[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Odd problem, I guess

Odd problem, I guess

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Odd problem, I guess

Postby kww » Sun May 22, 2005 5:00 pm

kww
Regular Poster

Re: Odd problem, I guess

Postby kww » Sun May 22, 2005 6:11 pm

kww
Regular Poster

Re: Odd problem, I guess

Postby kww » Sun May 22, 2005 8:07 pm

kww
Regular Poster

Postby idnick » Mon May 23, 2005 1:33 am

idnick

Postby chemelec » Mon May 23, 2005 9:23 am

I Doubt that this Silicone is causing your problem, BUT:

There are 2 main catagories of Silicone. Acidic and NON-Acidic.

The Types of Silicone Used for Bath tubs is Acidic and Should NOT be used for Hydrogen Cells. This Acidic Type is Corrosive and Conductive.

There is a NON-Acidic type made for Automotive applications. It is Non Conductive and Non-Corrosive.

Gary
If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Postby kww » Mon May 23, 2005 3:28 pm

Well, using my ohm meter the silicone and door spline show 0 signs of conductivity. Also, no plates were shown to be shorted.

I've been playing around today with it. By sticking an electrode through the fill opening I've been running one, then two, etc. cells at a time. By the time I get out to around the 6th and 7th cells I can't get many amps to go through, even after adding about 4 tbsps of lye to the 1/2 gal. cap. of the cells. I can run about 2 amps through the whole thing now so it is working. I've made cylindrical cells with nearly the same 2.5 inch of space between the - and + electrodes which will flow far more current with far less lye. Something just doesn't seem right, unless using a whole container of lye for 1 gallon of water is the norm?
Kevin
kww
Regular Poster

Postby firepinto » Mon May 23, 2005 7:20 pm

Maybe run some tests on your battery charger to see if it isn't fried. try hooking up some headlight bulbs or motors to see if it can handle it.

Nate
firepinto

Postby kww » Mon May 23, 2005 10:48 pm

I've come to the conclusion I've just got too many cells(11) and not enough volts(14 on the car) to push enough current through my unit without adding insane amounts of lye. So, I put a stainless rod down through the top center of my unit and wedged it between the middle two plates. These two center plates are now + and the two outer plates are now both -, which means I've got two sets of 5 cells in series. With this setup I can get push lots of current and get lots of bubbles(for chemelec ;-) between all the plates, except the middle two because they're both positive. Problem solved it seems. Btw, this new unit makes more than twice the gas/amp input that the old series cylindrical unit did. Only problem now is that the strength of the container is poor, sprung quite a leak when I put a little pressure on it. However, a little vacuum should be all it has to handle. I patched the leak and mounted it in my car, we'll see.
kww
Regular Poster

Postby kww » Wed May 25, 2005 10:45 pm

kww
Regular Poster

Postby kww » Thu May 26, 2005 5:32 pm

kww
Regular Poster

Postby kww » Thu May 26, 2005 5:38 pm

kww
Regular Poster

Postby kww » Fri May 27, 2005 1:33 pm