[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Is anyone using Parallax Basic Stamps?

Is anyone using Parallax Basic Stamps?

Here we will discuss many topics on electronic designs and circuits for various functions. PIC Chip programming has enormous potential in so many applications, that will be included in this forum as well.

Is anyone using Parallax Basic Stamps?

Postby hypersoniq » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:58 pm

I was looking for a suitable development platform for some experiments I would like to do concerning frequency, looks like a good platform.
Anyone toyed with the Basic stamp?
I was concerned that the onboard frequency accessible via the FREQOUT command stops at 32kHz, but it seems others in the series have higher limits.
hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Mon May 12, 2008 6:01 am

hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Nice move!

Postby SeaMonkey » Mon May 12, 2008 10:34 pm

Hypersoniq,

Well done! You've made a good choice; it has a very versatile and capable instruction set.

The microcontrollers available these days are utterly fantastic. And once you've mastered its use you'll come up with all sorts of potential applications. Very stimulating to the mind and imagination...

Programming can be addictive, so beware!

In any event you'll have great fun.
SeaMonkey
Regular Poster

Postby Cryptonic26 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Cryptonic26
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Sun May 18, 2008 5:45 pm

The biggest problem I am having is trying to find good tutorials on the ATMega168 and programming for it in C.
I ordered a bigger breadboard because the one with the kit is just too small. It's 2 side-by-side on a plate with 2 voltage pegs, so I can make a control circuit in 5v with the chip and a higher power frequency generator beside it. If C proves too much (or lack of resources and training) then I might consider a freeduino USB kit, since there are MANY tutorials about that (and it uses the ATMega168 chip)

My first project is a relatively simple plan, fill a container with water (no electrolytes!) and place an antenna in the center (covered with plastic so there is no water-metal contact). Around the antenna will be a plastic coated section of copper tube (to serve as an RF shield, keeping any effects local to the antenna). A simple carrier wave will be applied to the antenna, starting at the lowest frequency available by the processor (probably with several different power levels) and stepping up by the smallest increments to the max frequency available. I will have to get some sort of sensor that logs when a reaction occurs so the test can be run hands off (my best estimate puts run time at 5 to 7 continuous DAYS)

Many are quick to discount that water can be split by frequency alone, and even those that agree with the theory argue over the actual frequency... before I discount it, I would need to see for myself. I have MUCH to learn and this simple first step could take years, but that's my plan.
hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Postby Cryptonic26 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Cryptonic26
Regular Poster

Postby hypersoniq » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:35 pm

hypersoniq
Regular Poster

Return to Electronics, Circuits & PIC Chips