[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Magnetic Hydrogen Electrolyzer

Magnetic Hydrogen Electrolyzer

This forum is for discussions regarding Hydrogen Production by all means OTHER than Electrolysis. It is also for discussing the end results of Hydrogen Applications such as Water Engines & Water Cars.

Postby FarrahDay » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:05 am

Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby sparkgap » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:14 am

The paper AS mentioned is as follows:

Title: ON THE SPLITTING OF WATER
Author(s): BOCKRIS, JO
Source: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY Volume: 10 Issue: 3 Pages: 179 Published: 1985

and can be found here:

http://www.waterfuelconverters.com/bockris.pdf

The section on magnetolysis starts on pg 185 and a paper that may shed more light on the subject is cited as:

BOCKRIS JO and Gutmann F, APPL PHYS COMMUN 1 : 121 1981

However, I have not been able to locate this one yet.
“I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as fraud.â€
sparkgap
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Sparky

I've got and read the Bockris paper on magnetolysis, but it is not the same as what Alaska was/is doing.

If you read the paper yourself you will see that Bockris et al, had an ss disc rotating in the electrolyte, both within a magnetic field. This ss disc provides a ready source of electrons - something that is lacking in Alaska's process.

This ss disc can explain where both the hydrogen and hydroxyl ions from ionised water pick up and drop charges in order to become atoms and hence gases. This makes sense. Here the science adds up without any problems - Alaska's process is far stranger, and I daresay more complex.

In Alaska's unit, there is no obvious place for such ion species to gain or lose charges and become atoms - hence the great mystery.

Jehu suggests that the water isn't ionising, but if so, we have a whole load of weird electrochemical activity to explain.

We can't simply say this or that happens and assume it to be right. For it to make any sense, reactions and balanced equations for those reactions need to be properly addressed and presented. No one has even proposed a balanced equation for the process and from posts so far I feel that explanations are generally conjecture.

Of course science theory aside, the result would indicate that something quite incredible is happening. I would just like to fit the actual science to the facts.

Alaska, have you still got this unit working still?

Did you follow it up with further experiments? Make any modifications... or a follow up unit?
Have you taken any accurate measurements?
Have you tried running a small ICE off it?

Where are you with this at present?

I really hope this project hasn't been relegated to a dusty (or icy) corner of your workbench.

From what I can gather, you appear to have your hands full with all sorts of things going on, but if this process is anywhere near as effecient as you stated I would have thought this to be a priority - that is, in terms of projects on the go.
Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby sparkgap » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi FarrahDay,

I understand what you are saying about the Bockris paper on magnetolysis. Theory is good and all, but I like seeing things first hand. I encourage you to build a prototype and play around as you may discover something new that leads you off in a new direction. Don't limit yourself by theory. As you admitted yourself, even simple electrolysis becomes quite complex when you try to apply results to theory.

My electricity knowledge is limited and I am learning as I go by building a test apparatus. I have just posted new pictures in my project folder. Here are my PRELIMINARY RESULTS with No firm conclusions as of yet.

Constructive criticism is welcome, especially from the electronics gurus regarding my setup.

The coil is wrapped around a ~15 ml glass laboratory grade test tube ~4 inches long. I wanted to SEE the reaction, so I chose glass first before going to PVC.

Starting 0.5 inches from the bottom the tube was wrapped with magnet wire (?AWG: bought from radio shack years ago, no label but thin) for the length of about 2 inches with three layers thick. Resistance was measured at 5.5 ohms when filled with supersaturated NaOH.

Current was applied off the mains 120V 60Hz through a light dimmer switch (Leviton: Local hardware store). Ground wire is connected to a steel pole that runs literally into the ground outside my work shed. Positive wire is connected to a 1 Ohm resistor (CP-10 MEX 0724, 10% tolerance DALE 10Watt: From Radio Shack) before going to coil setup. Negative wire runs to other end of coil.

Experiment 1

Test tube filled with distilled water to about 12ml. Current applied by turning on dimmer switch around about a quarter turn until the AC voltage reading on the meter jumps from 0 to about 24 volts. The dimmer is then slowly backed down to about 5 volts. I have no way of knowing what the current draw (or freq) is thru the coil as my meter does not have those options, but I can say that that I can feel a mild vibration both at the dimmer knob and when I stick the temp gauge inside the coil when current is on.

[Note: I bought another meter with an external clamp to measure AC current, but can not seem to figure out how to measure AC current with this new meter. Always get 0 current even when clamping live wires running lamps etc.]

In this setup at 5 volts AC, I begin to see bubbles appear in about 75 seconds at a temperature reading of 100 degrees cel. Bubbles continue to flow even when current is turned off until temp drops below 100 degrees C. Conclusion: I am boiling water with this coil under these conditions.

Experiment 2

Test tube is filled with supersaturated NaOH to about 12ml. Current applied by turning on dimmer switch around about a quarter turn until the AC voltage reading on the meter jumps from 0 to about 24 volts. The dimmer is then slowly backed down to about 5 volts.

In this setup at 5 volts AC, I begin to see bubbles appear in about 150 seconds at a temperature reading of ~100 degrees C. Bubbles continue to flow even when current is turned off until temp drops below 100 degrees C. Conclusion: I am boiling water/NaOH with this coil under these conditions.

Experiment 3

Same conditions as Experiment 2, except that a small piece of PVC pipe is cut off a 4 inch diameter thin walled piece of PVC sewer pipe (Lowes). Length of PVC stick is ~0.25 inch wide and 5 inches in length. When placed into coil filled with NaOH resistance drops from 5.5 to 3.1 ohms.

In this setup at 5 volts AC, I first saw bubbles appear in about 100 seconds at a temperature reading of ~76 degrees C. Bubbles stopped when current was turned off. If current was applied until temp reached 100 degrees C, bubbles increased dramatically even when current was cut off until temp dropped below 100 degrees C.

Preliminary Conclusions: In the presence of PVC in supersaturated NaOH solution there was some sort of induction coil induced reaction (hydrogen gas???) at about 76 degree C., which is below the melting point of PVC (80 degree C) and below the boiling point of water 100 degree C under these conditions.

HOWEVER, when I left the PVC in the NaOH solution in coil overnight (no current) and tried to replicate the experiment this morning before work, I only got bubbles at 100 degree C. I have no idea why… I plan to start with new materials tonight to see if I can replicate.

Other observations noted:

1) When a compass is placed next to the coil, the compass moves slightly toward the coil only immediately when the dimmer is turned on or off. For example, if I turn on the dimmer, but do not saturate the voltage (no AC voltage reading) the compass moves slightly toward the coil and moves back when turned off.

2) When coil was placed into rubber coated metal test tube holder (see pictures), the corner of the holder became magnetized after turning on the coil. All experiments described above were conduced in a new set-up with coil in plastic container.

3) When a 50 ohm resistor was used instead of the 1 ohm resistor, there was not enough current thru the coil to do much. The coil only got warm at 5 VAC, while the resistor became hot and began to burn the wooden board it was mounted on.
“I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as fraud.â€
sparkgap
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 pm

"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:27 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:15 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Jehu
Regular Poster

Kanzius Paper

Postby SeaMonkey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:35 pm

for the paper:

Observations of Polarised RF Radiation Catalysis of Dissociation of H2O-NaCl Solutions
by R. Roy, M.L Rao and J. Kanzius

Its a .pdf file with illustrations which explains very briefly what has been discovered.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby sparkgap » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:35 am

Jedu,

The metal thermometer was only used periodically to take temp measurements as you are quite correct I figured it might interfer with the induction if I left it in there continuously. It didn't seem to effect much other than becoming magnetized (even that didn't seem to affect its measurement capacity).

Nonetheless an IR therm would be much better i agree. Still trying to find a good one under $50.

I will try the ice bath though...thanks...

no experiments tonight as plumbing issues took priority over alchemy studies
sparkgap
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:49 am

OK.

With a heavy saturation of NaOH or KOH in water, inside a PVC tube with wire wrapped around it....NOTHING HAPPENS.

NOTHING HAPPENS.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.......until....the coiled wire is energized with electrical power, generating a magnetic field.

Where is the confusing source of electrical power now?

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:20 am

Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:33 pm

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production non Electrolytic