[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - RE: Hydrogen and Oxygen Separation - From Old Forum

RE: Hydrogen and Oxygen Separation - From Old Forum

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

RE: Hydrogen and Oxygen Separation - From Old Forum

Postby chrisxp » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:39 pm

"Chris, what it sounds like happened is your plates were not sealed to the chamber walls, allowing the current to bypass the center plates and effectively short out the cell from end to end. This will happen to a series cell arrangement that is not sealed. With 60 plates (59 cells), you should have had absolutely no bubble activity at voltages as low as 12 VDC, 24 VDC, or even 48 VDC. Any bubble activity at those low voltages indicates a current leak past the center cells."
- Bob Boyce

Thank you Bob! Now that I recall I don't think they were properly sealed. I think I'll give this idea another go.

Thank you.
chrisxp

Postby rodney » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:21 pm

how big of a deal is the current leakage? i have 2- 61 plate cells with a 1/16 gap in some areas (the people who sheared the plates .. ). It seems to work ok??
If it is a big deal I was thinking that i could pour some heated fiberglass resin along each side to build the sides?
Or I guess I could go the hard way and just build a new box! :cry:
rodney
Regular Poster

Postby duke401 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:07 am

i am getting my plates sheared tomorrow will these things work with pluse wave generator [to run a 60 hp car] i was going to use around 64 plates at 14 gage 6" by 6". i dont know much yet but gives me some thing to play with.
duke
duke401
Regular Poster

Postby duke401 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:10 am

i am getting my plates sheared tomorrow will these things work with pluse wave generator [to run a 60 hp car] i was going to use around 64 plates at 14 gage 6" by 6". i dont know much yet but gives me some thing to play with.
duke
duke401
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:11 am

Don't use anythig GLASS related when dealing with Sodium Hydroxide. You can have very bad reactions there :(

I need to find the old forum posts on this but we had several messages with sources given for reasons NOT to do this.
-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby chrisxp » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:57 pm

chrisxp

Postby chemelec » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:05 am

If you Email Me, the Word "ELECTRONIC" MUST appear in the Subject Line.

My NEW Website is:
http://chemelec.com
chemelec
Regular Poster

Glass

Postby RS » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:01 pm

RS

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:28 pm

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Postby chrisxp » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:54 pm

chrisxp

Postby Clyde » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:18 pm

Clyde
Regular Poster

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:05 am

-Chris

OUPower.com Site Admin
Chris
Site Admin

Hydrogen and oxygen seperation

Postby rodney » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:14 pm

Everone-

Does anyone have any good Ideas for a seperator between a 2 plate setup besides water filter material? -rodney
rodney
Regular Poster

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis