[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - How xpensive are your projects ?

How xpensive are your projects ?

Have an Over Unity topic to discuss that just doesn't quite fit into one of the above forums? -Post your topic here! Maybe if it gets enough attention, we'll make a forum for it.

How xpensive are your projects ?

Postby Nerd_Weed » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:41 pm

This is serious problem for backyard science, the cost of the material is terrible. I have read about people paying 1000 dollars for 60 316l 6"x6" plates, this absurd.
I had call some companys to buy 316l 3x1,20m 1mm plate and was quoted R$ 580 for a plate. The shop i went charged my R$100 for 30 cuts(i think it can be lower), the plate allows 160 cuts, so a total of R$1080 with the 100 bucks for 30 cells(multiplied by 5) or less. Something like R$6-7 for each 6"x6" plate.
Here in brazil the Real(R$) worth less then US$ 0,50(US$ 1 = +-R$2,10) so each plate will go for +- US$ 3,50 (US$ 210 for a 60 cells).
Each plate will weight something like 150gr, so i dont know how cheap the shipping will be(9kg for 60 cells).

Sorry if i violated a rule of the board, but i this could make things cheaper for development. I still have to look for cheaper prices... once a had a tremendus quote anomaly when in one company i was quoted R$71 for a 316l 1" tube and in another company i was quoted R$43
lets learn... and when we do that, lets share...
Nerd_Weed
Regular Poster

Postby Nerd_Weed » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:27 am

By the way, Shipping for 9kilos will be +- R$240, US$ 115 via UPS... i consulted using a Seattle zipcode.
lets learn... and when we do that, lets share...
Nerd_Weed
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:14 pm

Nerd_weed:

You know yourself that project costs can be very expensive/prohibitive,
but that forces us to become even more creative, and that can be a
good thing, because free energy should be free, or at least very
cheap!

On the subject of electrolizers and/or Joe Cells, let me throw out a
suggestion. Bob, Chris et al have used ss plate for their lyzers and
the cost of metals are going nowhere but up. I've not tried it myself
but i know a person can buy graphite paint. Some of these paints are
made as a lubricant on things like heavy shovels & plows. You could
paint plastic panels or even sealed particle board and see how it works.
Will it sacrifice itself as CO2 with the hydroxy bubbles? Possibly. But it's
a cheap experiment to try. You could probably buy a gallon of paint for
less than $50. US. Over here you can buy a lb. of powdered graphite
for $12. US (retail) from a hardware store. I've thought about making my
own graphite paint by adding powdered graphite to a resin binder. It's
also not a half-bad, lead-free, cold solder material.

If you want to try painting concentric pieces of PVC you'd have a poor
man's Joe Cell. Will the electrostatic lines of force cause the PVC to
turn to putty over time? Possibly, but again no risk trying. Hint: I would
dip the pipes and then sand the paint off both ends so there's no
conduction from outer to inner surfaces.

Someone said that Joe Cells in plastic containers, or made from plastic(?)
tend to "pollute." I don't know what that means, or how it could be true,
have no experience. It's an 'orgone accumulator' and Reich claimed, can
have strange, unexpected effects. The static lines tend to get and
concentrate the properties of the material it passes through or reaches,
possible tool for terrorists, so be careful. There's a reason why the feds
threw Reich into prison (where he died) and burned 2 tons of his notes.

For experimental purposes, at least in the beginning, I would go with the
cheapest possible materials that will hold tolerances and handle the wear
and tear. After all, who wants to go broke and become a stockpile of
materials for designs you hope to improve upon someday! Besides,
using cheap materials makes your product disposable, (you mean,
like toilet paper?) and throw-away stuff that wears out is big business!
Means you'll sell more product, heck maybe even a bank would finance
you; such is the world (sic).
thrival
Regular Poster

Postby thrival » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:18 pm

Forgot to add: reduce your consumption of weed, have more money
for experiments. Contrary to popular lies, it's not a source of
enlightenment (but not serious enough in my opinion, to throw people
into prison, give them a lifetime criminal record, etc.) The stuff forms
a literal sludge in your brain. "Through a dirty window, the light of God
does not shine." Take it from someone who's been there.
thrival
Regular Poster

Return to OU General Discussions