[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - enclosure material

enclosure material

Do you have some solar or wind turbine projects you are working on? Perhaps you would like to move toward an "Off-Grid" lifestyle? You've come to the right place.

enclosure material

Postby buddog » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:14 am

buddog
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:45 pm

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:43 am

Bob, great idea. I never thought to check the Home Depot or Lowe's. I will have to change my plans today and check it out. One other good source is Sub Zeros Refrigerators. The commercial units have glass doors. The trim on the some of the older sub zero's 48 inches and the insulation works great. It does take a little work to strip. But well worth it. I used old bed frames.( The angle Iron used to mount it to the roof) And old siding from Mobile Homes to trim the base. I'll post a picture soon. It's a diamond in the rough. But it works great. It's home made. I don't make my systems pretty. Just functional.
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Postby Bob Boyce » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:21 am

Bob Boyce
Regular Poster

Postby 12volt dan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:52 am

10 years off grid and counting
12volt dan
Regular Poster

Postby buddog » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:32 pm

buddog
Regular Poster

Postby Looking In » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:10 pm

This is made from old refrigerator insulation and the skins of the old refrigerators. And the glass from a very old commercial cooler
The Alumium trim is from 2 old sub zeros
The inside is old A/C cores painted black with a silver backing.
I was working with fresnel lens. It would superheat the box. So as you could see from the Pictures. I'm experimenting with mist in the enclosure. Hopeing it will produce a lens effect to increase the heat. Will let you know
Rich (Looking In)
((((Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a flash of regret.)))) BOOM
Looking In
Regular Poster

Return to Solar, Wind & Off-Grid Projects