[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Low energy Input, mass hydrogen output methods in use.

Low energy Input, mass hydrogen output methods in use.

This forum is for discussions regarding Hydrogen Production by all means OTHER than Electrolysis. It is also for discussing the end results of Hydrogen Applications such as Water Engines & Water Cars.

Postby nickle989 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:35 am

nickle989
Regular Poster

Postby AlaskaStar » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:37 am

A regenerative system would and should be the best system, as such things like Photo-Voltaics are improving, the sun could regenerate the cell plating (re-plating the electrodes) and during the night, the reversal process would possibly provide light, as well as H2 fuel. think about this for a moment:

Most people with jobs, work a shift of work either part time or full time. those with day full shifts (8 hours) would benefit the most from a system like this, as the sun is regenerating the water and metals in the container while they are at work, when they come home, and need power, and fuel...etc...etc...it would literally be "On-Demand." So economically speaking, it would work out quite nice.

And once again you are 100% correct in the fact that surface area plays a MAJOR role in the production of Hydrogen.

I played with Metallic Salts due to high surface area, and had some success.

I am now playing with LIQUID ELECTRODES. I need to build proof of concept, but if it works anything like the metallic salts, it should be a major improvement over the metallic salts being bombarded with magnetism.

the major flaw of indirect magnetic induction of the power to the salts is the speed upon which a high strength magnetic field needs to constantly change polarity. this generates a really bad situation for durability of not only the windings, but of the circuitry as well.

I am trying a different type of winding, one that generates a "scattered Field Effect" whereas the magnetics are not mono-polar, and not AC, but rather a strong concentration of BOTH N and S poles in a randomized concentration.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby MarkinAustralia » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi Alaska,
There have been some great developments re your idea of the elctrodes being heldin solutions so as to speak. using nano technology or a nano substance they have been able to get very high efficencies and able to generate hydrogen at 5 amps per sqcm....the net results being you can use a very small container to generate lots of hydrogen.
the good news as well is it appears there is no material decay although longer tests are needed. Once set up its just add water.
The research originally looked at using the nano materials in a plate form..but this can be very restrictive. having them in 3 dimensions works a lot better.
A prototype that can produce 1kg per day will be in use in the first week of April.
mark
Follow your passion
MarkinAustralia
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:02 am

I can't believe that this riddle has not yet been solved.

I am no genius, but from the clues given I reckon that Alaskastar is using boron and reacting it with water to create hydrogen by introducing heat via a microwave magnetron.

The reverse process is similar, but using electricity to recharge the boron oxide, strip the oxygen from it and the byproduct is heat.

Read about it on wikipedia

The clues (i can remember) are:
He is using a powdered metal and a dissimilar form of the same - boron is readily available in different isotopes
2 way process (base metal to oxide and back) - Boron does this
Add water and heat under controlled circumstances - boron
The reaction is a bell curve of volatility but controlled by how much water is added - boron.... yawn :lol:
Boron is cheap and readily available by the tonne.
Boron in soil grows great tomatos if you don't use too much.

I even printed out this entire thread and sat down to read it, threw it in a cupboard at around page 20... Hehhee

If i'm wrong, It will be something along those lines in the periodic table, ie.... adjacent and I will gladly bow out of this discussion, but Boron seems to fit all the clues.

Alaskastar, let me know mate! :D
biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:22 am

Hmmm, Just did a little more reading. Maybe I got a bit enthusiastic.

The dissimilar metal might be along the lines of aluminium or magnesium.

Also, boric acid might have something to do with it.

I hate that on this forum, we cannot edit our own replies. Can someone please fix this?
There is a tickbox in the admin control panel that lets you switch on the feature, it is really annoying when you post something stupid and think about it later....
biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:35 am

biggeorge, done
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:02 am

What you just deleted was the solution to this 49 page mystery.

I solved it in a moment of brain-flash today.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO EDIT WHAT WE POST!!
Not have someone else guess at what needed to be edited.

I wanted to alter 1 line where I goofed by typing the wrong word.
biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:36 pm

Edit was disabled due to abuse. Abusers were editing their posts to re-add offensive or otherwise not allowed content that had been removed by moderators or the site owner/admin Chris.

If your post you spoke of was deleted for some reason, there is no moderator option to restore deleted posts. Wish I could be of help, sorry.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Hi Alaska

Postby H2-Paul » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:46 pm

I have been following all your progress as well as the progress of all of you.... You mention that you are building this Hydrogen Carburetor for small engine... Is this scalable to large ICEs ?? While being self sustaining ??

Stay warm..
Paul
H2-Paul
Regular Poster

BigGeorge

Postby H2-Paul » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:49 pm

Hi BigGeorge
Sorry but I missed you post that was removed ... can you please summarize that post while making it palatable for the powers at be.... Was this a solution using dissimilar metals ??? Please post again....

Thanks

Paul
H2-Paul
Regular Poster

Postby nickle989 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:49 pm

I do not believe the post was intentionaly deleted ... from the sounds of it he was wanting to change one line ... if it were intentionaly deleted maybe the moderators could offer up an explanation. I certainly do not think that this forum would be unessasarily censored. Posting information that is confidentional or copyrighted without permision would most certainly get deleted in a public forum.

If you can find some tungsten carbide fine screen and lay on top zinc you will find just how much hydrogen :wink: can be created at a controlled rate and then regenerate the zinc electrode once it is depleted.

H2-Paul .. how are you making out with your endevours ? Have not seen a post in awhile from you, hope things are going okay.
nickle989
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:42 pm

Dammit I am so annoyed by this.

I posted the damn solution and someone took it upon themselves to delete my post.

I did not ask for the post to be deleted, the next post I made after that had the corrections in it and an expression of my frustration at not being able to edit my posts.

It is possible to set up groups in phpbb to allow certain groups of users the ability to edit their posts. I believe that 99% of people would not abuse this feature. It's just a matter of weeding out the people who do abuse it. If this is a big job, I volunteer for it because I believe wholeheartedly in this forum and the people on it, have the ability to conquer the science of zero point energy capture and usage. We are close, and do not realise just how close we are.

Why don't we take a vote on the matter???

--------------

Anyway, I am retyping this from what I remember of yesterday's post. It will be more brief than the original post but I will try to make my point...

Basically, Alaskastar has given us a series of clues to this 2 way process.
I printed this entire thread 6 months ago and attempted to read it, but about 1/3rd of the way through, it began to divert from the original idea. The clues that I remember are:

Alaskastar has developed a system of creating hydrogen on demand.
It occurs in a reaction of some sort, where it starts off slow, then becomes intense and then tapers off, like a bell curve. This indicates that it is a chemical reaction.
The chemical reaction is triggered by 2 things, water and heat energy.
The chemical reaction can be controlled so that the top of the bell curve of production can be prolonged, but eventually it will stop.
The chemical reaction can then be reversed by adding electricity and water, to strip the oxygen from the oxide, and you are then left with the original chemical, hydrogen, and a byproduct that is suitable to be sprinkled on the garden.
Alaskastar has been offered literally tons of the ingredient from industrial waste, but cannot store it in order to make use of it. Hence making this process cheap.

There is mention of 2 dissimilar metals. I am not a chemist and have very limited understanding of chemistry. My forte is in mechanics and engineering, ie. if the fuel were readily available, I am the kind of person to make the hydrogen carburettor work on a regular car engine, or some other mechanical project.

I may be wrong, but I think i'm close to the right answer.
I believe that the process goes as thus:
Boron is placed in a container, water is added and the container is hit with microwave energy to heat the water. This triggers a reaction that produces hydrogen.
The reaction starts off slow, but when it gets going, more water is added and this is what controls the reaction. Microwave energy is stopped once there is enough heat, it is no longer required while the reaction takes place.
The two dissimilar metals are boron and a boron isotope, Or possibly aluminium, bauxite, magnesium, boron oxide, etc. it within that range on the periodic table.
Once the reaction is complete, The process can be reversed by using electricity to convert the oxide to the original material.

Do some research on boron and the way it is used to produce hydrogen.

I might be totally wrong too. At least I took a shot.

To the moderators. DON'T DELETE THIS!!!!!!!!
biggeorge
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:14 pm

I missed someth'n here...I thought this process was an industrial sized method....
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby nickle989 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:16 pm

I do not see why the posts would be deleted based on your post unless colourfull language was used with the frustration part. Maybe whoever the moderator was that deleted the 2 posts could offer an explantion.

As far as being able to edit posts. I do not mind it being turned off as it allows some creatative thinking to understand from where an individual may be coming from ... nothing wrong with correcting yourself in another post ... and certainly one should not think anything less of ones-self in a learning process no matter how outlandish it may seem.

I have also been part of forum's where editing was possible and to many wrong thoughts and misdirection after the fact were put in place.

just my measaly 2cents worth.

On to your thought ... Boron is a thought .. however Alaskastar I think (i could be wrong) mentioned that what he used was considered waste and the by-product after hydrogen is created was a sellable product.
nickle989
Regular Poster

Postby biggeorge » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:37 pm

Then again....... :D

If I am wrong, I think it's probably a similar kind of reaction but using calcium, sulfur and possibly something else.

If anybody (with chemistry knowledge!?) can expand on this one i'd be very interested.

Thanks
biggeorge
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production non Electrolytic