[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Electric bicycle circuit board.

Electric bicycle circuit board.

Here we will discuss many topics on electronic designs and circuits for various functions. PIC Chip programming has enormous potential in so many applications, that will be included in this forum as well.

Electric bicycle circuit board.

Postby mael » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm

What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 pm

all work and no play.....
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby mael » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 am

After playing with it for a few hours I decided I don't want to use that controller.

The controller doesn't seem to be a speed control so much as it is a sensor-controlled on/off button. But I cannot discount the possibility that the pulse width might be varied - though if it is then I didn't notice it with my un-loaded bench test.

I've got it rigged-up to another PWM controller I liberated from an expired E-bike. And it works very well.

I also found that while using the speed control, you can bridge the motor's negative to the battery negative then you get full power - sort of like a turbo. The good part about that is that bridging the controller doesn't destroy it. :)

The original controller has four very chunky-looking semiconductors and my plan is to make a new driver for them - I'll make it with an astable multivibrator because I'm challenged with anything else. This should be relatively easy, don't you think?

Maybe I'll see if I can remove the two semiconductors in the E-bike controller I've got it wired to and put the four larger ones from the original controller in instead?

* Velly solly about pics! I really want to! Once someone holds my hand and teaches me how to do it then I'll inundate the place with videos and my pics. My computer is Japanese and I can't do much with the programming. I can speak Japanese all right but I can't read it much. - And my wife can read the programming jargon but she needs me to tell her what it means. *sigh*
What has been won by the brave at great cost can be lost cheaply by fools and once gone can rarely be regained and only then at great cost.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby redriderno22 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:19 pm

photobucket and you tube, both free and easy mael
all work and no play.....
redriderno22
Regular Poster

Postby ong » Sat May 14, 2011 1:32 pm

ong

Re: Electric bicycle circuit board.

Postby WeThePeople » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:06 pm

The sensor was most likely a magnetic Hall effect sensor,
and the gear had a magnet in a drilled out hole sir...
WeThePeople

Postby mael » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:12 am

Sh*t!

I wasted the best part of an hour on that reply! It didn't go through and vanished when I tried to post so I couldn't copy it.
mael
Regular Poster

Postby SeaMonkey » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 am

Aaargh! It really hurts when that happens.

Apparently it is necessary to use a word
processor to create the commentary then
paste it in to the reply when needed to
avoid loss when things go awry. But who
remembers to do this until disaster strikes?

Here's hopin' you'll try it again Mael...
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Return to Electronics, Circuits & PIC Chips