[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Project Management is back online!

Project Management is back online!

If you have questions concerning any of this Website's functions, features or operations, please utilize this area. Technical problems or issues go here as well.

Project Management is back online!

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:57 pm

Perhaps you were one who was NOT so consumed with the conspiracy theories about level 2 access... that you actually noticed it was back online :)

Please let me know how it works for you. I have upped the file limits now and will be implementing new video upload procedures soon. Working on them on my test system now.

You can also upload larger .gifs now :) woohoo! You could send gifs before but they had to be very small. Now my conversion routine chops them down to size just like .jpg's.

I'll be curious to see if you think that uploads are faster now as well. So keep me posted please guys! -I'm anxious to hear how I did with the v1.43 PM update. :wink:
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Looking In » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:42 am

Good Job Chris..
Well it works very well. It uploads very fast. I used a small gif. Chris I really believe people should reduce the size of there images. If you could keep your re sizer program ( I think that's what you call it). The load times would be faster. I'm guilty for not reducing my images. I will update my folder soon.

The load time is so much faster. But as you know all the posters need to start now. It will save space, increase speed, and reduce the load on the server. Job Well done..
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:09 am

That is what my resizer does. It takes say a 2mb pic file and reduces it to a 1024x768 physical size max (if it's bigger on upload) and then reduces the quality to 70% which will cut the filesize down but still be a good quality.

A 2mb .jpg will come out to be about 100k this way, and gifs will be like 500k I think. I will probably tweak the gif algorithms more as I test, but that's why I have this code. I don't want to make you guys go through the pain in the ass process of reducing master pics just to upload them here.

I never do. I just upload my master copies and let the website handle the rest. I did it to keep it easy that way for you guys :)
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Bob Boyce » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:52 am

Seems to work real good Chris. I have signed up to another ISP recently due to connection reliability, so for now I have 2 to choose from. Both seem to work pretty good with the uploads today.

I was having trouble last night with image corruption, but this has cleared up today. It was probably ISP trouble since the downloads kept halting mid-send last night. I have dozens of photos to send and add descriptions to in order to update my Solar Power Project folder.

Bob
Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:51 am

I know... I have dozens of pics to upload myself for my workshop project. :) I'm hoping it will help people to "feel my pain" and consider donating :lol: -Wishful thinking? Hey it can't hurt ...right? I took out a 35k loan to do this baby so I'm a bit scared of the pinch it will put on our budget.

I can't wait to get some time to play with the video uploads. I think that will add a whole new dynamic to the site. It should make things very interesting here.

At any rate, I'm pumped. Lots and lots of good changes are going to be coming our way here on the site now. The new server was just the first step in my "master plan." Now that I have a 100% identical test-bed, I can code freely without fear of things working in 1 place but not the other.

Replication is a breeze, backups are also very nice (and will soon be automated I might add). Yes all good things. Oh and did I mention NO MORE SPAMMERS on our server. With a shared host you always run the risk of some idiot deciding to suck all the system resources to send his spam mail out. This solves that issue since I control 100% of the system resources now. Yes I am greedy, but we likes it that way my preciousssss! :wink:

So to say I'm excited is an understatement. You guys haven't seen anything yet. Give me a few more months to slowly put my pieces into place and this will be a very exciting website. -You might not think that's possible since it's so exciting already 8) but I think you'll agree with me once you see the changes, that it will be even better!
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Looking In » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:55 pm

Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:25 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Website Operations