[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
OUPower.com • View topic - Secret to Herman Anderson's water fuel system...

Secret to Herman Anderson's water fuel system...

This forum is for discussing anything related to electrolysis and electrolyzer designs.

Postby kansashonda » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:06 am

Hey Kevin,
Here is an idea I just had. Only an Idea. The exhaust is nitrous and water vapor. Sound like fuel to me :lol: So instead using the heat blower to pressurize it, could we allow exhaust to pressurize it?

Ofcourse with out knowing the nitrous concentration in the exhaust, this could be dangerous. However, it could also be realy Damn Cool. :lol:

If it turns out to be alot of nitrous, then mabe just a swich that would direct it strait to the intake. Only when you want it there. Like a dragster, but free.

This system has to many posibilitys to be true. I am siched about this one. :wink:

Keep up the good work :D
DRUGS are for loosers.
kansashonda
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:29 pm

Sure seems plausible to use exaust gas....as some do like Peter Lowrie as well as others.
Archie Blue used a small air compressor.

Mr.Anderson discovered that only 8 ounces of preasure was needed to increase the mass density of hydrogen.(not sure if the same applies to bottled hydrogen or only hydrogen produced on demmand)

For this is such a simple design with so much science involved,it does seem unreal.

This is a serries cell design wich explains why only one side of each electrode contacts the water.Im not sure if that makes each plate bi-polar as most serries cells useing multiple plates,but none the less it is a serries cell.

The nitrous thing for free is something.......I would think about maybe purify'n it and put'n it a bottle for that dragster effect.....I aggree, this system has many posibilitys and as you I am Siched !!!! 8)
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

herman

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:19 pm

After re-reading some from the first post here maybe we shouldnt try a scaled down modle unless its just for construction of cell understanding purposes:

If the geometry and gradient are such that the ionized region continues to grow instead of stopping at a certain radius, a completely conductive path is formed, and a momentary (or continuous) spark (or arc) occurs.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:56 pm

Here is some information that may have an effect on what soft steel to use.

Magnetostriction is a property of ferromagnetic materials that causes them to change their shape when subjected to a magnetic field. The effect was first identified in 1842 by James Joule when observing a sample of nickel.

Internally, ferromagnetic materials have a crystal structure that is divided into domains, each of which is a region of uniform magnetic polarisation. When a magnetic field is applied, the boundaries between the domains shift and the domains rotate, both these effects causing a change in the material's dimensions.

Magnetostrictive materials can convert magnetic energy into kinetic energy, or the reverse, and are used to build actuators and sensors. The property can be quantified by the magnetostrictive coefficient, L, which is the fractional change in length as the magnetization of the material increases from zero to the saturation value. The effect is responsible for the familiar "electric hum" (Listen (help·info)) which can be heard near transformers and high power electrical devices (depending on country, either 100 or 120 hertz, plus harmonics).

The reciprocal effect, the change of the susceptibility of a material when subjected to a mechanical stress, is called the Villari effect. Two other effects are related to magnetostriction: the Matteucci effect is the creation of a helical anisotropy of the susceptibility of a magnetostrictive material when subjected to a torque and the Wiedemann effect is the twisting of these materials when an helical magnetic field is applied to them.

The Villari Reversal is the change in sign of the magnetostriction of iron from positive to negative when exposed to magnetic fields of approximately 40000 A/m (500 oersteds).

Cobalt exhibits the largest room temperature magnetostriction of a pure element at 60 microstrain. Among alloys, the highest known magnetostriction is exhibited by Terfenol-D, (Ter for terbium, Fe for iron, NOL for Naval Ordnance Laboratory, and D for dysprosium). Terfenol-D, TbxDy1-xFe2, exhibits about 2000 microstrains in a field of 2 kOe (160 kA/m) at room temperature and is the most commonly used engineering magnetostrictive material [1].
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kansashonda » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:28 pm

Kevin how can the hydrogen be seperated from the o2. And what was sherman's power source like. :lol:
DRUGS are for loosers.
kansashonda
Regular Poster

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:36 am

kansashonda,
good question..... i havent got that far 8)
with Hermans system it may be problematic to place a thin membrane(silk like material) between the anode and cathode due to the high EMF. I really dont think that seperating the gases will be a cheap thing to do.If we knew the water vapor content in just the hydrogen gas made would make deciding a method to choose a little easier.If only the oxygen gas made contained the water vapor produced would make life easier but i dont know.I dont plan on seperating the gasses myself

But it does seem possible to put something in the gas port that will pass the hydrogen and hold down the oxygen and then release the oxygen at a seperate location.

I do know that when the gasses are mixed together as they are made the product becomes heavy.In my 7 cell booster I use to have a gas port in the shape of a cross for collecting it ,the runoff pluss a water feed.(+)
The gas would voluntary flow out the bottom of the cross rather than the top if allowed to do so.

Hermans' cell could be constructed to do it but I dont know what material is strong enough to handle the EMF and the electrolyte.If you build Hermans cell with out the EMF part would be a place to start on learnning the process.By that I mean find something like silk ,cut it out so that it can be sandwiched between the two electrode mounting rings.The mounting rings will of cource need to be cut longer than the ones in my folder.Its that simple.Then put fittings in the pvc on top on each side of the silk material and you get hydrogen from the cathode side and oxygen from the anode side.The material used inside the cell will of cource need to be compatible with electrolyte and that is a matter of soak'n some of it and looking to see if it is or not.
hope that helps........
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:47 am

Hermans power souce was ran from the battery and to a custom built coil.

Imagine this.......Hermans cell hooked streight up to the battery pulling 22 amps from brute force electrolysis.EASY rite......ok now imagine increasing the mass density of that gas in one of the ways he described it ccould be done.....oh yeah..... I havent placed that post from Mr.Allen yet.....sorry.....i'll do that now 8) But first just remeber its brute force electrloysis, meanning that its running from streight off the battery.

Herman increases the effecientcy of the gas,rather than just the power supply.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

herman

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:49 am

Herman Anderson, in his Green Machine interview video, emphasizes the importance of
increasing the mass density of the hydrogen gas produced in an electrolytic cell. He repeats the phrase
"increase the mass density" over and over again. He suggests 3 ways of doing it:

1) By the use of a "supercharger" above the surface of the electrolyte in the cell, using only 8 ounces of pressure.
That's why he had the water column gauge mounted on the top of his prototype cell, to monitor the pressure during the
testing phase, and the red PVC valve between the heater blower and the Honeywell gas valve, (I believe) to adjust the
volume of air. He claimed that this increases the mass density of the hydrogen . It appears Herman did this using the
heater blower. He even lets these words fly: You don't have to make deuterium if you put a supercharger on it. Archie Blue
may have achieved this same effect with his 12V air pump. He may have felt that bubble release from the plates was the
benefit of the air pump, but the effect of a supercharger may have been of equal or greater importance to the success of
his system without his realizing it.

2) By the use of HV EMF radiation, a 7.5 CPS standing wave resonance, which he describes as being "between a sawtooth
and a square box wave on an oscilloscope" that effectively draws the hydrogen ions together to form tighter molecules,
doubling the atomic weight/mass density. Whereas he used 12V 22 amps for the electrolysis, he used 11 milliamps to achieve
EMF resonance.

3) By the use of water injection.

Additionally, he says that circulating the electrolyte without a pump using a "thermo cycle" design both cools
it (at 180 degrees it becomes volatile) and avoids the formation of a "wet bubble" that causes electrolyte to leave
the chamber along with the gases that are produced. Also, the 8 oz. of air pressure helps to keep the bubbles "pressed down."
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kansashonda » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:01 am

My wife works at a plant that makes PVC, CPVC, and fire retardent plastic fittings for spinkler systems. She thinks that she gets a good discount :wink: . We will soon see just how good. I will certainly have to buy more 13" pipe than I need. If it is not to expensive I will ship you some. More to come, after she talks to her supervisor. :wink:
DRUGS are for loosers.
kansashonda
Regular Poster

Postby kevinsatterfield » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:30 am

you will need 14" pipe and a 10' section is all i can get from the net and its 22 dollars a foot.I think i may can order a coupling for around 50 dollars and use it.Have'n the bell end of the pipe is not all that neccessary as we can get a tite fit for a mounting ring with the same size pipe by just cutting a section of it out and getting a good tite fit.Thats what I ended up doing on this 8" pipe.Im just building this smaller one so that what mistakes I make will be avoided on the 14" pipe.
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby kansashonda » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:51 am

I am also having to use 14". I am not sure how much it will cost yet. My wife will go in on monday and have it cut to the lengths she needs, as an employ, she gets to by any amount she wants, and they cut it for free. I am hoping that it is dirt cheap. Craps or something. And I to have figured on cuting a section out to make the inner seperater.
I thought that is what you did :wink: .

Oh well I will tell you how much it ran me after monday. Exciting hu. :lol: at least now I know how much you could find it for, so that is a good starting piont.

good luck HONDA :lol: :lol:
DRUGS are for loosers.
kansashonda
Regular Poster

Postby kansashonda » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:01 am

Deionized water........ Ozonated water.......... This stuff is much too bucu. 86 dollars for 5 gal. of deionized and ozonated water. That is a touch higher than gasoline. :wink:

How do we make our own?, or where do we get it cheap? I could only find it at one on-line store. Also the electrolyte. Where do we buy that cheap?, what comon product has a large amount of this in it?

I like this idea, it just seems that we have alot to learn on it.

Also how did he wire the ciols to make the corona discharge? :D
DRUGS are for loosers.
kansashonda
Regular Poster

k

Postby kevinsatterfield » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:53 am

kansashonda,

I think Herman was ozenating the water inside the chamber as well with all the other things he was doing simutaniuosly.My time for doing research is somewhat limited now that Im working out of town and I had looked into creating ozenated water.It came up on a search of corona.

The coupling Im gonna order today is $40 and im sure it will be be big enough to get the 3"3/8" wide piece for the house'n and the 1" wide or 1/2" wide mounting rings.My electrodes are 3/16" thick.Gonna go pik up the 8" electrodes today from plating shop,cost me 10 a piece to have them plated.I'll update this evenning after i recut another piece of pipe as i did not allow for the thickness of the electrodes the first time and cut the pipe too short.Those kind of mistakes are what Im try'n to avoid when going full scale. 8)
kevinsatterfield
Regular Poster

Postby garth » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:28 pm

You can produce your own de-ionized water if you contact a water treatment company. The device is basically a water softener. A mixed-bed resin cannister (having proper cation and anion resin mix) would run around $US100-$200. The amount of resin in the container governs how many gallons you will get through it. When the resin is spent, it must be regenerated by the water people, or you can buy virgin resin again. Companies that use Wire EDM machines are very familiar with DI water and how to produce it. It is used in the Wire EDM process (metal cutting with electricity)
Cheers,
Garth
garth

Postby garth » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:34 pm

1cu ft cannister should yield a couple hundred gallons of DI water.
Cheers,
Garth
garth

PreviousNext

Return to Hydrogen Production via Electrolysis