[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - wicking carb

wicking carb

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

wicking carb

Postby topothemtn » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:47 pm

Does anyone out there have plans / drawings for Alaskastar's wicking carb. Would really like to take a look at them. Thanks Dick Olson mtnman10@msn.com
topothemtn

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:49 pm

check out Thrivals folder.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:42 pm

thrival
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:44 pm

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby zipster » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:01 am

I just buit the vapor carb ammo box like alaskastar. I used an army ammo can, pig mats, 3/4 heater hose, and my snow blower. The snow blower is a 5 hp techumsa, I drained the gas, and ran it till it died. removed the cover on the carb, put the heater hose in the carb opening. drilled two holes in the ammo can on opposite ends, put in the pig mats standing on end. added 12 oz of gasoline. To my suprise the engine ran very nice. The head temp was 245 deg, and the exhaust was 380 deg. After runnig for 22 to 25 minutes, I removed the spark plug and it lookes cleaner than before. Just to varify it was running on vapors, I opened the ammo can, the engine died out. I closed the can and pulled the starter cord one time and the engine came back to life. I started and shut off the engine several times to test the restarting ability. I am dumbfounded that this worked out so well. Next I am going to build a system for my lawn mower. Then a car.
zipster
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:47 am

I ran this on a 1 ton Ford truck, and the ambient outdoor temp on the day I ran it the first time was -10 F. It was very impressive. I was amazed at the amount of power that my truck had running on just "fumes" this is based on a technology called "chromotography" except that the top of the "wick" is exposed to airstream, and that the length of material was measured for the right height for the liquid fuel. BEWARE OF LEAN-OUT FLASHBACKS!!! THESE ARE VERY DANGEROUS!!!

My friend is going to use a Holly Float Bowl assembly and mount on the side without the metering block to act as the "float" system. this makes fuel inlet stuff a walk in the park.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby zipster » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:24 am

Hey alaskastar have you been reading what I get from Ebay? I thought of the same thing with the Holley carb float bowls. I got two 600 CFM carbs for $35.00 plus shipping. I was only interested in the bowls, the rest of the carb is useless. I found a 1992 Ford ranger for $500.00. Ithink thios would make a good test vehicle. I will post my results.
zipster
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:58 pm

That 1992 Ranger, has a couple engine options. a 4 cylinder Diesel, a 4 cylinder DFI/SPI Gas engine, and a v-6 MPFI gas engine.

I hope that it has the 4 Cylinder DFI/SPI engine. this engine has 2 spark plugs per cylinder. you only need 1 plug per cylinder to make it work on Hydrogen, or gas vapor. the other plug can be removed and replace with a water injector to keep the combustion chamber cool for whatever purposes you have to keep it cool.

I never worry about cooling an engine, because of location on earth, a properly functioning cooling system will prevent the engine from freezing solid while driving on the highway. I have seen engine that were warmed up for 40 minutes prior to driving, so they were running for 40 minutes beforehand. then upon driving, the radiator froze solid, the engine severely overheated, and opening the hood revealed GLOWING HEADS and GLOWING EXHAUST MANIFOLDS. this engine was toast, and seized upon cooling off.

truck got sold 2 weeks later. point of the matter is cooling the combustion chamber like some claim is necessary is really a misnomer as a properly functioning cooling system will prevent freeze-up as well as overheating.

but also look at the second plug hole as something useful....like say a glass "fire-sight" where you can see the color of combustion....a digital combustion pressure readout....a pyrometer mounting in each cylinder....the list goes on for a long while. point is that the 4 cylinder engine has 8 plugs, 4 of which are not necessary for operation on vapor or hydrogen. this lead way to allow the use of individual cylinder data collection. I am not saying that it won't be expen$ive, but I do say that it would be worthwhile.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby zipster » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:43 pm

The ranger has the 4 cylinder with the two plugs per cylinder. I like the idea for the pyrometer, neverthless, it will be interesting.
zipster
Regular Poster

Postby ClayWade » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:01 pm

ClayWade
Regular Poster

Postby ClayWade » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:44 am

ClayWade
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:00 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:59 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Gasoline Blends

Postby SeaMonkey » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:05 pm

SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby FlashBang » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:41 am

Just becuase you are Paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you!
FlashBang
Regular Poster

Next

Return to OU General Discussions