[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - BTU value of Hydroxy

BTU value of Hydroxy

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

Postby AlaskaStar » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:33 am

Laesa:

I cannot PM you from this board, and your e-mail is not available. Under my name, there is a link to send me an e-mail from this forum.

I chose to NOT use the patent office because I cannot justify paying out $10K to $15K to educate the public. I would rather that they have to use their brain
(Holy Cow!!...They have one? I assumed everyone was given a brain at birth!)
to reverse engineer my products if they want it that badly.

Now if you want to e-mail me or provide another more effective means to contact you...(I am not YET psychic....) I would be glad to help.

The main issue I have with great technology that can help people is that if it never used, it is worth nothing. A trinket. Worthless. Used properly it is worth a lot when it saves money or eases burden.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby aussepom » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi Leasa

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no btu content for Hydroxcy, the 'flame' of Hydroxcy burning is a condensing flame, it required a catalytic action to produce heat, ie by touching the flame onto an object. It is what is known as a 'cold flame'.
It can not heat up air such as a flame from natural gas or petrol.
However it has a quality that is very useful it has a DETONATION ENRGY three times that of hydrogen.
The is a new motor that uses that principal, that Hydroxcy is ideal for because of that.
Not sure of it's name at the moment, but it uses a fluted disk in the form of a turbine, I think that it is from Canada.
The hydrogen pure H2 has a Lower heating value LHV of 274 btu per std cub foot.
The Hydroxcy as it is no fully separated when you use the 'cells' that most of you use, me included.
Hydroxcy has a content of 2065ltres of gas by volume, two thirds H2, and one third O
Even if we could get them to burn as a 'normal flame' the LHV would be 182 btu per std cub foot. To do this you would need to separate the two gasses but when you do this the Oxygen combines to make O2 at half the volume, mixed will still yield the same LHV 182 btu per std cub foot.
The oxygen mixed with hydrogen lowers the heating value of the Hydrogen.
aussepom
aussepom
aussepom
Regular Poster

Postby aussepom » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:51 pm

hi sorry the 2065 ltrs of gas is for one litre of water
aussepom
aussepom
aussepom
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to OUPower Pub