, someone is Starving, Can't pay a bill, or get medical attention, and such. This unknown variable of harming an unknown person(s) is what stops me from carrying out the process of shuffling paper through a number of financial institutions.

The same goes for the Aluminum Process. Getting things in the NOW, means that the LATER will be an utter disaster. the aluminum would be only a band-aide, and will not stop the mortal wound to the jugular.

I know that without PROPER Safety, even the most simple chemistry can turn to disaster. GET EDUCATED PEOPLE. it's one thing to experiment slowly and learn, it's another to go out and seriously blunder yourself into the nearest coffin.

Safety is key here, with electrolysis, AC Power, NaOH, KOH, H2SO4, PRESSURE VESSELS, even the proper use of an acetylene torch. I see people on a job site with the Acetylene bottle just laying SIDEWAYS in the bed of their truck and they are 4 feet away cutting on some metal, and I try to tell them, and they for some reason think that I am wrong in telling them of the dangers of doing what they are doing. I LEAVE the job site at that point, and one time, this happened, I left, and the bottle exploded, killing 4 guys in the blink of an eye. Came back, only to discover my co-workers DEAD, and had to call the cops, and tell them that it's no emergency, but there's 4 guys whom died and there's not much to be done for them except for picking up the various appendages and calling next of kin.

The most basic safety things ARE neglected by many people ALL THE TIME. I see people in SHOPS using IMPACT wrenches and NO HEARING PROTECTION. and they run the grinders and open shoe grinders, sanders, band-saw and such even Lathes WITHOUT SAFETY GLASSES. they handle caustic stuff with BARE HANDS, and laugh when I use the proper gear. well, when I get to their age, I will be in much better shape, not needing glasses from flying debris, I won't need hearing aides, and I most certainly will have full use of my hands, and feeling in them as well.

If this is what people do regularly, what is to stop them from performing the experiments safely?

I agree that I use Waste stream products to make hydrogen fuel, and also use the waste products to make fertilizer that is GOOD for the environment, so there is NO impact from my process.

If a separate area were to be set up for CHEMICAL PROCESSES, I would suggest that when the link is CLICKED to jump into that forum, you have a thing that comes up and has a SAFETY WARNING, and you cannot enter that forum until you SCROLL DOWN......AND CLICK "AGREE."

That way it cannot be said that they were not warned about the need to get educated about safety.

I can easily fathom a Hick with a cigarette hanging out, filling his tank with gallium/ aluminum that was "borrowed" from his buddy whom works for XYZ Corp, and the container is sealed with the most sophisticated seal known to man--THE OILY RAG, as hydrogen is being produced, he lights up his Cigarette, and ends another limb of the family tree.

This I can easily see happening. I cannot be held responsible for their lack of education, ignorance, or flat out stupidity. and I would not want to see people getting hurt while experimenting either.

Sorry for rambling on and on, but this is a real issue and does need addressed by ALL the members here, and even the VIEWERS, not just the members.

Thanks.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Branko » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:35 am

Yes, energy can be dangerous (and aluminum is pure energy), and experimenter must now what he doing.

Electrolysis can be danger too.

Because of that, I prefer plasma extract, not Al/catalyst system. It can be more control system.

And I try to inform people, that this process can product nuclear reaction (nuclear fusion), and this is not for public experimenting.

And inform people that today production of aluminum is not perfect (CO2 emission), and can be improved.

Maybe, someone can improve that process.
All of that kind of technology, can help for seeking of new future system of energy source.

Imagine someone who work on electrolysis, and use aluminum electrodes, and NaOH in water.

I think, people must know what can happen...
Branko

Return to General Conventional Project Discussions