[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Newbie Question About Relay

Newbie Question About Relay

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

Newbie Question About Relay

Postby glassjeg6 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:47 am

A newbie here and have been lurking and reading all over the web about the boosters.My father in law owns a steel fab shop and i have access to all the stainless i could need.My question is i keep reading about the current draw on the alternator.If you use say a 30 amp relay and use a switched 12 volt source to turn on the relay then wouldn't the relay bear most of the load of running the booster?Any info is greatly appreciated. :oops:
glassjeg6

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat May 31, 2008 5:29 pm

The answer is: YES.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby glassjeg6 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:18 pm

Alaskastar thanks for the reply.I am no electronic genius but have a decent understanding of it and thought i was correct.I have been reading a lot of your post on here and if i was closer i would love to sit down and pick your mind over a beer.I find all of this technology fascinating even though my wife says i am crazy.
glassjeg6

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat May 31, 2008 8:47 pm

Many have said that, but few have actually done it. MrGalleria has had the opportunity, and I filled a notebook full of sketches and drawings, of nifty stuff, I left it there for him.

The weather is getting better, the trees finally sprouted leaves. They will all fall off in 3 months. We have 24 hours of daylight now, and in 3 months it'll be only 10 hours of daylight.

Now is the best time to head North.

Can't say it would be cheap.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Return to OU General Discussions