[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Geet type reactor.

Geet type reactor.

Do you have some solar or wind turbine projects you are working on? Perhaps you would like to move toward an "Off-Grid" lifestyle? You've come to the right place.

Geet type reactor.

Postby mael » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:08 pm

It's a bit quiet these days isn't it?

I've got a small (400W) genny on the bench. I am trying to fashion a geet reactor to it. I've stripped the intake and exhaust, removed the case and bolted it on two lengths of wood.

It's been sitting there for over a month and before that it sat on the floor for six months. My welding isn't very good and I've only got an arc welder. I am willing to have a go at it with the tools I've got, but I don't want to do it without knowing a few things first.

I've scoured the 'net and read hundreds of articles about Geet-type reactors. There are many kinds. The most common kind is basically a fuel-heater. Well, heating the fuel is clearly going to vapourise the fuel and with a minimum of tweaking I can envisage things like diesel or kerosene would run in an engine with a suitable fuel heater.

But that's not what I'm after. I want a fuel reactor which I can use with even old engine oil or steam and woodsmoke. I gather to have a fuel reformer would entail the reaction of the 'fuel' in an electrostatic field. The high voltage field being created by the exhaust and its interaction with ferros material both inside the inlet tube and on the outside of the reactor.

... And this is where I've come to a stop. I feel that the key to creating a fuel reformer is to create as much electrostatic potential as possible. I think that the higher voltage, the more plasma there would be. And the more plasma there is, the wider the range of fuels which could be used.

Thus:- My plan is to try to create my 'Geet' reactor with the aim in mind of making it so I get the most plasma and also perhaps be able to tap off the generated electromagnetic field with a copper coil wrapped around the outside of the reactor.

I don't mind if it is complicated, I just want it to work. I'd rather spend a long time making something which stands a good chance of working than a device which will need altering many times.

I've seen most reactors made so that they are electrically connected to the engine block. And as far as I can see, it would be more successful and also more suitable to tap power off with a coil around the exhaust if the reactor was made so its parts were electrically insulated from each other.

My problem stems from my ignorance of the mechanism by which an electric field is produced by a steel pipe and hot exhaust gases. So would I electrically insulate the inlet pipe from the outerpipe? Could I use a sturdy ceramic pipe to serve as the inlet pipe?

Or would I insulate the outermost pipe from an inside steel pipe with a ceramic washer?

How is this job done? And please respond quickly because the world is ending don'tcha know... . :)
What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:07 am

I see you have done your homework.
Good questions.
Good theories too.
You are asking for advice, the nature of which is likely uncharted territory.
But I have shared similar questions. Look in my project folder, if it's still there. I like the idea of wrapping the outer pipe with a coil of copper wire.
If you want to know why I like copper air coils, see my you tube videos on energy, under the same user name- mrgalleria.
I doubt you will need to make an insulator between the inner and outer pipe. You may need a spark gap. You may need an earth ground, or maybe not. You may want to add some sort of raised capacitance to one end of the wire, like on a Tesla coil.
As this topic is under wind projects, tell me what you think of the Alo ha Wind Turbine, in one of my videos.
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby mrgalleria » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:08 am

BTW- I believe you are right about what seems to be happening to the world!
mrgalleria
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Sat May 07, 2011 1:22 pm

What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby Jehu » Mon May 09, 2011 9:21 am

Jehu
Regular Poster

Re: Geet type reactor.

Postby SeaMonkey » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:56 pm

And don't forget about Hydrogen and Oxygen
made electrically by electrolysis. A wind powered
or solar powered system can produce substantial
amounts of the gases (which should be stored separately)
which may be used directly or in addition to other
fuels.

A HydrOxy generator which produces mixed Hydrogen
and Oxygen can be used to direct feed an engine
fueled by gasoline or alcohol and water vapor to enhance
it's efficiency and economy.

Charcoal gas may be an easier alternative for many
than wood gas although the high levels of carbon
monoxide it contains require great caution in its use.

Actually, any dry vegatation may be carbonized and
the resultant hydrogen and methane cleaned, collected
and stored for future use. It's best done in retorts or stills
which are externally heated. The carbon (charcoal)
residue co-product has many uses.

Motor oil is easily recycled by filtration with one of the
toilet paper filters, which removes the tiniest of particles,
and re-used in motors.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Return to Solar, Wind & Off-Grid Projects