[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - wicking carb

wicking carb

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Try this link:

http://www.oupower.com/index.php?dir=_O ... AlaskaStar

now scroll way down....keep scrolling....past the administrators junk....keep scrolling...then you'll see the pictures....

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby van » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Bill

Kiwi ingenuity, number 8 wire and can-do attitude
van
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Aviation fuel does do better in this system. It's only $15 per gallon here.

I get it for free. Go to the airport and talk to the fuel disposal people.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Dutchdivco » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:12 pm

"Fanatacism consists of redoubling your effort, while forgetting your aim"
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:32 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

OMNI-Valves

Postby Dutchdivco » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:17 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Answer to ?, and new ?

Postby Dutchdivco » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:46 pm

Don't care about Sarah Palin, my ? is, will high lift rocker arms resolve the problem of reduced airflow around the Omni-valves?BTW I see their site now has pictures of the valves, which it didn't have last time I looked at it.
2nd ?; I see on another thread about using H20 as fuel, you talked about a simple and inexpensive device that increases the amount of vacuum from the engine. Up to 30, if I recall. Can't find the thread now! :cry: Since the one of the problems with bubblers and wicking for vaporising gasoline is the residue which is partly the longer chain molecules, and, since the amount of heat needed is inversely proportional to the amount of vacuum, it seems to me that one of these devices would increase the vacuum, thereby lowering the amount of heat needed to vaporise the longer chain molecules, this would be something worth investigating. So, what was that device called, that would increase the vacuum?
Appreciate your responces. The other posts about watercars are fascinating! Most of its way over my head, I'm afraid, but i will continue to wade thru the threads.Perhaps with enough re-reading, it will soak in. Learning thru Osmosis! :) Jim
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Hey,

I found that to prevent the long chain residue, to use a 1Mhz Ultra-sonic Fogger, the piezo-electric type.

This will vibrate the fuel into 1 micron molecules in fog form.

It even works on diesel fuel, allowing a person to run diesel fuel through a gasoline engine.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Thanks

Postby Dutchdivco » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:18 am

I've copieid pasted you post, and will look into it. Hate to harp, but you still haven't answered my questions.Would hi-lift rocker arms address the problem of reduced intake flow from using Omni-valves. Even with the pictures and descriptions on the site, i can't visualise it enough to know whether they would solve the problem, or simply be unworkable together. Also, what was that inexpensive unit you were talking about, that can increase the vacuum? Jim
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:40 am

Larger lift generally doesn't make an engine breathe easier. No matter how much a person opens that valve, the valve is still IN THE WAY. Then you are faced with potentially smashing valves into pistons rendering them permanently OPEN (albeit bent....) and running the problem of clearance issues.

Some low lift heads with smaller cylinders and smaller valves and the PORT SHAPE have more flow than a high lift rocker ratio or camshaft.

This is a trick we use up here in the NASCAR 1/3 mile track in Palmer. They have a lift limitation with stipulations on STOCK camshafts and STOCK heads with STOCK intakes. Anything goes for the exhaust, but you are limited to maximum of 4 barrel carburetor NO FUEL INJECTION, and must have a distributor.

So with lift limitations, the small valve 350 heads, (cheap) and the 305 block (cheap) and a dual plane manifold and the carburetor set up for max airflow, the gaskets trimmed, the ports have the castings painted/ filled (not allowed to grind/ port-polish...) for smooth airflow, the back of the valve is polished, and the spark plug is selected on heat range and how close they can get to the top of the piston with reach.

This, all coupled with an ALMOST free-flow exhaust (required to have a resonator/ silencer- look up Michelle Church and 'Friends of Mat-Su' for noise over this....) with aerodynamics to create drag on the back of the car and the position of the tailpipe to 'suck' the exhaust out...

This all makes for a very high torque low lift valve system on an engine that wins championships.

In which context did I mention a device for improving vacuum. After a bazillion posts...I might need a refresher to remind me on which device/ technology it may be.

I have seen too much.......

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Dutchdivco » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:47 am

I already have my engines selected, and a general game plan.I don't see how hi-lift rocker arms would cause a problem on intake valves, since the intake valves should be closed when the piston is at the top of the cylinder.But, if that is a problem with the Omni-valves, i have "flat top pistons" and can increase the relief area, and or go with a thicker head gasket. granted, the valve is in the way in either case, but I don't see how it is that much MORE in the way, with the Omni-valves than with standard ones.Maybe I'm missing something.
My engines are ford inline 6's, a 223 and a 262BTW.
The post was in regards to hydrogen production, but I can't remember what the thread was now :evil: You said it was something with a small cylinder inside a larger cylinder, if I'm remembering right, and it cost around $15 or $25, it hooked onto a vacuum line, and increased the vacuum to 30.I'll try again to find the post.Jim
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Alaskastar

Postby Dutchdivco » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 pm

I have the same 'problem' with you that I have with this site; Too much info! (Not that I'm complaining!) I ask you a basic ?, and get the long answer. I start reading the old posts, (many from you) and I just get blown away!
The post may not have been from you, maybe I dreamed it. Can't find it now! The topic was hydrogen by electrolysis, and how making a vacuum in the cells greatly increased production, particularly at levels greater than a car runs. Someone, (if I didn't dream it) said there was a device, not a vacuum pump, as it didn't use electricity, that would increase the vacuum to 30.Cost maybe $25.00.Had a small piston which pulled a larger piston. Oh, well.
Was thinking it would increase the production of vapor, in a bubbler or wick type vapor carb.
After reading the old posts, maybe I'll go with hydrogen, instead. I already have a 3 1/2'x2 1/2' carbon fiber tank. From what I've read, the making of the gas is easy. Compressining it to high pressures would be the challenge.
I also have a NOS acetylene generator;About the size of a 30 gal. H20 heater, it has a hopper in the top you load with 25 lbs. of calcium carbide. The tank in the bottom holds 25 gal. of H2o. As the hopper drops the CC in the water, gas forms. When the pressure reaches a pre-set safe level, the hopper closes. Use gas, pressure drops, hopper opens;i.e.gas on demand. Wondering if I could use it to make hydrogen; Galv. iron or aluminum or whatever in the hopper, drops into solution, produces gas, etc.That way I could still use the Carbon fiber tank for storage, but wouldn't have to worry about high pressure for storage. Later, Jim
Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:45 pm

If you are going to use hydrogen:

"compressing it would be a challenge"

COOL THE HYDROGEN BETWEEN STAGES OF THE COMPRESSOR.

Simple enough for you?

Should I make all my answers less than 10 words and the vocabulary that of a 5th grade level?

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Alaskastar

Postby Dutchdivco » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:09 pm

Dutchdivco
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to OU General Discussions