[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - A possible Solution?

A possible Solution?

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

A possible Solution?

Postby AlaskaStar » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:04 am

I have been reading/posting here for more than 2 years, reading at first, and posting since June or July 2005. I note the trends of people coming here with the "GIMME GIMME" and no "EFFORT." We all have seen what that leads to.

I also note that there are those, such as myself, Mr. Boyce, Thrival, and a few others whom wish to share what they consider valuable knowledge here, freely, and people hound them and harass them.

I may be posting this in the wrong area, but I feel compelled to bring it to the attention of everyone.

I note that this site costs the users absolutely nothing, and that the entire burden of the site and all incurred costs go to Chris, the site admin.

I personally cannot walk on water (unless it's frozen), and I know nobody else can either.

I am not trying to pick a fight, a pissing match, or whatever, but I have a couple useful suggestions, as there seems to be a "core group" of people whom frequent this site.

Everybody comes here to give information, share information, and to read up on information. There is a common goal, to rid ourselves from the greed that is the energy monopoly. Hydrogen may do this for us, it may not. until 100% proven that it cannot, I have hope that it will help more than it will hurt.

Constructive criticism is a good thing, but there is a fine line between respectful criticism, and destructive criticism. Maybe instead of writing "Your numbers are completely off, and has no sound base nor bearing relevant to this subject." a person could write "I am not so sure of those numbers, Can I help you verify them? or can anybody else here help verify them?" This second method and attitude adjustment may actually yield the results people are looking for.

I find that there are some numbers, specifications, and pieces of knowledge that are next to impossible to locate. I find what I can, and experiment to find the rest. This sometimes gives me even unknown variables that throw my calculations way off chart.

There are more people getting results, however small, or large, and if the numbers were verified for certain variables, and the other variables of unknown value were already known by another in the group, but has not volunteered it, nor been asked for it, it may seem irrelevant information to a bunch of members, but completely valid once the variables are tested and found to be true or false, we could ALL benefit.

I know this sounds more like a lesson from the college days of Chem Lab.

But there is a reason that does work so well, at the same time, you should not limit your windows of thinking, as something completely irrelevant will possibly have some tangential piece of information that makes it all work very nicely.

I personally choose to volunteer certain bits of Information from my experiments, but also choose my personal levels of participation, and is kinda frustrating to see other members whom get bashed, and hounded by some newcomers, or antagonists of the crowd. Mr. Boyce won't live forever, and there are those whom value his input, and some rotten apples in the crowd that he chooses not to deal with, and ruins it for everyone. Like I said, I can't walk on water either. (but it sure burns nice in a 130 HP 4 Stroke ENGINE!)

Anyways, I thought a place here in the forum for suggestions, not related to website operations, not complaints department, but a place to add positive feedback, and reflect and bounce ideas, without animosity towards one another, as well as a validation depository, would be good for all.

I am not against a well founded debate, as those make for some really great reading. ( I Like the one Global Warming question: If Humans are responsible for Global Warming, and the melting of the polar Ice Caps on Earth, then whom exactly is responsible for the global warming and the melting of the polar Ice caps on mars?)

Well I'll leave that to everybody here, and if the moderator allows, he will let it stay, if not he will delete or move as necessary. Just keep in minds that we are all human, and are predisposed to make mistakes in life, large scale and small.

AlaskaStar
"Do we exist, or are we just an existence?"
AlaskaStar
Regular Poster

Postby MarkinAustralia » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:29 am

dear Alsaka Star,
First of all I appologise for not visiting you on my last trip. I had an impossible schedule I am comming back next week. I have left some time if you will see me to come up.
I have missed our phone calls.
I agree with what you said in your post andI am only posting to this forum now, as in some of the yahoo ones I have been on the recieving end of some abuse and many demands. I dished a bit back but that is inappropiate behaviour.
I recently met with Bob...I really didnt have any questions but just wanted to shake his hand and take him out for dinner..to honor what he has given us. i hope to visit again soon . I had a great day there observing other peopls projects Bob had so kindly given assistance to.
You are another gem..i can hardly keep up with you and you ideas...some are out there but all worthy.
I also feel sad about the falling out I had with Chris...hopefully my appollogies have been accepted.
I try and share what i can...and give constructive advice as well. I have many emails and demands for information and data but sometimes have to respect other peoples intellectual property and the expense they has aquiring it. In many ways I feel bad and try and generalise to point them in the right direction.
I am working on a large project at the moment that is taking a lot of time money and a sizable team to accomplish. tThe out comes will benefit everyone and once the data has been checked it will be of use to everyone involved in hydrogen or hydroxy boosters. It will also assist in possibly taking the step towards self running engines.
I enjoy the information here furnished by many such a yourself, Bob kevin and following the progress of many projects.
i owe this site a lot and will see what I can do to help out with costs incurred by Chris.
hope all is well up north
Mark
Follow your passion
MarkinAustralia
Regular Poster

Postby Art » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:11 pm

well guys i know i am new here i have ask some questions that were not answered but i know that means the answer alredy has been posted so i just keep on reading past post in search of my answers and found most of them!!! :wink: :wink: so i do agree that the bad attuide needs to go this world has enough negitivy to go around but a good debate in the proper words is fun and intersting 8) 8) book learned stuff is ok but like all rules they all can be adjusted as they are proven wrong if i try to get something that you dont want to tell or has been answered in anouther post or any one feels i am rude just tell me i wont hold it agenst you
THANK YOU ALL OF YOU NO MATTER HOW LITTLE I LEARN OR MUCH IT ALL HELPS ME UNDERSTAND A LITTLE MORE!!!!
SO I WILL LEAVE YOU ALL WITH THIS LIKE IT OR NOT THOSE BOTTOM FEEDERS ALL GO AFTER THE BEST SO HELP WHO YOU WISH AND F*** THE REST

sorry about the crappy spelling!!

keep on keeping on
Art
Regular Poster

Postby panthony » Mon May 14, 2007 9:41 pm

panthony
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub