[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Low energy Input, mass hydrogen output methods in use.

Low energy Input, mass hydrogen output methods in use.

This forum is for discussions regarding Hydrogen Production by all means OTHER than Electrolysis. It is also for discussing the end results of Hydrogen Applications such as Water Engines & Water Cars.

Low energy Input, mass hydrogen output methods in use.

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:36 am

Has anybody ever considered destabilizing water and at the same introducing electricity to break the bonds between hydrogen and oxygen?
at my Factory, i produce vast quantities of fuel for sale to the government. the technology is old, and i merged 3 types of technology to perform this. in a "suitcase" system, i use less than 3 watts of total consumed power for emergency fueling, and generate enough fuel to drive the vehicle 75 miles.

there are aproximately 250 operational and driving Hydrogen vehicles in the area, all within an eight hour drive from each other.

Note: to the Webmaster Christopher Moore, i say this. you are on the right track. are you are extremely close to what i have accomplished 4 years ago. i invited 3 of the local college professors to my residence, they brought cameras, video recording equimpent, and watched a "energyless" demonstration of hydrogen fuel production using a "cold Catalyst" process and then following that, was a medium sized sports car, running on hydrogen, at full engine speed which was attainable at speeds greater than ever acheived on gasoline, the tachometer i used and a digital backup along with a snap-on MT2000 scantool in live data display all three verified a 4 stroke engine running at full power with a steady 10K RPMS, yes that is 10,000 that is again ten-thousand rotations per minute. i then shut off the engine. and showed them how to do the entire thing. the best thing was that professor #1 was an automotive technology and repair instructor, and professor #2 was an alternate fuel professor. Oh! and by the way, when the engine acheived a steady 10K RPM's the throttle plate was completely closed and the Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve was closed and UNPLUGGED from the computer. professor #3 was in complete denial, and questioned me very harshly as to why I would be doing Graduate Study work, for kicks and entertainment. 4 months later i got incorporated and licensed following that, i got investors and now i have a factory. anyway i have viewed the process in which Mr. Christopher T. Moore has published, and he is on the brink of stuff that i started playing with 10 years ago. and by the way, i am 23 years old. i cannot tell you how my process on "cold Catalyst" is built or works, but i can tell you that the temperature of the water that i drop it into lowers as the hydrogen comes boiling over the top. i can tell you that the "catalyst" is SOLID, it is a common material, and using it leaves a "by-product" that is very heavy, has a specific gravity of 1.83 at full solution in water as sells for aproximately $1.00 per pound. the catalyst is used over and recycled. the materials list i cannot disclose due to a "gag order" however i can tell you that $8 worth of materials at a hardware store at RETAIL price will yeild aproximately 100 cubic feet of hydrogen (the going rate for retail hydrogen is $1 per Cubic foot at 2500 PSI) and 20 pounds of "by-product" that sells for retail of $1 per pound. so for $8.00 invested at the hardware store, you can come out with $120 if you sell everything you make. profitble? OH YEAH!!!

anyway, in the lab i am constructing a larger unit for INDIRECT electrolysis so that a static charge between the plates in an unsupervised situation with the device running unmonitored would not blow itself up. the indirect method works just like the direct method of electrolysis, with one difference: NO DIRECT CONTACT between the power input and the water. the little unit works enough to power my F350 with a 444 high compression hydrogen engine just fine. however i want to start a self contained unit that can power larger stuff. Oh! and my F350 Crew-Cab Pickup, started out with 450,000+ miles on it when i bought it, i overhauled the engine, rebuilt the tranny, and changed the ratio in the rear end from a set of 5.56 gears to a set of 3.08 gears (ratio) and jumped the mileage from 6 with a top speed of red line at 55 MPH, to a top speed of 104 MPH at redline with a C6 ford transmission (not overdrive and is automatic) the powerplant started as a 444 Navistar (7.3) Not turbo, Not Direct inject diesel. it is now a hydrogen engine and whrn running on diesel averages 27 MPG, and when running on hydrogen i average the (nearest calculated; gallons of diesel cubic feet of hydrogen gas converted from liquid, then split) closest i can tell is about 74 MPG. the truck is 2 wheel drive, 26 feet long (12 foot flatbed, dually, 4 door power everything [XLT Lariat Package]) and the ignition system is a spark type for the hydrogen, the ignition trigger system bolts on in tandem with the injector pump (Fairbanks Morse Magneto [hard to come by]).

Christopher Moore, i commend you on your ability to strategize on the safety issue, the "bubbler" idea is ingenius, however it does not work in the arctic climates. the best thing you need is an engine with electric start, and go buy a "Cat" battery. they run (in alaska anyway) about $135 to $170 they have a cranking capacity of a minimum 2000 amps and for serious starting i went for the 3000 amp battery. just remember, watch thew watt meter. VOLTS X AMPS =Watts, you now know the price of hydrogen, if the watts you are consuming exceed the value of the hydrogen produced, you need to find a better way. to answer some of your questions posted on your site:

DC Pulses used for hydrogen production? Yeah...think of this: ok your electrode plates (anode and cathode) are submerged in an elecrolyte (which i have quickly steered away from due to better ways) and when a charge greater than the charge contained within the solution is applied, hydrogen gas and oxygen gas will form on the plates. what kind of conductor is oxygen? not a good one. so until there is sufficient gas to rise and "liberate" from the solution, the gas forms a resistive barrier between your plates and the electrolyte. so DC Pulses, yup, think of it like a hammer, when you hit something with a hammer, it "shakes" "vibrates" once, now keep hitting it like a drum, and the gas will not stick. the same applies to the pulses, it is used to "shake" the gasses off the plates and make a faster producing flow of gasses from the solution.

i also commend you on the use of plates of "like" materials. this is the brink part. the "like" or similar materials will not set up a charge. this is entirely a good thing. remember that basic batteries are constructed with an electrolyte, and 2 DISSIMILAR METALS. "2 dissimilar metals placed into an electrolyte will set up an electric charge, the charge being based on the valences of the metals and the ability of the electrolyte to carry the load of the charge." the "brink" part is this: you have 2 similar metals. with this comes the possibilities of using a "shaker" to keep things moving, and the byproduct of similar metals is that the "charge of the Electrolyte" stays at close to nothing. this is good because a strong electrolyte with no charge will easily accept a charge and thereby produce the desired gasses easily.

I use a destabilizer to "energize" the water. i mean this: if you can get the water to PHYSICALLY vibrate on the molecular scale, then the electrolysis process will require less than a volt and less than an amp to produce faster than a larger more powerful unit on the market using what i consider "old" technology. you can view this "cutting edge" antique at Http://www.stuartenergy.com

i have been regularly corresponding with President Bush, Lisa Murkowski, the "Governator," and a few other companies. i tell you one thing that shocked the hell out of me is when i wrote a letter to President Bush, expecting it to land in some HUGE room full of letters to never ever be opened, and 3 days later, not joking, 3 days later, had a reply in my hand, and not an e-mail, but an ORIGINAL Hardcopy. it was authentic too. all correspondance written and sent out of the White House, via postal means, has a water mark on it, and it is about 4 inches across, right in the middle of the paper. the watermark is the eagle that is found on the Pre-1998 American Quarters. anyways seeing that mark is nothing new to me anymore, but when i show it to people, they think it is a really cool thing. anyway i have to go, it is 2:30 AM my time and i have a boat to catch. i am going fishing, I'll be out on the ocean with my bride, catching Halibut, and anything else we can get other than a cold.
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby Ronald_raygun » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:09 pm

If you give a man some fire, he will be warm for just a day.

If you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Ronald_raygun
Regular Poster

Congrats

Postby Danberman » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:26 am

Danberman
Regular Poster

catalyst

Postby lechancel » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:26 am

lechancel

if you need some light, turn on the switch...

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:35 am

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby kww » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:13 pm

kww
Regular Poster

Postby kww » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:05 pm

kww
Regular Poster

nope, no aluminum. no hydrochloric acid...

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:22 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Re: nope, no aluminum. no hydrochloric acid...

Postby kww » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:42 pm

kww
Regular Poster

nope, no ammonia, and no nitrates either....

Postby AlaskaStar » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:25 pm

AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Re: nope, no ammonia, and no nitrates either....

Postby kww » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:20 pm

Last edited by kww on Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
kww
Regular Poster

Postby Ronald_raygun » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:32 pm

If you give a man some fire, he will be warm for just a day.

If you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Ronald_raygun
Regular Poster

the answer is absolutely YES

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:38 am

the answer to that is YES. completely, and absolutely, and it does work, however that method is rather slow and easy to control. the method i use, when i first started playing with the catalyst I noticed that that one, however slow, when a large quantity is used, and the need for hydrogen is relatively small, it makes for a rather cost effective method of making hydrogen in the long run. small devices that use hydrogen in quantities that small-though constant- do not yet exist. that inventor has his head in the right direction, but could not see the whole picture. think small. think about miniscule amounts of electricity, doing work at a higher rate of speed than large amounts of electricity doing slow amounts of work. and along that line, think about the cascade effect of an extention cord that burned up when you drop a grader blade on it, on pavement, and it was plugged in and you watch the cord burn up starting from the poing of impact, and moving to the power source, until the resistance becomes so low that it trips the GFCI, or if not existant, the circuit breaker.

Low voltage, self induced, cascade effect, and LARGE surface area, yet in an extremely small package works the best.

large surfaces in small areas can generally be found on the surface of a computer heat sink that mounts to the processor...that should clue you in on the type of material you should use (by way of styles of dimensional material, though it doesn't have to be the same material as a heat sink for a computer) :D

well i gotta go, i'll hopefully be back tomorrow, but if not, next weekend.
lots of work for someone like me. look for other articles written by AlaskaStar and you'll have a clue as to what i have been up to lately...interesting reading. Thanks to Christopher Moore for providing a place in which to inspire minds with stuff that should (in my opinion) be taught in schools without having to go to college. keep in mind, i can tell you what i am doing, and how i am doing it-BUT due to a legal and binding GAG order i cannot disclose materials, chemical names of the stuff i use or any particular data, other than quantities of production, and descriptions of leftovers.

if you are truely looking for some of the answers to what i have achieved, look at Tesla. and steer clear of the tesla coils. i am recommending that you look at what he was up to toward the end of his life, specifically in the 3rd story apartment, before he died.
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby AntDavison » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:41 am

hmm, all very interesting, computer heat sinks are either made from aluminum (previously rejected as AlaskaStar's metal) or more effectively ... copper.

Just started watching the new www.knowledgepublications.com water engined dvd which has lots of good stuff in it

ant :-)
AntDavison
Regular Poster

Postby bhaas » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:39 pm

Is this the Tesla you want us to read? Vibrations are a powerfull thing. When I worked in a foundry I had to use a big air chisle and I hated it. But I found the "sweet spot" on those chisles and I could bust them in half at will. Hence we were out of chisles and I didn't have to chisle anymore. Then they gave me another job to do cause I kept breaking chisles. :D
They never did figure out how I was doing it.

Brad...

TESLA ARTICLE

A few years ago, a friend mentioned that he had noticed a peculiar pattern of the earthquake frequency in Southern California. In all recent instances except the 1993 Northridge blockbuster, the space shuttle had been aloft at the time. (Conspiracy researcher and radio show host Dave "I Read It In A Book So It Must Be True" Emory has commented on this as well.) Even though it was meant as a joke, there are obvious implications for anyone who could control this final frontier of the natural world. Perhaps this has already been accomplished. In the last years of the 19th century, technological alchemist Nikola Tesla may have harnessed this principle to similar effect.

Tesla has been called everything from a genius to a quack. The fact remains that the alternating current electrical system now used worldwide was his conception, and among other inventions he perfected a remote controlled boat in 1897&emdash;only a few years after the discovery of radio waves. This device was publicly demonstrated at Madison Square Garden the next year to capacity crowds.

In 1896, Tesla had been in the United States for 11 years after emigrating from his native Croatia. After a disastrous fire in his former laboratory, he moved to more amenable quarters at 46 Houston St. in Manhattan. For the past few years, he had pondered the sigificance of waves and resonance, thinking that along with the AC system, there were other untapped sources of power waiting to be exploited. The oscillators he designed and built were originally designed to provide a stable source for the frequencies of alternating current&emdash;accurate enough to "set your watch by."

He constructed a simple device consisting of a piston suspended in a cylinder, which bypassed the necessity of a camshaft driven by a rotating power source, such as a gasoline or steam engine. In this way, he hoped to overcome loss of power through friction produced by the old system. This small device also enabled Tesla to try out his experiments in resonance. Every substance has a resonant frequency which is demonstrated by the principle of sympathetic vibration&endash;the most obvious example is the wine glass shattered by an opera singer (or a tape recording for you couch potatoes.) If this frequency is matched and amplified, any material may be literally shaken to pieces.

A vibrating assembly with an adjustable frequency was finally perfected, and by 1897, Tesla was causing trouble with it in and near the neighborhood around his loft laboratory. Reporter A.L. Besnson wrote about this device in late 1911 or early 1912 for the Hearst tabloid The World Today. After fastening the resonator ("no larger than an alarm clock") to a steel bar (or "link") two feet long and two inches thick:

He set the vibrator in "tune" with the link. For a long time nothing happened-&endash;vibrations of machine and link did not seem to coincide, but at last they did and the great steel began to tremble, increased its trembling until it dialated and contracted like a beating heart&endash;and finally broke. Sledge hammers could not have done it; crowbars could not have done it, but a fusillade of taps, no one of which would have harmed a baby, did it. Tesla was pleased.

But not pleased enough it seems:

He put his little vibrator in his coat-pocket and went out to hunt a half-erected steel building. Down in the Wall Street district, he found one&endash;ten stories of steel framework without a brick or a stone laid around it. He clamped the vibrator to one of the beams, and fussed with the adjustment until he got it.

Tesla said finally the structure began to creak and weave and the steel-workers came to the ground panic-stricken, believing that there had been an earthquake. Police were called out. Tesla put the vibrator in his pocket and went away. Ten minutes more and he could have laid the building in the street. And, with the same vibrator he could have dropped the Brooklyn Bridge into the East River in less than an hour.

Tesla claimed the device, properly modified, could be used to map underground deposits of oil. A vibration sent through the earth returns an "echo signature" using the same principle as sonar. This idea was actually adapted for use by the petroleum industry, and is used today in a modified form with devices used to locate objects at archaelogical digs.

Even before he had mentioned the invention to anyone he was already scaring the local populace around his loft laboratory. Although this story may be apocryphal, it has been cited in more than one biography: Tesla happened to attach the device to an exposed steel girder in his brownstone, thinking the foundations were built on strudy granite. As he disovered later, the subtrata in the area consisted of sand&endash;an excellent conductor and propogator of ground vibrations.

After setting the little machine up, he proceeded to putter about the lab on other projects that needed attention. Meanwhile, for blocks around, chaos reigned as objects fell off shelves, furniture moved across floors, windows shattered, and pipes broke. The pandemonium didn't go unnoticed in the local precinct house where prisoners panicked and police officers fought to keep coffee and donuts from flying off desks. Used as they were to the frequent calls about diabolical noises and flashes from Mr. Tesla's block, they hightailed it over. Racing up the stairs and into the lab, they found the inventor smashing the vibrator to bits with a sledgehammer. Turning to them with accustomed old-world aplomb, he apoligized calmly: " Gentlemen, I am sorry. You are just a trifle too late to witness my experiment. I found it necessary to stop it suddenly and unexpectedly in an unusual way. However, If you will come around this evening, I will have another oscillator attached to a platform and each of you can stand on it. You will I am sure find it a most interesting and pleasurable experience. Now, you must leave, for I have many things to do. Good day." (Actually, another story is related of Tesla's good friend Mark Twain, a regular visitor to the laboratory, standing on the vibrating platform to his great surprise and pleasure, extoling its theraputic effects while repeatedly ignoring the inventor's warnings to get down. Before long, he was made aware of its laxative effects and ran stiffly to the water closet.)

One source has it that the device "bonded to the metal on an atomic level" and Tesla was unable to get at the controls, but it seems more likely that the wild movements of the girder, combined with the panic that he might bring the neigborhood down, moved Tesla to this unsubtle action. He later mused to reporters that the very earth could be split in two given the right conditions. The detonation of a ton of dynamite at intervals of one hour and forty-nine minutes would step up the natural standing wave that would be produced until the earth's crust could no longer contain the interior. He called his new science "tele-geodynamics." Newspaper artists of the time went nuts with all manner of fanciful illustrations of this theory. Tesla's fertile imagination posited a series of oscillators attached to the earth at strategic points that would be used to transmit vibrations to be picked up at any point on the globe and turned back in to usable power. Since no practical application of this idea could be found at the time that would make money for big investors or other philanthropic souls, (one can't effectively meter and charge for power derived in this way) the oscillators fell into disuse.

In the 1930s, Tesla revived the idea of tele-geodynamics to create small, realtively harmless temblors to relieve stress, rather than having to wait in fear for nature to take it's course. Perhaps this idea did not remain the idle speculation of a scientist whose star had never been on the ascendant since the turn of the century, and we occasionally experience the devious machinations of invisible "earthquake merchants" at the behest of the unseen hands who wish to experiment on and control the populace.
Last edited by bhaas on Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bhaas
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Hydrogen Production non Electrolytic