[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Ozonated water etc... .

Ozonated water etc... .

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

Ozonated water etc... .

Postby mael » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:46 am

I put two platinum-coated hard drives separated by strips of plastic ties and a CD - inside a sandwich of two small plates of glass and sealed the edges with wood and caulking.

There's a pipe going in and one coming out, and the air has to go through the 1mm on each side of the CD/plastic-tie/HD disc to get out the other side.

It's connected to an 18kv boiler oil-igniter. (Quite a powerful one). :shock:

I feed the outlet into a glass of cooled water for a few minutes and I get ozonated water.

I thought it was hydrogen peroxide at first, but I've since been corrected and that it is actually H2O + 03.

Has anyone else played with this stuff? I'm drinking a bit and using it as a face wash. I'm hoping it will get rid of some blemishes (one in particular) - and in the couple of days I've tried it I think I'm on to something.

* The hand I use to collect the ozonated water to wash my face with is ... er... beautiful. Coincidence?
What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:47 am

I forgot to add that I'm using an aquarium pump to move the air.
What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:11 am

Well - my extremely wobbly set-up impressed me enough to rebuild it and make it somewhat portable.

My wife says she thinks it's doing some good when she steams her face, and I've managed to reduce a mark on my face - which I've had there since I tried to squeeze a z*t TWENTY years ago - to a faint red mark in two days of ten-minute sessions steaming my face. (I'd say that mark is 80% gone.

*** Sorry about the revolting reference to ***s. :P

So .......... There's a rice cooker (electronically controlled to keep boiling nicely).

The rice cooker has a 1.5 cm pipe out of the vent, which slides into another plastic tube which fits nicely under the handle (from a vacuum cleaner hose). And the narrow pipe is cut at an angle which faces towards the outlet.

The other end of the vacuum cleaner pipe has a minature brushless fan of negligible wattage.

I sat the glass envelope containing the platinum discs at the bottom and put some plastic feet on it and fixed them with caulking.

On top of that is the aquarium pump, and at the top is the HV unit.

- It's a lot better than it was before I remade it last night. :D

I am going to see if continued use of it improves the astigmatism I have developed over the past five years. and see if the mark goes completely from my face - see if it can get rid of about 1kg (More like 4) of blubber on my waist.

I'm also curious if it can make me any more handsome? (Previously thought of as impossible).

* So I'm hoping for miracles. wish me luck and I'm going to keep you informed of events.

* Next step is to fashion some sort of 'tent' so I can steam by body. - I thought a washing machine box lined with plastic and a hole cut in the top for my head.

It seems a bit crazy even for me! But maybe a miracle will occur?
mael
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:05 pm

I've seen little tents made to steam your body. It's just a waterproof canvas over a metal frame, a hole for your head out the top and a zip down the front to get in it. Just put a chair and the steamer inside and that's it. fairly cheep. Probably better than using a washing machine as there is no cut or burn hazards and it's eaiser to get in and out
Jehu
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:43 am

Yes. ... I said washing machine box. I didn't mean case.

I think I'll try the plastic sheet with a hole cut in the top over some rudimentary frame (to stop the plastic sticking to the skin).

If I see encouraging results then I might make something out of wood.

... And I was looking into EM pulsers as a general fix-all last night. I'll have to make a better coil, but I've already got units capable of creating a big pulse with all those battery pulsers I've got (mostly) sitting redundant on the bench.
mael
Regular Poster

The miraculous Ozone

Postby SeaMonkey » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Mael,

Have you been to yet?
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:33 am

No, I haven't. ... But I'm going to get stuck into it tonight. :idea: Thank you. :D
mael
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:35 pm

mael
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub