[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - building a pmm in the garage?

building a pmm in the garage?

These devices are similar to Overbalanced Wheels in that they have no electronic parts, but they do employ permanent magnets. The one important factor here is that these devices can run in the absense of gravity. In other words, they could run in space!

building a pmm in the garage?

Postby Danberman » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:13 am

I am completly new to the idea of pmm's (by which i mean i stumbled across this section of the forum about 10 min ago) and i am amazed by the idea, is it practical to build one in a garage? Does anyone have any simple plans. If nessecery i also have acsess to a lathe, mill, etc. but i'm hoping for a easy to build machine i can make for under 30$. Thanks, Dan
Danberman
Regular Poster

Postby nakros » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:24 am

Hiya Danberman,

I think it's quite possible to build one in your garage -- I'm in the process of building one now (who knows if it'll work, but it's been fun building so far).

For some more information and ideas on the subject, check out:

This set contains plans and information about the Bowman motor (there seem to be more claims here than anywhere else of a working device.)

Post some pictures with your progress, if you decide to try a PMM. I will do the same as soon as I remember.
nakros
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:32 am

Yes you better post pics, now that you have the ability to freely do so :shock:
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

key elements

Postby Danberman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:57 pm

Danberman
Regular Poster

Re: key elements

Postby nakros » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:21 pm

nakros
Regular Poster

PMM thoughts

Postby B0rriska » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:39 pm

B0rriska
Regular Poster

Postby B0rriska » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:42 pm

B0rriska
Regular Poster

Postby nakros » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:38 am

nakros
Regular Poster

Magnets...

Postby OgreOwner » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:02 pm

A good source for magnets and a sheet of plastic that changes colors in response to the lines of flux is:

ForceField
www.wondermagnet.com

Link to page for magnet viewing film (good 12.25.2005):
http://www.wondermagnets.com/cgi-bin/ed ... logno=3138

showing as two lines in the editor - it is a long link.

Hopefully this will help some of you,

OgreOwner
OgreOwner
Regular Poster

Postby Jay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:23 am

I have personally ordered from kjmagnetics.com and wondermagnet.com and can say service and price is great on both. One ships UPS and the other USPS, so shipping and packing material is the only difference.

The order from kjmag had each group of magnets in a seperate bubble pack wrapped in paper (Very nice, no broken mags) and the wondermags were just all stuck together wrapped in newspaper (2 broken mags), but either way is acceptable.

Also have purchased off ebay before, and will NOT do that again.

Have a great day,

Jay
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Truth is sometimes different than Fact
Jay
Regular Poster

Postby Jay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:28 am

...Oh yeah, forgot to Introduce myself, I posted an intro in the Pub (Looked like appropriate place)...

I am not using the Garage anymore...hehehe...I have taken over the dining room!

Right now I am just experimenting with a few ideas while waiting on some equipment and then I plan to build a PMM and Hydrogen hybrid..a PMM dedicated to produce Hydrogen as a by-product.

C-ya!

Jay
Truth is sometimes different than Fact
Jay
Regular Poster

Re: key elements

Postby Amy Lewis » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:48 am

Amy Lewis

Return to PMM's (Permanent Magnet Motors)