[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Chemical Reduction Hydrogen Production

Chemical Reduction Hydrogen Production

This forum is for discussions regarding Hydrogen Production by all means OTHER than Electrolysis. It is also for discussing the end results of Hydrogen Applications such as Water Engines & Water Cars.

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:39 am

Just make sure that you don't copy the worthless posting from some of the 'blessed' people.

Copy/ Paste into clipboard, text editor or just about any word processor program will work.

Heck, you can even open multiple browser windows and copy it into an e-mail and send it to yourself.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:32 pm

I´m just throwing out a question here, sort of thinking out loud!

If we want - and i presume that this is what we want - to have an onboard system that has it´s origin from this technique, how whould that appear?
Since we are dealing whit chemicals and instant reactions i presume that it need to be in a "stop & go" mode.... :?

"Physicaly moving the reaction cell away from the electrolyte" ... any idéa besides this one?

/Patrik
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:04 pm

How I did it at least 3 times was like this:

I purchased 35 heavy fire extinguishers. These have a 'nominal pressure rating' of 950 PSI and a burst pressure of 2900 PSI @ 70 degrees F.

These have tops that unscrew that are at least 3 inches across. The inside I had glass lined (expensive....) and this is to prevent acid from eating the container.

Then the material was placed inside the bottle (they are no longer extinguishers and they are painted BLACK). Then, the acid was put into small plastic bags. This allows the careful loading of all the materials. Then the tops were screwed on, and the bottles were 'armed' and ready to go. To activate a single bottle, all one had to do was pick it up, and 'thump' it down onto a block of wood from 12 inches distance. Just enough pressure and impact to rupture all the plastic bags and cause the chemical to saturate the catalyst. Now the bottle builds pressure (hydrogen) on it's own. Now use the hydrogen to power whatever.

When not yet needed, it sits 'armed' and ready to be triggered.

It self generates pressure, as well as sits dormant with no hydrogen or pressure until ready to be used.

That is only ONE of my suggestions of how to do it. It's one of the cheapest way to do such, as the other methods are far more complex and costly.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:52 pm

-Alaskastar-
Yes, that is one way. But what if i asked you this:

"You have a company (wish you do) and you where to introduce an onboard system to the market (legaly), how whould you approach whit this metod in use?

Now, bear in minde that money and equipment is no problem here (development). Heck, let´s say that you have $100.000,- to do this. The equipment doesent need to be brand new, all you need to do is to develop a "prof of concept" - if you did this, you whould get access to 2-3 millions instead.
This is the situation i am fased whit. Now, imagen that it is possible to develop such a system and that it works. This will give you access to even more money.
This will not go by unnoticed.

For starters - Every car in the world can use this system (thats some 8.000.000 cars). Diesel engines have a higher energy output (48-52%) than PEM Cells and hybrides AND gasoline. No need to produce and stor liquid hydrogen (fare cheaper and energy saving)) and you dont need $1 million to purhcase a hydrogen car, nor 100-200K to purchase an electric car (not that they are a poor solution, not at all).
Bear in minde that there are people how converts there own car, but thats someting like 0.0001% of all car owners.

Whit this in minde i´ll end my post whit these words:

I am on a personel hunt, a hunt for the "Photoncell" - wich i have mentioned some time now - and i believe this is the way to go. But untill this is possible we need to illuminate other methodes, and this might be "that". I have a solid theory for this so i know that it´s not that fare away and no, i am not going to tell how as of now. However, i am going to do so in the future.

/Patrik
- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:25 pm

I do have a company known as:

Aurora Energy Technologies LLC.

based in Wasilla, Alaska.

And I can tell you that $100K would be more than sufficient to crank out almost EVERY piece of technology I am developing.

Yes making hydrogen with PHOTONS is EASY. Look to PLASTIC and SURFACE AREA to accomplish this.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:13 pm

Alaskastar

lets make it simple. (This is a proposal)
Step 1.
- Send me an email whit a short description of your technologies and what you need to make it happen. I will take a look at it and discuss whit my partners. If the outcome of this letter is @ a level wich means that the next step might be instigated. This information is privat.
(you might even develop your idéa for the photoncell here - hwo knows, this might be a turn of development?)

Step 2:
A full description of the inclosed technologie (via snail mail) and partnership between Aurora Energy Technologies LLC & FuelCell Technics Sweden AB (fusion). This whould allow you to get access to all of our research matterial, development results, finanse, mutual rights of production and so forth.

... i hope you get the picture here - this is a large oppertunety i think.

/Patrik
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:44 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:31 pm

Alaskastar

I will put a letter together later today (27/10).
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:08 pm

I'll be waiting...

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm

This thread was rather fascinating until a couple of days ago.

As for lack of input. I personally have been following this and the 55-page thread since the beginning, but lately I have been pre-occupied with earning a living, rather than lurking forums and more importantly, experimenting with hydrogen technology.

This financial thing has really slugged me hard, probably the majority of Aussie home-payer-offer-ers. Houses here cost $400k-$700,000 and interest rates for self employed people are topping 11%, this is the price of earning a days wages by working 3-12 hour days and having a lifestyle as well.

Currently there is no money to buy stainless steel, chemicals, PWM circuits, etc. but yet I seem to muster up $150 a week to buy petrol at $1.50 a litre.

Our government in their infinitely wise stupidity even gives us a $2000 rebate on a $2500 LPG vehicle conversion. Heck, they even give us $8 per watt rebate on solar panel installs in the home.

Why then, can't they invest that kind of money into developing hydrogen generation plants such as Alaska*'s technology and end this stupid fking merry-go-round.

I would love to see a 2 metre x 2 metre generator shed attached to every house, that contained a hydrogen generator that fuelled an electricity generator for the home. It would probably only cost $5,000 per house.

Alaskastar, I'd love to see this developed and commercially produced. I just hope that it gets done the right way so that it becomes available to everyone, not just the technically minded like yourself and a select few who are here who have a research and development budget within their personal finances.
biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:35 pm

Hey biggeorge. I know what you are going through with the fuel prices. 2 years ago I was going to tafe full time, 5 days a week. I had no time to earn any extra money so youth allowence was my only option. Tafe everyday was a round trip of about 75km. Guess where all mymoney went. So when I got my car on LPG with that rebate, it was most very welcome. I suggest that if your car can get it fitted, do it. It's worth it.

As for the reason why the governments don't invest in tech like the things we're experimenting with and be sumed up in a few words. Greed, Tax and exicse. The govs make way too much money off fuel atm. The more the greedy oil companies charge, the more the govs get in taxes. And then you have exicse, which is a fancy word for taxing a tax. Yes compound taxes.

Also, AlaskaStar, how do you seperate the Iron and the Zinc after adding the final precipitant? Magnetically?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:33 pm

Filter it. Fill the container with water and run the slurry through a filter.

Sediment Filtration Works Best.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:41 pm

Actually I probably should have worded that differently.

How do you seperate the Iron from the Zinc?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:52 pm

Separation of Iron from Zinc:

Electromagnet.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 am

No DVD delivered here yet.
Cheers !