[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Ignition coil circut

Ignition coil circut

Here we will discuss many topics on electronic designs and circuits for various functions. PIC Chip programming has enormous potential in so many applications, that will be included in this forum as well.

Postby kevinsatterfield » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:32 pm

can somone tell me how to put a condensor on a coil?Does it hook up on the terminals of the coil or wat?? please.....
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby nebbian » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:12 am

Hi,

There are a number of ways to do this, check out this schematic to see how cars do it:

The condenser is there to stop the points from burning out, so if you're not using points you don't need one. The condenser goes across the points, which also means that you get a bit of 'ringing' by having an LC circuit with the battery being part of the return path.

In other words, the condenser goes from the negative terminal of the coil to ground (so long as you're switching the negative as most systems do). It goes across (in parallel with) the switch, whatever switch you're using to generate the pulses (usually points or a relay or a transistor).
nebbian
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:04 pm

Stevie or anybody.....does this mean I wuld need a 37000 turn ratio on the loop of wire to over come the impedence or match it or something....prolly a silly ? but i dont know.......lol

Given that we have 22 amps at 12V, the cell's impedance works out at 0.54 ohms.
If we try to jam 20,000 volts into an impedance of 0.54 ohms, we'd be trying to cram 37000 amps into it.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:17 pm

Nebbian my prob with the coil module is it keeps shocking me and im try'n to over come that issue...As Mr.Carver says tho i may need to drive it thru the cell to ground and acconplish that....waiting on plates to be get done 4 now....i messed up and put in pottasium carbonate and ruined my anode so im just have'n em both redone.....that dern ignition module gave me the same problem before it keep shocking me and i have it grounded to a pile of steel in the floor...im hope'n its just that i dont have it grounded good or that Nile is rite and i need it hooked up to the cell and have it run thru it to ground to over come the shocking thang.Id like to be able to adjust the frequency with out the cell hooked up for now .
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:33 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:05 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:52 am

Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:58 am

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kumaran » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:51 am

Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
kumaran
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:56 am

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:27 pm

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:26 am

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:45 pm

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:55 pm

kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby chemelec » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:22 am

My NEW Website is:
chemelec
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Electronics, Circuits & PIC Chips