[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Separate Na from Cl on salt

Separate Na from Cl on salt

This forum is for discussions regarding Hydrogen Production by all means OTHER than Electrolysis. It is also for discussing the end results of Hydrogen Applications such as Water Engines & Water Cars.

Separate Na from Cl on salt

Postby juanito » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:18 pm

juanito
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:26 pm

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

may be HCl gas

Postby juanito » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Ok, may be because the electrolysis may generate HCl, as Bob Boyce always warned us to not use salt as electrolyte.

But. That question came to my head when I read about the ozone layer. How CFC´s damage it, and that seems to be, as far as my elementary school knowledge let me understand, the Cl,Cl,Cl,F,C molecule, reacts with sun radiation and releases the Cl,Cl,Cl and damage the O3.

Well, I was thinking on something like that to not include Water on the separation process, and try to obtain Na and Cl separated, as the Na is the best way to liberate H from water and generate energy.

I tried to obtain a little sample of Na, looks like silver color, and put it on an empty case of those capsules of medication, and with a little bit of Pb, to make it go to the bottom of a glass tube, then, the capsule dissolved in the water and reacts with the little piece of Na, and guess what, hehehe

No Explosion

Luck? I don´think so, but, may be the water will boil and may explode next time on larger amounts of Na reacting on water to obtain H.

I will stop there, I had my blast when I was starting on electrolysis, and I was deaf then and now I am worse, so, I have no idea how abundant Na is on earth on a simple way, because for sure is enough on the ocean, just attached to Cl.

Thanks, on my way to do the homework and see why not to burn the resultant. But, one more question. Will not be cleaner if we burn the result? I mean, no Carbon present, may be better to burn and mix the resultant gas with something to catch the Chlorine and make it harmless, as far as I saw, Cl is a good fella and join almost everyone. Not like CO2 that just poisoned us, and we are killing trees, which help us handling CO2 and get back the O2.

Thanks

Juanito
juanito
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Well what I think is that you should catch any gasses that are evovled and burn them instantly. Then bubble this exaust through water a few times. You should then get HCl. Bottle it and then place it in a light proof container. Ever noticed why when you buy HCl it's always in a black palstc container?
Jehu
Regular Poster

may be...

Postby juanito » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:40 am

juanito
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:12 am

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:21 am

Jehu