[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Chemical Reduction Hydrogen Production

Chemical Reduction Hydrogen Production

This forum is for discussions regarding Hydrogen Production by all means OTHER than Electrolysis. It is also for discussing the end results of Hydrogen Applications such as Water Engines & Water Cars.

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:37 am

Hybrid:

Send me your Mailing Address again.

I'll re-send another DVD.

Our postal system is HORRIBLE.

When I order parts, I put in a request to:

"Package this like you are sending it to the middle of the Germany in the middle of World War Two with any hope of it arriving in good shape. The postal workers here are NASTY. There is a reason they are not allowed out in public. This is only one of the many reasons why."

So... this should answer as to why it may not have arrived yet. It's probably supporting a bent table leg at the Anchorage Post Office.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:42 am

Email sent AlaskaStar. Fingers crossed for this one.
I hope my recent ebay score in GB arrives too.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:11 pm

- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:29 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:28 am

Well, Looking at the shear AMOUNTS of hydrogen produced...It's relatively easy to state that there is a such thing as 'making too much hydrogen too quickly...'
and therefore we need to look not at making more fuel, but at making the technology that consumes the fuel more efficient.

If you look at it proper, if we have 95% efficient technology, this forum would not exist and we would not be having this discussion, because fossil fuels would be plentiful for another billion years.

Since the technology is ever so efficient at an average 3%, we are running out of fuel in a major hurry and results in the need for people like us to research this and find a solution, because the major groups and corporation refuse to do such and allow it into the hands of the people whom need it.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:34 am

Hybrid:

Please re-send your postal address. I sent them together, and one guy from South Africa recently received his 2 days ago. So your should be there very soon, but if not, I will send another.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Hybrid » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:25 am

AlaskaStar I resent my postal addy to you on the 28th Oct.
Cheers !
--Anthony
Hybrid
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:32 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby passion1 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:21 am

Alaskastar

Excellent video, thanks!
AMAZING and Well done!!!!

Passion
passion1
Regular Poster

Postby resident_genius » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:47 am

where is the line between tinkerer and scientist, scientist and madman, madman and genius?

http://resident-genius.com
'Nuff said.

Latest Endeavor:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonG2892?feature=mhw5
resident_genius
Regular Poster

Postby Hydrogenworld » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:13 pm

- You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete -
Hydrogenworld
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:12 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:01 am

Yup, it works. After filtering the solution of all the precipitates, I placed two peices of scrap PC metal (Gal Iron I think it was) back in the cell and attached a battery charger to the plates. Any residue was cleaned off the annode and what looked like Iron was depositing on the cathode. Also there was off gassing too with the annode producing the most gas. After about 10-20mins I disconnected the charger and listened. Yup, I could hear that fizzing of hydrogen being produced.

So I hearby confirm that AlaskaStar's method works. Even tough I didn't collect any gas and light it. :?
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:07 pm

Glad to see you getting your hands dirty.

Too bad that you did it the hard way.

I would have procured a dead automotive battery, drained it and used the electrolyte for the test. it would have been diluted to a safer mixture that way.

TO EVERYONE:
Safety isn't something a person learns instantly. It comes with time. Assuming that you have safety goggles, chemical gloves and a chemical suit on doesn't prevent you from the dangers of vapors. There are vapors that you can't smell, taste or see. For example: Sulfuric Acid Vapors will go around the rims of the goggles and eat your eyes. Don't ever place your face directly above a 5 gallon bucket of acid.

be over-prepared for an event. This is something that should be taken seriously. If I had 5 gallons suddenly rupture and have 5 gallons of H2SO4 running about, what would I need to do? I would need to prevent it from going anywhere. HOW? See these are the things you need to prepare for. Spilling is half the problem. Cleaning it up is the other.

Using a metal shovel to shovel up the dirt filled with H2SO4 isn't wise. And then, putting it into a metal container won't last either. Plastic garbage bags? Yeah right.

Please take caution when dealing with things new or foreign to your realm of knowledge. I cannot say it enough, that the research is not worth dying for.

AlaskaStar
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:09 pm

Jehu
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production non Electrolytic