[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Two Broken Oscilloscopes

Two Broken Oscilloscopes

Here we will discuss many topics on electronic designs and circuits for various functions. PIC Chip programming has enormous potential in so many applications, that will be included in this forum as well.

Two Broken Oscilloscopes

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Hey Guys,

Do any of you live near Lancaster, PA and have a heavy knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting? I have 2 broken oscilloscopes from the recent flooding.

They were in the water just an inch or two (fan end) before I realized it and pulled them out. I let them dry out and tried them. They both come on but both have errors now so I suspect a particular component failure in the HP scope and in my Tektronix it appears to be a power issue. I don't get a reading on one leg that's supposed to be 15v. All other values are fine.

I have done hours of tracing and testing on the Tektronix but I'm a newbie at electronics so I need some extra help. :) Even if no one lives near me perhaps we can do this by phone or over the forum. I have the electronic repair manual and all schematics. I see where the general problem is but I need to find the specific "bad" part or component to fix.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Electronics, Circuits & PIC Chips