[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - New Forum Design Proposal

New Forum Design Proposal

If you have questions concerning any of this Website's functions, features or operations, please utilize this area. Technical problems or issues go here as well.

Does the new design sound like it would work here?

Yes it does, and I would do my part as a moderator of lower levels as I progress
50%
Yes it does, but I would not have time to help moderate lower levels
17%
It might work, and I would be willing to do my part to help
17%
It might work, but I don't have the time to help
No votes
I don't think it will work, but I'll do what I can to help
No votes
I don't think it will work, and I don't have time to help
No votes
You're insane dude! Keep things as they are!
17%

Total votes : 6

New Forum Design Proposal

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:41 pm

Hi Dart,

Thank you for the kind words. There is so much more I want to do here for you guys ...so much more information that I want to clearly explain and so many concepts that I want to help make clear to everyone. The problem is quite simply time; or rather lack thereof. I have so little of it right now that it's pathetic.

I'm trying to finish the software update that will allow everyone to post their projects here free of charge and update / maintain those projects 24 hours a day 7 days a week without any intervention from me. -That would truly be wonderful!

Regarding the new forums I spoke of. It is not to keep information SECRET or hidden from anyone. I thought a LOT about this yesterday and really what I'm after is just a Tiered Effect ...or levels, if you will.

In other words everyone who comes to the board new starts at Level 1. As they prove their knowledge with correctly answering questions, posting information and posting projects, they are granted Level 2 access. Level 2 is where more involved concepts would be discussed and shared freely among those participants. It would not be SECRET information, just more complex information and concepts that would likely confuse newcomers or lead them down the wrong path.

Each person on Level 2 would be granted moderator privileges over the level 1 forums so that anything inappropriate for Level 1 would be pulled up to Level 2. You start confusing people when you blast them with too much information and they never properly learn the basics.

I for instance would be happy to stay in Level 1 discussions with electronics as I am just new to that field. Trying to grasp more advanced concepts before I have the basics would just confuse the hell out of me.

So each level would be sort of a mirror image of the lower level. The only difference would be the type of information posted there.

For this system to work however, we need people on the higher levels to really kick in and start helping with moderation of the lower levels. Keeping posts at the appropriate level is most important in this model.

I hope this better explains my vision for the boards. -I hope you all see the wisdom in what I'm trying to achieve with this model. Whether or not it succeeds will be largely up to you guys... the members and your willingness to help support that system.

Maybe I'll make a voting option to see if you guys think this system will be beneficial here. :wink:
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Clyde » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:21 pm

Hi Chris
I was going the dissociation direction but gave up when I found out that it made fog instead of Hydroxy. ( I like that word. Did you guys coin it?) I made a little electrolizer first but that would not qualify me to be in level 2. I check in once in a while to see what progress you have made and to add 2 cents if I can help. If you figure out how to make mass quantities of hydrogen I might get involved again and would hate to be excluded.
If you could post a “readers digest” version of the best of this forum it would help new comers get up to speed. They wouldn’t ask the same old questions and they wouldn’t have to wade thru Alaskastar type stuff.
I really like OU Power.
Clyde
Clyde
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:15 pm

Hi Clyde,

I won't speak to electrolysis in this forum as it's the wrong place. I will say that on my "grocery list" of things to do that is definitely one of them. I plan on making several nice "beginners" guides from the abundance of information here.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Dart » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:33 am

Life is what we make it to be
Dart

Postby BEMET » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:44 am

When the price of gasoline went over $2.00 per gallon I started looking at alternatives again.

Comprehend and copy nature, V. Schauberger
BEMET
Regular Poster

Postby Clyde » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:11 am

Clyde
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:09 pm

I made a slight change to the boards today guys. I changed the DELETE and EDIT abilities on the forum, so that people can NOT change their posts once they are made.

Sorry for the inconvenience (if it causes anyone any) but it was a necessary change. I hope you understand :)
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby pertyfly » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:19 pm

pertyfly
Regular Poster

Return to Website Operations