[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - ECM Programer

ECM Programer

Do you have a project you're working on that doesn't fit into any of the forums above? Please post about it here.

ECM Programer

Postby Looking In » Tue May 29, 2007 5:52 pm

Hey all,
I just finish the purchace of an ECM Programer. The truck I will be using is a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.3 Liter Vortec Motor. First thing, I need to do is data log the current ecm. My intension is to reduce the fuel and increase the timing. I wanted to keep this out of the Electrolysis & Hydrogen Applications thread. Only because I will be testing it with the Urine system first. I have revised the urine system again.. As it stands now the temp in 5.3 liter is so much higher (860F degrees) The new system will inject the urine. This will reduce the warmup time, Reduce the urine usage. Plus, I will be able to regulate the flow. Oh I sold the 90 chevy Pick up without the system. I will keep you all informed. If you like I will also post the data logs too.. Please give me some time. As I'm making a new Hydroxy Series cell for the truck also.

Here's some of the adjustments
Timing Table 1000-1800rpm (+/- 20%)
Timing Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)
Timing Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)
Fuel Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)
Fuel Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)
Idle (+ 500rpm / -300rpm)
Speed Limiters (Trucks Only)
Rev Limiters
RPM Shift Points
MPH Up and Downshifts
Shift Timing
Shift Pressure
Cooling Fan ON and OFF temperatures
Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes
Torque Management abuse mode time limit ON/OFF
% torque reduction vs. RPM ON/OFF
Upshift torque reduction (all gears) ON/OFF
Adjust for different injector size
Disable P0420 and P0430 codes
Adjust COT enable temperature
Misfire Low rev
Misfire Low cyl
Misfire idle cyl
Enable/disable MPH, set high to disable
Disable P-codes: 0400,0401,0402, 0405, 1404 and 1409
Disable P-codes: 0410, 0412 and 0418
Disable P-codes: 0137, 0138, 0140, 0141, 0157, 0158, 0160 and 0161
I wanted to keep this out of the Electrolysis & Hydrogen Applications thread. Only because I will be testing it with the Urine system first.
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby UR50SLO » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:30 pm

What is the Urine system?

I program EFI for a living... I can help in that area.
UR50SLO@aol.com
~Scott
UR50SLO

Postby Pinhead » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:44 pm

You have to remember that if you're going to do anything that enhances or speeds combustion, you'll want [b]less[/i] ignition timing, not more. This is especially if you're injecting hydrogen, as it burns much faster than gasoline.
Pinhead
Regular Poster

Return to General Conventional Project Discussions