[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - why am I here?

why am I here?

Talk about anything at all in this forum. General chatter about anything not related to the rest of the Discussion Board Topics, belongs here!

why am I here?

Postby fuelcrop » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:03 pm

fuelcrop
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:23 am

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:09 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby waterbard » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:55 am

Bzzz...
waterbard
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:16 pm

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Vinny » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:22 pm

Vinny

Postby herby53 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:31 pm

herby53
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:34 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Art » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:00 pm

Art
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:47 am

Hi! Bottom-feeder here.

I am currently interested in using hydroxy for doing glasswork. But I'm also interested in seeing if I can weld with it, and also to see if I can get an engine to run off it as well. If I can think of anything else to do with hydroxy then I'll be into that as well.

Can I do glaswork? Well. no, not as such... not yet anyway.

Weld? You should see my welding!!! :oops:

Running engines from water-gas? I've not tried that yet.

I'm determened to get somewhere though. I' believe the word "poor" was created for me. I can buy tape and a few connectors occasionally, but I'm much more likely to wander during the wee-small hours and see what useful stuff I can salvage for my (many) projects.

At the moment in my workroom I have a 60 cm wide X 30 cm deep aquarium being used as a container for a single-cell electrolyzer. It's gradually getting done.

It's being powered from three transformers. One to take my mains 100 Volts down to about 50, and then two others which are from two junked UPS systems - running in parrallel with seperate rectifiers and a modest capacitor. According to my least innacurate meter I am averaging about 3.25 Volts DC. I'm just guessing the current at between 25 and 30 Amps.

My plates are fairly good quality SS which I liberated from an old rooftop-solar water heater. - It just happened to have a nice piece of SS being used as a reflector. It was bashed-up and it took a while with a rubber hammer to get it straight enough to mount 11 plates at 1 cm spacing.

I cut it with a tool designed for the job, though the blisters and cuts 'n nicks on my hands are not forgotten yet.

I mounted the plates on short lengths of plastic vacuum-cleaner pipe, and the plates are connected to the power by SS wire (I bought), which is along the short edges of each plate, and folded over and squeezed with a crimping tool.

The plates are about 40 cm X 24 cm, and there are six minus and five plus plates.

The electrolyte is tap water and a mostly unknown concentration of NaOH. I'm adding more NaOH as I become more confident about it not doing something unpleasant.

Wow! But it seems to be going well, and I'm going to have it connected to a bubbler and I'll be burning holes in whatever I can find as soon as I've decided how I'm going to fit the pipes in the top, and whether or not I'm going to incorporate a filter.

I'm also trying to encourage just going out there and getting your hands dirty (and cut/singed etc...) and just seeing how far (you) can go and see if it doesn't open new doors in other highly interesting fields.

My main reason for being here is because I want to be free of Big Brother and the skulking money-lenders as much as possible, and I'll be hoping that as many others are freeing themselves from the same in the hope the Global government will somehow become starved and slow enough so that the peons will awaken from their slumbers and take back control of the (once great) human race.
mael
Regular Poster

Return to OUPower Pub