[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - amp draw on alternator

amp draw on alternator

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

amp draw on alternator

Postby Sunfire02 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:28 pm

Sunfire02
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:56 pm

redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby Sunfire02 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:54 pm

Thanks redrider, there was a definite humming sound comming from the alt. at 12.5 amps. I changed the mix and brought it down to 10.5 amps. Ran a test on the my car, but there was no difference in mpg. Do you have any idea how much HHO has to be produced to make an impact on the mpg? I am about ready to say forget it. I have checked several forums and read so many atricles but none give any information on how much gas has to be produced to make any difference. Sf02
Sunfire02
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:12 am

redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby Sunfire02 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:08 pm

Hello Redrider

1. No I do not know how much it makes.
2. 2002 Sunfire3
3. Added the adaper that moved the 02 sensor out of the main stream
Q. The instructions said to install it on the rear side of the converter.
However do I have to put one on all 02 sensors or just the one.
The ad for the EFIE says you have to put an EFIE on each sensor.
At $60.00 a pop that could get expensive.
I think the Sunfire may have 2 02 sensors, one at the converter and
on the exhaust manifold. Not sure thought.
I took the car out for a 100 mile drive to check and it took 2.7 gallons. Not too good.]

Yesterday I took it out again and just drove around town. When I got back home I was checking the generator and the + post had melted the pvc. It had been reading about 28 to 30 amps. I was using a formula suggested by a fellow on YOUTUBE consisting of Distilled water, Alcohol, Peroxide, and soda. Not sure what went wrong.

Repaired the generator today and put it back on the car, added a mixturn of 1 tsp soda to 8 cups of water. After driving for a while the amps went up to about 28. Went a bought a new amp meter, and that read the same. Came home and took out 2 cups of water and added 2 cups of Distilled water, and tried it again. The amps dropped down to 16. I checked the + post several time while out and about and it never even got warm. The sides of the generator was moderately hot. Could put my hand on it but didn't leave in there a long time.

I still have not really noticed any increase of mpg. But I am still hoping. If I go on another extended drive I will take along some tools, water, and soda just incase.

That's about all for now.
Rags
Sunfire02
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:47 am

redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby Sunfire02 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Sunfire02
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:18 pm

redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby Pinhead » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:48 am

CLICK --->
Pinhead
Regular Poster

Postby Sunfire02 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:08 am

OK "improved"" Tuned" I will have to get use to your jargon. As far as electrolyte, I was lucky the last two day it has rained here and I was able to collect 10 gallons of rain water. I just added a reserve tank to my generator, and I added one tsp of soda to a gallon of the water. When I checked the amps it was drawing about 4 amps. When I checked the bubbles from the generator they seem to be coming pretty fast.

I was able to find ss at Lowes that a magnet would not stick to in the form of wall plates. I have all ss in the cell, with the exception of the copper wire running to the contacts, but the water still turns brown. If I use ss wire for the contacts will that eliminate the brown stuff that collects at the bottom of the generator?

What is your opinion about mounting a small 12 V heater in the air intake filter box to blow warm air across the air intake sensor?

Thanks gents for all you answers, I really do appreciate them.
Rags
Sunfire02
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:36 am

one thing i noticed is that you need to eliminate all exposed copper in your cell, replace it with stainless wire.

and are you sure the wall plates are stainless and not aluminum?

as far as the heater thing? ive never herd of doing this?

I have herd of ppl heating the fuel before it goes to the injectors.

all personal prefrences.

have you had a backfire yet?

and is your cell in thr trunk?
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby Sunfire02 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:09 pm

OK new day, new situation.
The extra tank didn't work as extra water or as a bubbler. Probably the way I had it configured. Any was took that out. Was able to disconnect the sensor, and gassed up. Two days ago I drove 53.4 miles just around town, no highway. It took 1.8 gal which gave me 29.6 mpg. Yesterday I did the same driving for 54.9 miles and it took 2.2 gal which gave me 24.9 mpg. That was before disconnecting the 02 sensor.

The other day I drove 103.6 miles and it took 2.7gal. for 38.3. Today after disconnecting the 02 sensor, I drove 106.5 miles and it took 2.7 gal for 39.4 mpg. When I started out after the disconnection, it took 61 miles before the Check Engine Light came . So I only drove about 41 miles with the enging light on. Also I purchased some ss wire and made new leads for the cell before taking the trip.

I stopped every so ofter to check the water in the generator. It seem like I was using a lot of water. Probably about 2 cups in the 106 miles. That seems like a lot to me. I noticed that the amps being pulled by the time I got home was real close to 15 amps. I dumped the water and cleaned out the generator and refilled with new water with 1/2 tsp soda. When I checked that it was pulling about 2 amps but that was with the water being cold. I did not take it out and drive it to get the water warmed up. I did notice the side of the generator was just warm when I got home, not hot, and the positive connection was not even warm. I added a petcock at the bottom of the generator, and a fill tube on the side to see how much water was in the generator.

I guess I will just drive it around town for a few days with the 02 sensor disconnected and see how it does. I noticed my Traction Light also came on, so that must be connected to the same line as the 02 sensor.

Any comments or observation are appreciated.
Rags
Sunfire02
Regular Poster

Postby Sunfire02 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Is there a way to edit after submitting reply?

Just wanted to correct info in the first paragraph. When I drove the 53.4 miles taking 1.8 gallons, this was with the unit on. When I drove the 54.9 miles and took 2.2 gal. that was with the unit off. I did not clarify that in the first posting.
Sunfire02
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:09 pm

sounds like your having some luck!

have you tried lye as your electrolyte?

do you notice any increase in power?

it sounds like your losing water from excess heat, steam.
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby Sunfire02 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:23 pm

Sounds like it may be working a bit. Will see what I get with the 02 sensor disconnected.

No I have not tried lye, sounds like it would give off some bad vapors. Does it give more HHO with less heat? What are the benefits over using soda?

(water loss) That is what I was thinking that I was pulling too many amps so I dumped the water and put in new with 1/2 tsp soda per gallon, that brought the amps way down. They are at about 5 amps now. Not sure how much HHO I am getting with this amps. I took it out for about a 20 mile trip and checked it when I got home and the water was still cold and the generator was still full, so that is a good sign I think.

(power) I haven't really noticed any increase if power, but that is OK as long as I don't lose any.

My cell is made up of 7 ss switch covers, I checked at Lowes today and they do say ss, at $1.49 ea. Is that two many covers, should I reduce the number? I think the fewer plates you use the more electrolyte is needed.

How long can I run with the 02 sensor disconnected and not cause damage to the engine? It has also turned the Traction drive off. Could I serve the same purpose by pulling the fuse on the upstream 02 sensor. Maybe that way the Traction drive would still be active, unless they are both on the same fuse?

Rags
Sunfire02
Regular Poster

Next

Return to OU General Discussions