[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Magnetic Hydrogen Electrolyzer

Magnetic Hydrogen Electrolyzer

This forum is for discussions regarding Hydrogen Production by all means OTHER than Electrolysis. It is also for discussing the end results of Hydrogen Applications such as Water Engines & Water Cars.

Magnetic Hydrogen Electrolyzer

Postby sparkgap » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:26 pm

“I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as fraud.â€
sparkgap
Regular Poster

Postby sparkgap » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:33 pm

While reviewing the prior art, I found the following patent which teaches a similar process. Unfortuniately, it does not provide specifics about the magnetic field source, but at least it validates the principle behind AlaskaStar's process.

--------------------------
United States Patent 6,624,380
September 23, 2003

--------------------------

Device for recovering sodium hydride

Abstract

A device and method for producing sodium (Na) from a feed material such as a mixture of methane (CH4) and sodium hydroxide (NaOH) includes a plasma torch configured to heat the feed material to a temperature sufficient to reduce and ionize sodium (Na). As such, a plasma jet is created by the plasma torch that contains ionized sodium (Na) and non-ionized neutrals such as hydrogen (H) and carbon monoxide (CO). From the plasma torch, the plasma jet is introduced into a chamber where a magnetic field has been established. Once inside the chamber the heated mixture of ions and neutrals interacts with the magnetic field in the chamber to cause the sodium ions to travel substantially along the magnetic field lines while the neutrals travel on paths that are essentially unaffected by the magnetic field. A collector is positioned to receive and accumulate sodium (Na).

Excerpt 1:

Recently, there has been an abundant interest in the use of sodium hydride (NaH) as a portable energy source to produce hydrogen as a replacement for fossil fuels such as gasoline. For example, engines similar to the standard gasoline engines that are now used in automobiles can be manufactured that use hydrogen gas as a fuel. Unfortunately, the bulk amount of actual hydrogen gas that is needed for vehicle applications would require either an extremely large tank or a high-pressure vessel. Both of these requirements can be expensive and impractical for use on a vehicle. Thus, to avoid these requirements, devices have been proposed to produce hydrogen gas at relatively low pressures. Importantly, the gas can be produced as demanded by the hydrogen engine, by reacting sodium hydride with water.

Excerpt 2:

The present invention contemplates separation of Na from the other gases by ionization. For example, consider a mixture of NaOH and CH4 heated to a temperature of 3000-4000 K rather than to 1000 K. This heating can be accomplished using a plasma torch. At these higher temperatures, Na atoms will be fully ionized. The present invention further contemplates separating the ionized Na component from the non-ionized neutrals (i.e. CO and H2) by introducing the mixture in the form of a plasma jet into a strong magnetic field. In the magnetic field that is directed along the jet, sodium ions will move predominantly along the magnetic field lines and neutrals will diffuse from the plasma jet radially, where the neutrals can be pumped from the device.

Excerpt 3:

From the plasma torch, the plasma jet is introduced into a chamber where a magnetic field has been established. Preferably, the chamber is surrounded by a wall shaped as an elongated cylinder. The wall defines a longitudinal axis and is formed with a first end and a second end. The cylindrical wall is preferably open at both ends, allowing particles to enter the chamber at the first end and exit the chamber at the second end. To establish the magnetic field inside the chamber, standard coils can be mounted on the outside of the wall, and an electrical current can be selectively passed through the coils. Preferably, the magnetic field established inside the chamber is oriented substantially parallel to the longitudinal axis. Further, the magnetic field is preferably established having substantially uniform field strength along the longitudinal axis.
“I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as fraud.â€
sparkgap
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:15 pm

I like how this thread was started...but I wish you the best of luck keeping it on-topic.

This is old-school tech here. Simple stuff.

A basic understanding of magnetic field theory and how induction transformers and motors work in relation to copper windings will give you all the answers needed.

One person stated that the NaOH/ KOH (whichever they had used) was 'almost a gel'---well I must state that is far too much KOH/ NaOH. That's not a gel- it's MUD. Like sand in water.

I am curious about the use of the stator from a tri-phase AC motor being used on this? I have the tri-phase motor, and a tri-phase 30KW generator. I just need to couple the generator to the tractor to power it.

The basic theory of operation was performed not only by your mention of patents, but also by that doctor that did it with salt water- I need to note that his flame was RED/ORANGE. This is from the CHLORINE GAS coming off by use of salt water. The Chlorine gas, with hydrogen and oxygen when combusted will produce HYDROCHLORIC ACID. This in not exactly the color-less, odor-less vapor you want to have lingering in the air you are breathing like that doctor whom had no respirator or eye protection. I feel sorry for his lungs and eyes.

Also Texas A&M University had a paper published in 1981 or 1983? This paper titled: "On the Subject of Splitting Water" showed how to do it as well. This same paper showed about 40 other ways to do it not involving electrolysis.

So this 'theory of operation' as I will refer to it, is now about 25- 27 years old published publicly for all to see, and only now it's resurfacing.

I did not state that I was the sole originator of the idea or concept, I just had some junk laying around and assembled it to try it out.

Just because I cobbled some junk together to try doesn't mean I have to post pictures of JUNK. I have simplified what I did and posted a cleaner presentation to reduce confusion.

Again I am not the originator of this. I am glad to see that people have enough open-mind thoughts to consider alternate ways of producing hydrogen.

Thanks to all those who get their hands dirty and try something.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:20 pm

In reference to the tri-phase generator. I must wait until may/june to couple it to the tractor, and this is due from the fact that not only does it weigh 900 pounds, but is currently encased in a block of ice, nearly 1 foot thick, frozen to the ground, and when spring come, if I disturb it, will cause it to sink rapidly into the ground/mud. I have to wait until the ground has thawed and dried prior to moving it.

This summer we are going to buy some land, and I might be busy building a house.

So, some things are not easily done, but are easily said. This is to clarify for those whom want results in the impatient "NOW!!!!" mentality. I have to wait, and so do you.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Good job of putting everything into a nice simple to read post SparkGap. If I could +Rep you on this forum, I would.
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:50 am

Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:31 am

really though- this thread encompasses all of the relevant information. the other thread is fourteen pages long, and at least ten of those pages are useless mud slinging. between this thread and alaskastar's project folder, you've got prettymuch everything needed to make a full replication, am i right alaskastar?

however, to satisfy your question:
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks RG.

That link doesn't seem to go anywhere, just tells me that the topic doesn't exist. Anyways, I'm just a little surprised that there hasn't been a little more excitement over this development.

I know that this thread is only a few days old, but presumably the old thread was there for months.

So why is there so little talk on the subject, and why isn't everyone building one of these units?

It is correct then that with a mere 5 Watts, Alaska is decomposing a gallon of water in just 10 minutes. Quite incredible!

Mud slinging- surely not! :o
Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:41 pm

no problem bud- maybe the thread is closed and i can see it cause i'm a moderator. but trust me, after finally sitting down and reading every single post (just last night in fact), all relevant information was posted from that thread into this one.

the main conflict was that one individual claimed that a circuit AS used does not have the capacity to operate at 17.1 MHz....i dont care to get into the debacle, just stating what the so-called problem was. AS has since posted all necessary schematics and information to replicate this project, correct me if i am wrong AS.

i'm going to be building one of these units,eventually- im in a financial slump (my friends ford and GM are too! lol), and instead of asking a million newbie questions(about the IC and magnetic field), i'm reading up on the subject until proficient.

not only that but this board is in a slump, very little activity lately. not to worry, this is one of the best alternative energy forums on the net from what ive heard. it just gets quiet from time to time. it'll pick back up.

not only that, but apparently creating an electromagnet that induces current within a medium is bordering on particle physics....which is walking down a live shooting range as far as the MIB go.
where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby FarrahDay » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:27 pm

Farrah Day.
FarrahDay
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:34 pm